Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. ExitaR

ExitaR Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Philippines
    @FayeValentine

Thank you very much for your golden advice!

Sadly I just bought Dallas. I was playing in a coffee house and wasn't home. I'm 8000 gold away from buying Los Angeles to make it a feeder to New York as you advised.

I used an online tool and dishearteningly found out that I need a Pearget or Aerojet to reach London. I'm almost level 10 and I've a lot of game time ahead of me to get to level 14.

I'm not sure if it was wise but I already sold Ottawa and Montreal to fund my dismal Global Event efforts. Ah well, Los Angeles awaits so no worries :D

Btw, how many cities to leap frog from New York to Beijing and which planes are you using? Thanks for answering my previous questions. :cool:

2. ExitaR

ExitaR Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Philippines
    Pissed at myself for not starting the Salvador quest earlier and ran out time to reach the 50 minimum jobs :mad:

3. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    Just hit 30lv and im a bit disappointed that you cant buy Concorde and AC130 in the market. Oh well.

4. kskh2o

kskh2o Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Suggestion: Dealing with closures

I really wish there was a way to deal with closures a little more straightforward in the game. I mean I know I can empty the planes and move them to hangars and all but it would be nice for the game to offer a better way to deal with them.

A few things that come to mind is
    1) having it cost bux to take off, land or pass through the airport.
    2) have an airplane upgrade that allows planes to land/take off closed airports.
    3) have an airport upgrade that allows planes to land/take off closed airports.
    4) cost bux to have the closed airport run using "emergency systems" or whatnot (basically buy an open state)

It is sometimes really annoying to have something close up on you that either makes you put down and forgat the game for an hour or micromanage a whole lot to go around it. It would fit with the general principle of the game too, you can either wait for it to open or spend bux if you don't want to wait.

Just my .02 :)

5. PanamaCanal

PanamaCanal Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Concorde and AC130 are for special events. They haven't been released yet but I understand your frustation. Hopefully they will add more planes for the higher levels.

6. Klodi13

Klodi13 Member

Jul 19, 2012
    I want to make my Nome-Wellington flight. Just as Chicago went available, Nome goes down... frustration!

7. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    A Pearjet upgraded to level 3 range can fly a LA-NY-London-Tehran-Beijing route. That route will also work nicely when you get Aeroeagles. When the Sequoia comes along, you can go straight from Tehran to Tokyo.

Once you have plenty of coins, don't hesitate to close airports to suit your needs. You can always reopen them later!

8. Codycat

Codycat Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Don't stalk me.
    Anyone know why their Get Satisfaction page says shut down or whatever? I guessed I missed something because i didn't hear they were stopping it.

9. Max_Kas

Max_Kas New Member

May 8, 2012
    Did anyone get their winnings from the latest global event for the air museum? I had mine this morning but when I opened my iPad and iCloud synced I lost them... They disappeared off my iPhone and haven't come back. Just wondering if this happened to anyone else?

10. Cahockey

Cahockey Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2012
    I got to level 16 this morning and finally got my first aero eagle. I got my most profitable flight up with it on its first flight. I have all of my class 2 planes bringing in jobs from Paris, Cairo, London towards Instanbul, then Delhi, Jakarta, and Sydney for them to go to Wellington. I've been using my Pearjet to bring in north American jobs.

11. Som yung gai

Som yung gai Well-Known Member

Half of my fleet are now Sequoias and Tetras. Each type of plane has a specific route. Sequoias go LA-NY-London-Moscow-Manila. Tetras go LA-NY-London-Moscow-Shenyang. Profits over 11,000 every time.

12. Doelie

Doelie Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Amsterdam
    Loading Manila people in LA or you switch loads every stop?

13. Som yung gai

I load up the Manila/Shenyang people in LA, the rest are used as regional airports for my Aeroeagles.

14. Mdaymond

Mdaymond Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Last Event!

So just wanted to add my experience from the last world event in Salvador...!

I decided as soon as it started to just go for it, but hesitated a little in fully committing all aircraft to it.

I basically got to #11 only to drop to #30 after not playing for one of the days! So decided to ignore profit / loss and go all out - 4 Fogbusters, 1 Kangaroo, 2 Birchcraft, 2 Cyclones, 1 Sea Knight and 7 Aeroeagles flooded South Brazil with jobs for Salvador! Airports were London / Paris, Chicago / New York, Sao Paulo / Rio, Recife and Salvador. I was delivering about 140-220 jobs every hour or so of play! Ended catching up and placing 6th, still out of reach of Faye unfortunately! :) (2,217 jobs to 3,319!) Well done Faye!!!!!!

15. ExitaR

ExitaR Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Philippines
    Event reward

Good day everyone.

I've been reading a few hundred posts back and read that I just need 5 jobs instead of 50 to qualify for an event reward. Is this true? I was able to squeeze in 39-45ish jobs yesterday (flight crew update was terrible because I was on a cafe wifi).

Also, where can I check the exact amount of Salvador jobs I've delivered? It's not showing up on my events menu. Thanks

16. Som yung gai

Hey there!
    Five jobs was the old amount needed to qualify for prizes, and it has risen to 50. If you did qualify, you should get a window saying how much jobs you did (50+), and what your prize was. Hoped this helped you!

17. ExitaR

ExitaR Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Philippines
    Thank you for the info. I most probably didn't qualify lol. It was a mad scramble. I moved all my mohawk-m, crappy bearclaw and wallaby. At most I probably made 42-44 jobs.

I hope they offer the warhawk parts again soon to give a chance for us new players :D

18. ExitaR

ExitaR Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Philippines
    Great.. just great. Snow storm in New York. Planes grounded :mad:

Time to do something else. Maybe Tiny Tower :D

19. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    It was definitely 30 Bux and one p40 warhawk part.

20. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    #6060 Faye Valentine, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
    I do
    LA - NY - London/Paris - Tehran - Beijing
    Using Aeroeagles, Fogbusters & Cyclones

If you have a Cyclone (3x) then you can do NY - Istanbul (bypass London/Paris).
    I sold Istanbul a long time ago and kept Tehran.

Edited to add:
    Sorry for the poor response above, I was in a hurry typing from iPhone and running out the door. Let me clarify...

If you have a 3x range upgraded Cyclone, you go directly from NY to Istanbul to Beijoing, bypassing London/Paris & Tehran. Then the route would be this:
    LA - NY - Istanbul - Beijing

I forgot to include Sequoia above.

I use my Sequoia, Fogbuster and Cyclone for this route:
    LA - NY - Paris - Tehran - Beijing

And I use my Aeroeagle (3x range) for this route:
    LA - NY - London - Tehran - Beijing

I also use Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo.
    My Cyclone, Fogbuster, and Sequoia can make the hop from Tehran to Tokyo, however my Aeroeagle needs to make a stop at one of the other Asia cities (I usually choose Seoul) before continuing to Tokyo.