Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. cmac257

cmac257 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Noobie here, and I was just wondering... Say if I download this tomorrow, will there be anything I missed by not downloading when it came out? I hope that's not so...

2. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    You won't miss out if you download this game today. Though if you start on the global event in Paris, then it will be quite hard to catch up...

3. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    LOL my sis called just now and we chatted for abt an hour. Since I'm a very one-track minded person, I couldn't work while chatting on the phone, so I babysat PP all the while :)

Congrats on completing the achievements. I haven't finished mine yet.
    Thanks for doing the google sheet for the leaderboard. I'll go and look into it later.

BTW, y fogbusters? If you like speed, some of the heavyweights here use cyclones. Otherwise sequoias (slow but cheap. Good for bux strategies, or if coins not an issue).

Hi-5 Hardocre, they're certainly misery parts. Miser (Nimblebit is stingy and generating mystery parts), and misery to collect (especially checking through the airports for them.)

Welcome cmac257. Just download PP and play.

4. CastlePage

Sep 28, 2012
    Newsflash

There's an embassy dinner at New York. Spy documents are secretly leaking out of New York to other cities. So if you're doing the global event quest at Paris, take note that the spy documents from New York are white in color. I haven't tested to see if they count towards the global event, but my guess is that only blue colored jobs count.

End of Newsflash​

5. KR4UT

KR4UT Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Thank you.

Fogbusters simply because they are the biggest i have for now, Level 21.
    I know Sequoias are the best cost/mile, gonna replace the Fogbusters then.

6. Romeo Longsword

Romeo Longsword Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Hong Kong, London, Osaka
    Thanks all for adding me :) I now have some friends.

I am new to this so I would like to ask, what are things I should look for? For example what planes it's good or does it not matter? I am level 6 currently.

I am planing to buy the Tokyo Airport when I save enough money, this will be the first red dotted airport I am buying, is this a good idea, or should my money be invested where else?

So far I have:
    Bearclaw - P
    Griffon - C
    Navigator - M
    Wallaby - P
    Airvan - M

What planes should I be looking for next?

7. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    I updated my strategy for the full plane Paris global event to collect a maximum of mystery parts, Bux and do a lot of jobs for TouchArcade1 at the same time ;)
    It costs a lot of coins, but makes tons of Bux, mystery parts and jobs!
    Feel free to comment ;)

1/ Airports :
    Close the most of class 1 or 2 airports and some of your class 3. You'll be better off finding mystery parts with less than 10 airports and have greater luck with class 3.
    You need at the minimum :
    - the event airport : Paris (class 1)
    - the closest class 3 airport : London
    - a few of the next closest class 3 airports : Istanbul, Cairo...
    - for the other airports, try to have them in cluster (2 close airports of the same class ie Rio/Sao Paulo, or Seoul/Shanghai...) and the farthest apart for the biggest Bux payout.
    Fully upgrade all the Class 3 airports to have the biggest job pool possible.
    Advertise all the time the target airport : Paris

2/ Planes

- M planes, one assigned to each airport you have. Bigger is better, but speed not important nor upgrades. I colored them all in green and named them sthg like BXLON (BuX LONdon) to find them easily.
    Have one M sitting in each airport, fill them ONLY with mystery parts and Bux. Don't move them until they're full of P or C.
    For the planes close to Paris, send them there, unload them and send them back quickly to their assigned airport.
    For the other M sitters, try to have them working in pairs for fast switching. Ie if the Seoul one is full send it to Shanghai. And at the same time send the Shanghai one to Seoul. Unload them both. Rinse and repeat.

- P/C planes in pairs for all your airports which are the closest to Paris. fast and big is better. I colored them in yellow (passengers) or red (cargos) and named them in the likes of EVLON (EVent LONdon).
    Have one P and one C in London, Istanbul, Cairo... Put in them ONLY PARIS jobs. When full, send them on a back and forth trip to Paris. It's fastest not to bother filling them up in Paris for the back trip, but it's your call!

-Have a few M planes to collect all the Bux jobs from your other airports. I fill them with the all the Bux layovers then Paris jobs send them all to Paris, unload them, then send them when full with the 25% bonus out there.

3/ Play
    - At each 5 minute session, priority is to go to your M planes sitting in your airports and check for mystery parts and Bux.
    - Then check the P/C planes for the Paris jobs only.
    - then do the rest if you still got time :D

8. CastlePage

Sep 28, 2012
    #8888 CastlePage, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
    Personally, I started off in Asia too because of the density of class 3 airports :) And I think it's the easiest.

Save your bux. Don't bother buying planes for now. We can probably send you some planes if u add us in the game center.

Are you planning PP casually or are you trying to level up fast?

Edit: BTW, Vic Sark doesn't like Tokyo.

I'm scouting the market for a sequoia and cyclone for u. Have to see how cooperative the market is :p

Edit: The market was coughed up a kangeroo-M which I sent to Romeo Longsword. But it flatly refused to sell cyclone M engine and Seq-M control !!! (mad)

Edit2: the market STILL doesn't sell the missing parts !!!!!

