Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #11901 vicsark, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
    I do have more airports (these 6 ones plus LA/NY Paris/Lon).
    But in this 6 airports setup, yes I would also have Bux sitters in Cairo/Ist which would provide an healthy stream 3/4 Bux jobs.
    For the delivering fleet, you don't have to appoint each plane to one particular city. I guess 4 planes would be a minimum but it depends on you. If you want to make a lot of coins and play often or just check once in a while. You could have 15 delivery planes and it would still work.

Layovers also depends on your play style and need for coins.
    Typically, as you say, you would assign Rio/Sao layovers to one of the 2 central airports and Seoul/Shangai to the other (in a kind of a loop).
    I don't do coin layovers anymore but I did until lvl 40 sthg I guess.
    Doing it right requires a bit of planning, because it easily becomes a big mess lol. ;)

I'll post some quick tips about layovers after the lil' one's going to bed :)

2. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    #11902 lisianne, Jan 8, 2013
    Overwhelmed with the time it must have taken to think out & present all your ideas to share with others. Thanks so very much!

And thanks to you, too, Vic, for dealing with the issue of a plane's actual usefulness. Both your post & Andrew's are FAQs quality material, well thought out, clearly presented & beautifully formatted.

3. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    You're welcome Lisianne, Andrwsc deserves that praise ! :)
    i did my add on quickly though, but said the essential I guess.
    It looks like you're not much of a lurker anymore, are you now? ;)
    I've been a lurker too here, only begun to look at the thread around page 400, and coming out of the woods 100 pages after that lol.

About one of your precedent posts about the high level players kind of cannibalizing the thread with late stage strategies, it's true!
    Most of the early stage tips and strategies are now buried deep into the beginning of the thread. The early players leveled up along the life of the thread.
    we'll try to add a few beginner's tips along the way. Maybe some of the ppl who have started over or begun a new game could contribute as it's fresh in their memory! :D

4. Harmoniamundi

Harmoniamundi Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    Ok, so I'm feeling guilty about creating three more PP games in order to acquire the parts to build a Concorde, but only since so many of you are lacking the parts. I developed this strategy and would like to share the basic components of it, but I realize access to multiple devices is almost a requirement (not impossible to do one one or two, but really amazingly stupidly tedious and fraught with disaster if your synced game doesn't save, etc.). So I apologize in advance if this seems pointless to most of you who don't have the luxury of so many devices to fiddle around with, although I may potentially have a solution to that too, at least in part (that's where the guilt comes in.)

So after seeing that the event was in Paris for this last "part only" event, I realized it was very close to where you get started if you open up a new game in Europe...I think it gives you Germany/Belgium cities. That makes it easy to unlock the event city and begin the required 50 jobs deliveries, thus:

1. Create new GC ID. Consider not syncing the game through iCloud, I tried it, makes things a royal pain when you are managing multiple games. Make sure PP is installed, etc.

2. Start game near event city. If we are lucky, the city will be within reach of the class 1 planes you are given at the start of the game. The main problem with Paris was that it was a class 3 city....expensive for the beginning. That leads to...

3. Using your main game as benefactor, "friend" your new game on GC and gift your new ID a bunch of expensive parts, such as cloud liner, and sell them to earn enough money to shift your airports to the event city and surrounding cities. Upgrades, etc., are not important because you only need 50 jobs max, depending on requirements.

4. Join "TouchArcade1" on your new ID and start delivering up to the requirement to earn the prize. (You weren't seriously going to let all those hard-earned jobs go to waste...support the team!)

5. Once you earn the required number of jobs, return to step 1 on a different device for each extra part you wish to earn, and begin with a new ID you have created. I even used my wife's old 3GS for the last event.

6. After the event ends and prizes are awarded, gift parts back to your main game (easy because you already "friended" your main game in step 3 in order to receive parts to sell).

7. Trade or gift parts as need to build the full plane or help others.

It is this last step where I failed, largely, to help anyone but myself and one other player because I did not have enough parts.

If we ever have another "parts only" event for Concorde or c-130 BEFORE we have access to the full plane through an event with mystery boxes, etc., I vow to create at least a dozen new games to generate more parts to spread around. I am lucky enough to have access to huge amounts of iOS devices and macs, and I will not hesitate to employ them in this scenario, and i wonder how many of you would consider doing the same. I know some of you will cry foul, and I'm sure Nimblebit might not be overly excited about this "solution", but it is hard work nonetheless. I think I spent about 2-3 hours on each separate game in order to get up to 50 event jobs delivered to Paris. Guess I'll need a day off work too...

5. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    It's a very interesting game plan that sounds feasible. I would certainly try to help out this fashion if I had access to multiple IOS devices. I think this is the limiting factor for most people.

6. Ninjaboy292

Ninjaboy292 Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Achievement: Make a 20000 profit in a single flight

If anyone still wants to know how to make a 20000 profit in a single flight you need a cloudliner p, c or m.

1) Upgrade your plane to level 3
    2) Get the most distance from something like Somewhere to Japan.
    3) Go around the world ONLY collecting passengers to Japan/cargo till they wre all full, it's better to find people further away.
    4) Fly to Japan

7. tfrichards92

tfrichards92 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    just curious on the last sentence. I still have my old 3gs ... do i wipe it clean or just switch the GC ID? i don't sync with iCloud anyway.

just curious.

8. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    Sorry, I haven't carefully read all the posts in the past bazillion pages, just skipping around haphazardly ... hmm, kinda like the way my planes fly across the globe. :p
    I've been uninspired with the Port Elizabeth event, which is really odd because it is exactly the kind of event I love, a nice little class 1 city off the beaten path.

I have a Chicago/NY pairing for Bux collection. That said, I still keep LA, unpaired, for higher value Bux. When it is full, the LABUX plane drops off its load in Chicago or NY, then hurries back to LA. (If a FLOATER happens to be in LA at the time, then I keep the FLOATER in LA to pick up Bux until the Bux plane returns)
    I keep Chicago open because it has come in handy getting my Cyclones across the Atlantic when New York is closed. Similarly with Cairo, when Istanbul is closed (I have an Istanbul/Cairo Bux pairing).

All my Bux planes are green, EXCEPT for LA, Seoul and Shanghai. LA is pink. Seoul/Shanghai are purple. Makes it easy for me to find the end point Bux planes and check those first (since these cities will provide the higher Bux jobs).

I think someone else here pools their Bux jobs in London or Paris. I pool my Bux jobs in Istanbul where they get sorted and put on a FLOATER plane with 25% bonus. It is not an efficient method. I'm thinking of trying out the Bux train method. I was a late bloomer ... I think was in the level 40s when I started Bux collection.

I tried a Cloudliner M for LA-Tokyo runs. It would take FOREVER to fill up and would fly across the globe once a day, maybe twice if I'm lucky. If I do Cloudliners again, I'd opt for a P/C pairing.

9. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    I'd park the Cloudliner in Seoul.
    Use other planes to pick up Tokyo jobs from far away cities (Nome?) and drop them off in Seoul.
    Cloudliner picks up those jobs in Seoul and drops them off in Tokyo. ???

10. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    Kiasu ... it's like an always want to win attitude, cannot lose type.

Hey, that describes a lot of people in here! :eek: :D

11. Harmoniamundi

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    Fist make sure your iOS version supports pp. I think mine was 5.0. I think earlier than 4.2.1 not supported?

I think you can just switch ID and turn off syncing.

12. seattleheli

seattleheli Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012

Thanks for the feedback! When you mention to upgrade planes in step 5, would you upgrade everything? Speed, range, and weight? Or just range?

I also must have missed the part where Cairo is part of your strategy! Looks like I have three airports to buy once I've got enough slots.

Thanks Vic.

13. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    Hey no pb.
    I don't mean it as a follow exactly plan, it's more like guidelines ;) please do sthg fun for you, it's not supposed to be a chore! :D

I would upgrade range on sequoias, you'd need
    it I think if you add Rio/SP to the mix (maybe not to the max, need check with rusty's tool).
    I would have said fully upgrade weight before, now I'm not that definitive. Bux could be more valuable exchanged than used to get 15% less cost on a plane. Maybe only on planes you're sure you'll keep around for a long time.
    Don't upgrade speed on Sequoias, if you really need faster planes, you'll have enough Bux to switch to Cyclones.
    Class 1 planes can be range and speed upgraded for events due to low cost though.

And yes, I added Cairo for a few reasons:
    it pairs with Istanbul and is almost at the same distance to the US and Asian airports
    Evthg's not stopped if Istanbul is closed!
    It's a slightly better flight plan for Rio/Sao to Seoul/Shangai (best being Kinsaha/Mumbai but it's one more airport, 2 more if you add Lagos, so dispensable imho)

14. PocketDaddy45

PocketDaddy45 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Minnesota
    Question about bux strategy. If you take on a bux job does it attract other bux jobs just like location jobs? Thanks

15. ltbaxter

ltbaxter Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Software Developer
    Midwest, USA
    You need to sign in with the new GC ID on that device, launch Pocket Planes and ignore the warning message. Go to settings and "Reset Awards". Now your PP game is fully switched to the new GC ID.

16. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    Dude, you shouldn't feel guilty lol

A great part of the fun is to have to earn the part, do trades, and participate in different global events.

I'm not sure handing over parts systematically is a real gift.
    I do it sometimes to help a bit if I can, but I wouldn't setup 10 games for that lol.
    Everybody will have its Concorde or C130 in the next few weeks (months?) with the next full plane events.

The good advice you give is for anyone having access to a second device:
    setup a low lvl game with another GC, play it a bit to have enough coins and a few Bux so you may open airports for events. Help yourself with a few planes from your main account.
    So you'll be ready for the next very rare plane event, full or part if needed.
    ;)

17. Harmoniamundi

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    I would simply delete PP if its already on the device and sign out of your old ID. Then sign in with new and reinstall game. Start fresh and avoid any chance the old data messes you up.

18. Harmoniamundi

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    #11918 Harmoniamundi, Jan 8, 2013
    Who said I was giving them away? Lol...I think the going rate is your left arm for a Concorde right now. I would be drowning in rare plane parts and whatever I wanted if I had more Concorde parts. It's not just altruism, I guess I am just responding to market needs and a profit potential!

And yes, think it might be wise for anyone for a second device to start another game right now...good idea! That would produce far more available parts than anything...

And I think the fun is in being able to build the planes before the full planes are available as prizes...sure, we'll all have them when those events happen, but people sure seem to think its fun to get them right now when they are super rare!

19. tfrichards92

tfrichards92 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    i'd be starting from scratch as i don't have pp on that device at all... i wonder if i'd have the patience to try to start from scratch again to see if i can do things smarter... ...

like start in SA and work east/northeast across africa to get very long routes faster.

20. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    If you want the ultimate challenge, start in Australia. :p