Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Fluffeh

Fluffeh Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    student :P
    east coast.... somewhere
    I'm not allowed to say anything back? :rolleyes: Don't worry; I won't wander away from the front page again.

2. 3parkbenchhydra

3parkbenchhydra Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    It's not that you're not allowed to say something back; it's that you act so hurt and offended. It was an offhanded remark, almost a pun on the way you worded your sentence. It Isn't About You. Treat it as offhandedly as it was offered.

3. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Quite certain. I made sure of this for testing purposes - I even had the 25% bonus.

I had 1 cargo worth a buck, and another one worth coins - both going to the same destination. I closed the app and then went back to it mid - flight and the buck cargo was missing. I waited for the plane to land and was given the buck anyway, so I guess that's alright.

4. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    A few questions:

Em... no multitasking? I crash everytime I exit and reenter the game.

Why are some parts highlight green in the parts screen?
    *Ninja edit: did some checking, green parts are parts you don't have (or you need?).

WHY. Is. Sydney. Locked by default!? I've got the major cities around it - Adelaide, Melbourne and Brisbane opened but NO SYDNEY!? This is an insult! :rolleyes:

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #65 Echoseven, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
    Green are parts for planes for which you already have other parts in your "warehouse".

EDIT: The "sounds" tick in the menu doesn't mute plane sounds, but it does mute everything else.

6. ProperChopper

ProperChopper Well-Known Member

#66 ProperChopper, Jun 14, 2012
    Let me know how you get on with this! I'm level 7, but I want to make IAPs!

Edit: Just tested it. Lost everything, so I'm starting again. I didn't receive the Huey I should have won before reinstalling the UK version. Weirdly, it remembered the Flight Crew I was a member of. So maybe there's a chance?!

7. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Lol im level 7 too but darent delete it just yet :s will wait see whats said lol

8. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    This game is saved to device not game centre, I have it on my iPad and iPhone and started each in completely different places.

9. speeed

speeed Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Can't wait for this.. So can anyone answer the previous poster regarding friends and groups? I already have 50 strangers added for IB2 and I'll be damned if I need to add another 20 to play amongst everyone here..

Can anyone comment on the difficulty of the game compared to tiny tower?

10. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Cool thanks for heads up-will stick with Nz account version lol

11. visionwebs

Jan 24, 2012
    #71 visionwebs, Jun 14, 2012

Ooh ey mashead nice to see you again! Hope you still have me on your GC (got yours) if you need parts private message me here :)

To every one else, download this game because if you don't your missing out. I'm allready collecting lots of bucks without IAP so it's just as good as tiny tower, or better actually!

12. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I think you mean "lost" me as a customer. Or failed me as a developer. The first object fails the second object "as" whatever the first object is attempting to be. For example: "You fail yourself as a human being." See?

13. visionwebs

Jan 24, 2012
    Why I was playing on iPad and iPhone.
    Turned my head to see what was happening on my iPhone version and I saw a buck in the sky.. Which was right at the edge of the screen and I missed it LOL!
    :mad:

14. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Anyone knows how to disable the constant vibration of my iPhone when the plane lands? Really annoys me..

15. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Tried to like the game but the crappy graphics put me off.

16. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Looks like this doesn't quite use GC. It has a 'Flight Crew' feature where players can team up using the same crew name to accomplish time limited events.
    Prizes are included :D.

Should I create the TOUCHARCADE flight crew?

What difficulty!? You can lose money on unprofitable flights but it's hard to do so (unless you're flying without cargo).
    Tweak your phone's settings (notification center?).

17. wheatie

wheatie Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    This reminds me I haven't checked on my Tiny Tower in weeks maybe even months. I really liked Tiny Tower but got bored after a while.

This sounds very cool. It would be awesome if the planes in this game could visit people's real Tiny Towers (if both games could interact or users towers could populate this game). I know this far fetched but would be very cool.

18. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    "This game is saved to device not game centre, I have it on my iPad and iPhone and started each in completely different places."

It's supposed to use iCloud to sync between devices.

19. bigghurt

bigghurt Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Is there a add me page for this already so I can start adding people at 11:00 pm or will people just put there gamecenter tags here? P.s. how far behind will non new zealand people be by tonight?

20. visionwebs

Jan 24, 2012
    Well if it's supposed to be using iCloud it's not because both my devices are logged into the same game centre account. Also got 3.6g left of storage so...