Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    I don;t mean to be rude by deleting half the post, but what plane are you using to do this route? A Cloudliner? And how many upgrades did it cost? I can almost hear the sound of my pilots yelling at me because they have to work overtime...

2. RoboBoto

RoboBoto Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
    Thanks

3. Hardocre

Hardocre Active Member

Oct 28, 2012
    I think the next event is gonna be something about the Vietnam war

4. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    I haven't earned 44k profit. I'm not sure whether I actually earned the 20k profit per trip yet LOL

I have never opened sydney at all. Err ... I'm a red city person, and I don't open class 1 or 2 airports unless it's demanded by the global event. I've closed Honolulu now.

Cloudliners are super expensive on short trips. :(

5. Chewbacca

Chewbacca Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Weirdness this morning...I've been playing on and off for 2 hours this morning and have yet to see 1 Paris job. I was getting them up until bedtime last night just fine (well, I agree with firing the advertiser). Anyone else having problems? :confused:

6. Hardocre

Hardocre Active Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Does anyone have 2 spare sea knight engines? I got 2 spare controls :)

7. boomerkidd

boomerkidd Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    the advertising is really dismal for this event. i can hardly fill up a sequoia-m with each refresh at London or Istanbul :mad: wonder if it's because of the new update.

8. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    same issue here buddy

9. Quetzo

Quetzo New Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Hahaha, I just laughed my ass off because of your comment. It's the same for me too.

I went to bed late because I couldn't stop, was late for university because I couldn't stop, it's really dangerous.

10. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    #8970 Bluebear88, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
    4 cyclones
    24 sequoias
    I'm not even playing for the prize, I just like the guessing game xD

Here's a funny pic if my stats just before this Paris event
    [​IMG]

Oh and I've been wondering if nimblebit's "plan"(as some of us suspect it was actually a conscious effort) to split up TAoriginal has only backfired. Ever since we created TA1, TouchArcade has owned the top spots. So splitting us up only reduced the number of available top ten spots, pushing one of the other usual top ten off the list.

Plus the split didn't really weaken TA0 at all. They could split several more times and create multiple top ten crews. Theoretically taking the majority of the top ten, although I wish good luck to anyone who thinks they could organize that split... Maybe nimblebit could, considering how well they managed creating TA1 ;)

11. boomerkidd

boomerkidd Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    :O i just had one helluva job refresh, finding one mystery part in London, Istanbul and Sao Paulo each! Was too excited to load them up and didn't take screenshots to commerate this momentous refresh :p

12. rebartsch

rebartsch Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    #8972 rebartsch, Nov 13, 2012
    So good morning all,
    So last night around 11:00 pm CST US I reached the top of the mountain passing NOKITANO for a brief moment and while the view was amazing and the air was pure and clear, I have grown tired of swipping 20 times in London to get down to the Paris jobs...So to all of you behind me...Say Hello when you pass me by.
    Now I am at 48,600 Bux and I am wondering what the heck I am saving them for...I believe it is time to add some plane slots. I am at 32 right now and was wondering how many Bux I need to trade in to get to 40 plane slots? Can anyone here help me out?
    Thanks in advance for all your help AND happy flying all!!!!

13. Empire_E

Empire_E New Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Thanks for your reply! :)
    Anyway, these are the airports I have so far: Montreal, Boston, Philadelphia, Detroit, St. Louis, Dallas, Kansas City and Denver. So basically, my planes are obviously flying in the North America region. Can someone help me "think of a strategy" - which airports should I close down and which one should I buy in place of the ones I've closed down? So far I've got 18,000 coins and 11 bux (really little, I know :( ) Can someone help out?

14. jh3210

jh3210 Member

Sep 22, 2012
    I don't know if anyone has brought this up before but I just had a great idea for the next update. For those of us going after Bux almost exclusively, it would be nice to have a button in the jobs screen like the passenger/cargo buttons to toggle between so we could just see the Bux jobs. I know this is a borderline crazy lazy idea, but it would make things so much easier when I'm looking through my fully upgraded class 3 cities for Bux jobs ;)

15. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    #8975 green_paper, Nov 13, 2012
    Here's how the 44k profit flight is achieved:

Collect 17 Nome to Tokyo jobs and transport them to Seoul, then load up the 17 jobs in Seoul with your Cloudliner and fly directly to Tokyo. Your plane must depart from Seoul and land in Tokyo to hit the 44k profit.

Edit: Your cloudliner must also be fully upgraded on weight, with no speed upgrades whatsoever.

16. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Thanks for the tip! I'll try this sometime for fun :)

Holy crap! I just looked at the highest profits page again and someone has a 193,794 coin profit on a single flight!! #2 is at 72,488, and then from 3 on its 49k, 49k, then into the lower 40s...

17. kr3500

kr3500 Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Yes, it should be kr3500 with no space. My bad, and I have corrected it.

I have 2 iPads and 2 versions of the game going. Right now kr3500 is the only one I'm playing seriously for this event. I think I'm in the teens on the leader board.

Thanks for catching this.

Ken

18. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the Cloudliner must have the maximum weight upgrade too to get the highest profit.

I think many of us suspect that #1 and 2 on the highest profits page aren't actually possible to achieve without hacking the game itself.

19. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Also make sure you have no BUX jobs and do not upgrade speed. Speed upgrades cancel weight upgrades profit wise

20. Taylorpunk17

Taylorpunk17 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Student
    I know this is not the parts page, but i will trade 1 sea knight controls and 1 sea knight engine for for 2 sea knight bodies. PM if interested