9. CastlePage

Sep 28, 2012
    #8889 CastlePage, Nov 12, 2012
    LOL Vic, trust you to come up with a max bux-mystery-part strategy. :D How many mystery parts have you missed (due to not checking the airports) in typing out this post? And did you think of your strategies when feeding your baby?
    How many bux and mystery parts do you have now?
    And what's the minimum no. of planes for your strategy above?
    Hats off to you for checking 41 planes in 4 mins. LOL

Edit: Grrr ... I'm now SERIOUSLY considering changing my set-up again. :p Now thinking of which pairs of airports to have. We can have twin hubs at the ends E.g. shanghai/Seoul NY/Chicago Rio/sao paulo Paris/london ... but what about in between? There's nothing near Tehran or Kinshasa or jakarta. Or you have planes flying direct london - seoul (or some asian city)?

10. Romeo Longsword

Romeo Longsword Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Hong Kong, London, Osaka
    I think I would be fairly active on PP, I loved Tiny Tower and even played one of it's rip off, Little Castle (a 3D version of TT with a different theme).

I have received all your gifts, I am so, so grateful, these three planes you have given me are so powerful! That I am going to retire some of the weakest ones for the space.

Are M class planes the only class we should aim for?

11. Harmoniamundi

Harmoniamundi Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    I'm going to piggy back on whoever said ratio is about 1:100. Over time that seems to be true. Last event I got 24 parts with a little over 2100 jobs. This time I have 6 with 700 jobs. Sometimes they come in clusters, and other times it is sparse, but if you keep with it, I think you'll do as well as anyone else ratio wise, unless you completely calibrate your fleet and close a ton of airports so that you never miss any opportunities.

12. Hardocre

Hardocre Active Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Does anyone have aeroeagle-m spare parts/plane? Trying to buy more for grabbing bux, but the market doesn't like me

13. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    lol, quite a few!
    I'm at 26700 Bux (+2600 Bux since the beginning of the Paris event), 3000 jobs and about 30 mystery parts.
    The odds of 1/100 for a mystery part being for a cargo part only, I almost doubled them with the babysitting I guess.

I got 11 airports : LA, NY, Sao Paulo, Rio, Paris, London, Madrid, Istanbul, CAiro, Shanghai, Seoul.
    Flying 4 Cloudliners P/C for Istanbul and Cairo Paris only jobs. 2 Cyclones P/C for London.
    2 Aeroeagles M for Madrid/ Paris.
    10 Sequoias M sitting in class 3 airports dedicated to Bux/MP.
    And flying when I got the time, 16 Cyclone M and the rest in Sequoias.

And yeah 41 planes are quite a mess. They're only useful if I can play at least a half hour straight!

I also send Cloudliners for round trips, never thought I'd do that one day when I bought them lol. :D

14. CastlePage

Sep 28, 2012
    I want to fire the market operator and the Paris advertising company. And the London airport manager !

15. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    20 cyclones and 8 aeros?

16. PapiChullo

PapiChullo Active Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Holy Hell, that's a lot of planes. I only have 20 right now and it seems like a lot haha. My strategy so far is just establishing round trips between Paris and all of the class 3 airports that I had open. I have either a P/C sequoia/cyclone or 2 Ms flying round trip to CHI/NY, London, Cairo, Istanbul, Tehran, Dehli/Mumbai, Seoul/Tok/Man/Shang and Rio/Sao Paolo and Lagos/Kinshasha. Then I have an Aeroeagle from Madrid, 2 feeders loading jobs in NA and SA/Africa. Then I have two C planes (Pearjet/Aero) sitting in LA/Tok just waiting for mystery parts. I end up looking in all of the cities, so it's definitely a much less efficient process.

But right now I'm in 9th for the event and I've found 15 mystery parts, so not too bad.

17. KR4UT

KR4UT Member

Nov 7, 2012
    #8897 KR4UT, Nov 12, 2012
    Haha Thank you all so much for sending me Cyclone parts!
    Awesome! Thanks Boomerkid and Vic Sark!!!
    That really wouldnt have been necessary. Thank you!

Castlepage please dont spend anything hunting the market for me,
    i have a good amount of bux saved and soon i can buy Sequoias myself.
    Gonna send some old Aeroeagles to Romeo.

Hardocre whats your GC? (Edit: nevermind hehe)

18. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Seems like another great game from them. Can't wait to play it.

19. CastlePage

Sep 28, 2012
    The market finally released the last cyclone part after I don't know how many hours. :mad:

The advertiser just popped up to ask if I want to renew Paris advertising. I was so tempted to say NO. He did such a lousy job !

20. KR4UT

KR4UT Member

Nov 7, 2012
    #8900 KR4UT, Nov 12, 2012
    Haha! Thanks a lot for your effort!!!

Edit: Thank you so much for that Cyclone!!! Wooohoo!