Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    "Damn Plans, we lost the rest of Sark Vicder's fleet!"

Ok less private jokey:
    "Flight time to LagHoth is expected to be 19 minutes"

2. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Imperial cruiser/star destroyer (playing darth vader theme)

Note: If you change the pilot costume to archaelogy, you will have Han Solo hijacking the imperial cruiser. If you dress the pilot in monster suit, then it will be Chewbacca flying the plane. :p

3. SuperPenguin17

SuperPenguin17 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2013
    "It's a trap!"

4. PondusFM

PondusFM Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    "19 minutes to Comic Con"

5. spineth

spineth Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    I am at level 35 and just a couple days ago switched from a coin strategy to a Bux Train. I opened up some South America and Africa cities to get a grand circle, and diverted 7 sequoias to make the circle.

Now I'm bored as hell! I have the same problem--each refresh gives me 0-1 bux, only now and then 2 or 3. It takes me most of the refresh to get to all my green planes, and then I don't have time to fling any other planes. Because suddenly there's a refresh and I have to check all the green planes again. I spend a lot more time scrolling through airports, looking for a bux or two, than I do actually flying planes. I was making about 1.5 mil coins a day, now I've gotten about 1000 bux in 2 days. It seems like I have a lot less planes in the air, but then, I'm checking in less because it's boring scrolling through all those bux airports.

6. Andsomeskittles

Dec 30, 2012
    I'm playing the Lima event and just saw a fellow TA1 player for the first time. Woohoo! Hi lizb!

GC: benzilla666

7. tfrichards92

tfrichards92 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    i remember that feeling.. it gets better when it's almost all populated too

8. matma92ser

matma92ser Active Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Bux Strategy

Inspired by Merlion, I haven't closed any event cities for the last 10 events or so. I don't really have a need for bux nor coin, but I still enjoy the challenge of filling an entire plane with bux jobs and/or getting that 25% bonus. And I still enjoy completing events and achievements. Having more cities (and more class 1 and 2 cities) gives me more variety in figuring out flights, and more variety in the types of planes I fly. The variety is what helps me stay interested in PP.

One thing I noticed is that there seem to be a lot more bux jobs going to the class 1 cities than any other cities. Typically I find the bux job in a class 3 city, going to a class 1 city. Hobart, Geraldton, Iqualit, Jerusalem, Bariloche... these all get tons of bux jobs going there. Jakarta is maxed out on bux layovers going to Australian cities, and they're usually 6-8 bux each due to their location at the edge of the map.

Was wondering if anyone else is playing with a high number of cities, and how you like it? I'm only at 35 of 71 cities, and plan on going higher as I open and keep more global event cities.

GC: matma92ser

9. matma92ser

matma92ser Active Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Why do they need so many of us to look for a couple of stupid droids?

10. SuperPenguin17

SuperPenguin17 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Why do people care about the 25% bonus if a plane is loaded entirely with bux jobs?

It doesn't give a bux bonus, does it?

11. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    #12031 Andrwsc, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    It doesn't give a bux bonus but it does give a coin bonus. Let's say that a specific job from A to B will generate 992 coins or 5 bux. If you deliver that 5 bux job with the 25% bonus, you'll get 248 coins in addition to the bux. The bonus is always paid in coins, calculated based on the exact fare for the job.

12. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    Nice one ;)

13. Harmoniamundi

Harmoniamundi Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    LOLOL. Amazing.

14. Harmoniamundi

Harmoniamundi Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Teacher/Musician
    Ohio
    Now that Lucas has basically sold out Star Wars, can we get some TIE fighters?

15. Flying Duck

Flying Duck Active Member

Oct 25, 2012
    I've noticed that, but didn't mention it here as most of the higher level players seem to operate class 3 only. I've got 30 airports open and find that my class 1 cities get the most Bux jobs - and it's easy to get the 25% cash bonus when delivering with the class 1 planes from the nearest layover airport.

16. lewishenson

lewishenson Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Bob quickly realised his costume idea wasn't that originalÂ…

17. no_kitano

no_kitano Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    LOL LOL LOL
    Great !!!

18. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Skull duggary takes on new meaning

19. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    Excellent!

20. BumActor

BumActor Member

Jan 5, 2013
    Ok guys seriously. TSA is way more evil then the emporer.