Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    *sigh*

Quoting my own post. Apparently my strategy isn't working so well. It's taking FOR-EV-ER for both planes (Tokyo 1 & Tokyo 2) to get loaded up with the same 25% bonus! My planes have been sitting around for HOURS! I've only had, I think...3 double-flights so far. I even took a walk to Walgreens to buy some mousse & hair gel for my new mohawk. Came back and...nothin!

Ugh. I'll be playin' The Blockheads if ya need me.

...and stalking this thread, of course...

>=D

2. Squint17

Squint17 Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Toronto
    Aly,

I think a quicker strategy would be to leave you bux planes at the end points like you have, but don't just go for one city at a time. If you have 5 cities then I would think it will take 4 times as long to fill a bux plane for the first city that comes up than if you take all bux jobs.

I would lay up my bux jobs in NY and Tehran if I was you. This way you can stack up the layovers to 60 on each end, and if that's not enough you can use Paris also. When you have enough jobs to fill a plane, do it and send it to its destination. You will still get the 25% bonus on every bux job except for the terminals to closest layover city ones.

3. SuperPenguin17

SuperPenguin17 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Negotiated a trade.. Two Cloudliner for a concorde engine. I held up my end of the trade and then the other person mysteriously forgot he didn't have the part.. Claiming he would find one and get it to me..

What are the odds that happens?

4. Fullquiver13

Fullquiver13 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Avionics engineer
    Michigan, USA
    Looking for Cyclone-M controls (2) and Cyclone-M body (1)

I have a full KK set and other parts. Let me know what you are looking for (sorry concorde part already gone) and we can work out a trade.

GC Supermomof13

Thanks!

5. Fullquiver13

Dec 9, 2012
    Avionics engineer
    Michigan, USA
    Sick people in the House - Faye Valentine

Know how you feel. We are overrun with Flu here too. I have a light case, wife medium case, and 8 of the 11 children have fevers, throwing up, coughing, etc. Loads of fun here as I'm sure it is at your house too.

Missed work half of yesterday and all today, and jut trying to hold the line keeping babies changed, pull-ups changed, and kid fed or cleaned up after....
    help!

You are definitely in my prayers!

6. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    I don't have any bux planes. did you see my pic a few pages back? It's a picture of like 8 gold Sequoias called "COINS" or "COIN." At everyone's advice, I'm not focusing on bux strategy, but coin "strategy."

The reason I was send all my plane-pairs to LA is because there is/was an event going on there. But now that it's over, uh, I'm not sure what to do. And I don't understand what advice you're giving me....:confused:

7. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    Wow, that sucks!!:mad: I would totally out the person. I don't think he is being truthful. Is the person you were supposed to trade with a name you see frequently in this thread? If so, I GUESS it could be legit. Maybe. :rolleyes: But if it's a lurker, I call BS!!! Oust him! He needs to be embarrassed and suffer the consequences!!!! If I had made a mistake like that, I would offer the person another part! Or SWEAR that I would get the part and give it to them!

I'm wondering...does this thread have a moderator?

8. SuperPenguin17

Jan 6, 2013
    Do not trade with "British American" he won't trade what he claims he will.

9. Fullquiver13

Dec 9, 2012
    Avionics engineer
    Michigan, USA
    Funny? NOT Funny, British American.

Unless you restart and lose everything I guarantee that GC is marked with me for never trade or gift nor give the time of day.

Hoping the forum feels the same.:mad:

10. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Sorry to hear you got ripped off, seems like every game has its trolls /scammers. I'd say open a ticket with nimble and just see if they can help, I'm guessing they can view trades and see that you weren't given a part in return.

11. green_paper

green_paper Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Vancouver
    Wow... British American even sent me a PM asking if I had any Concorde parts for trade. Kind of like a cold call!

12. alyssacroacia

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    Thanks for the tip!!! He is now on my PP BLACKLIST :mad::mad::mad:

Huh?:confused:

13. echastain1977

echastain1977 Member

Jan 10, 2013
    ATL
    :( Sorry you got cheated. He should give your part back if he can't hold up his end of the deal. Everyone here should blacklist his GC.

14. SuperPenguin17

Jan 6, 2013
    I asked that.. My answer was "my iPad is downstairs and I don't feel like getting it"

15. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    What a piece of ****

Always trade with people you recognize or most senior members. That's usually the safe bet, even if the deal isn't as good!

16. Merlion

Merlion Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2012
    #12097 Merlion, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    Thanks for the warning but too late for me. Got scammed by him too :(

Note that he trades under two GCs: Eyes2Big2000 and OllieSkidoo.

17. zekeamf

zekeamf Active Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I have noticed something about the minor events. Today there was one in LA that had 10 hours to go and there was one in Osaka that had 22 hours to go. But when the LA one ended so did the Osaka one it never did run the full 24 hours, this isn't the first time I have noticed an event run short.
    Anyone else experience this? I have some layovers that won't count now.

18. SuperPenguin17

Jan 6, 2013
    I noticed that too. The event a few days ago in Rio had like 18 hours left and I went to bed an got up 7-8 hours later and it was gone.

19. echastain1977

echastain1977 Member

Jan 10, 2013
    ATL
    I have not noticed that, but I will keep an eye on that.