Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA

Thanks a lot for the tips!!!

PEOPLE! DO NOT TRADE WITH ANYONE USING THESE GC ACCOUNT NAMES!! YOU WILL BE SCAMMED!

PUT THEM ON YOUR 'BLACKLIST!'

2. Standardization

Standardization Active Member

Aug 30, 2012
    United States
    I've noticed that. Right now, I also have around 50 LA-bound Football Finals event layovers in NY that won't register now.
    It's really annoying since I misjudge how much remaining time in the event there actually is.

3. Jmacjmac

Jmacjmac Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    He will probably just come up with a third and then a fourth GC account, take a few more people and keep going. Nothing we can really do about people who don't play with the spirit and honesty we do accept warn others. I for one have never been taken by the people I've traded with or gifted to/from.

4. Andrwsc

Andrwsc Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    That's been a bug for a long time now. It appears as though some events last for 24 hours, and some last for 12, but in reality every one lasts for 12 hours.

Events refresh every 12 hours, at 00:00 UTC and 12:00 UTC. Make sure your jobs are delivered before those deadlines!

5. Texas

Texas Active Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Would love it if anyone could send me anything to help me along my pocket planes adventure! Thanks!
    GC: KingJosephKimbro

6. Texas

Texas Active Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Agreed!

7. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Yeah your prob right, he agreed to send me a c-130 for a cloudliner I did send it so far that I'm aware he's got 3 cloudliners between me and super penguin. He told me he was at school and would send once he was home...

8. Glippy

Glippy Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Only solution to this kind of scam is to only trade with the people that are actively involved with the forum and the TA1 crew. Because he is probably not the only scammer around here.

9. Merlion

Merlion Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2012
    I just got a message from him saying his "C-130 parts weren't sending" so he would now return the parts I sent him (various rare planes). Funny how he's trying to keep up appearances. Most scammers just go incommunicado and crawl back under their stones...

10. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Iv just pm'd him saying send me my cloud liner back and ill forget about it - fair right?

11. mr ed209

mr ed209 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Of course. Good luck with that, though!

Peoples, it's just a little part in a game. You'll find more. Live and learn. Stop talking about him, he probably loves it.

12. Merlion

Merlion Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2012
    You're absolutely right. Thing is, I had seen a post from him somewhere on the forum so thought little of it. And frankly, I care more about being free to interact with the great folks around here without having to worry about bad apples, than I care about a few little plane parts.

Actually it's not the parts that bother me. It's the fact someone apparently needs to behave like a pathetic little thief who needlessly tries to screw people in what is and should be a nice game, a fun way to interact with like minded people, and nothing else. Pitiful.

Sorry for the rant. It's the last thing I'll say about the subject :)

Cheers,
    M.

13. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #12113 vicsark, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    My 2 cents about the bad trades:

Tbh, it's very rare. I've traded with over a hundred ppl here and have not been "scammed" once. Pretty good bunch of guys and gals here on TouchArcade forums.
    Once in a while, the part's sent one or two days behind, or there's been an honest mistake that ends up in a return/apology.
    Don't forget there are many very casual players who log in every other day or don't have 24/7 Internet access. Not to mention the different time zones.

But just like in real life you got to be aware and get a look at a profile and last posts before trading, even more so if the deal's too good to be true.
    This guy was saying a few days ago he had a lot of C130 parts to trade, which is pretty much impossible. I even posted about that in the trade thread. That was enough for me to ignore all his posts.
    Also, if he's trolling, he'll be back with new alias for the same kind of deals, beware of brand new accounts offering great deals.

14. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Check out the resource page in the link in my signature. There are a bunch of great strategies and useful tips. That should help you a lot in your game.

15. PondusFM

PondusFM Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012

A scam is a scam, gamebased or not. I dont think its okay to take advantage of others, and then justify it because its a game. There are real people playing this, and belive it or not, but people react different when they get ripped off... Just because you may not care, others might do and need to voice their frustration, and I think thats fair enough.

16. codhimself

codhimself Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Holland, MI
    Hey folks,

First time poster here after lurking for a while. Love the forum and the enthusiasm here for this great game. I've become a Pocket Planes addict very quickly. I started playing sometime during the daily holiday giveaways, and am now level 30 with a fleet of 25 Sequoias and Aeroeagles.

I'd like to share more about my routes and overall strategies later, but first I have a question.

I'm currently on the TA crew and am considering making the switch to TA1. I don't want to switch until after the Lima event because I'm currently #1 on the TA leaderboard for the event. I know it's not a great reward, but I'm practicing....

Anyway, my question is: does switching crews erase my progress for all the smaller recurring events? Or does it only wipe the slate for the current global competition?

I'm on GC as user codhimself (same as forum name).

Thanks for your help!

17. Squint17

Squint17 Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Toronto

I can confirm that the smaller event progress you have will probably not be lost. I switched from TA to TA1 a couple of weeks ago and still have event progress from a long time ago.

18. boomerkidd

boomerkidd Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Welcome :)

Switching crews does not affect the individual events, but it will reset your global event job count. Also, make sure you've received the prize from the Lima event before switching crews to TA1.

And well done for getting to level 30 in just a couple of weeks! I've been stagnant at level 43 for reallyyyyyy long now ;)

19. echastain1977

echastain1977 Member

Jan 10, 2013
    ATL
    Hey everyone.

Been playing on Droid for a while and decided to start a new GC game on my iPad. I am doing the quick start in Asia. If anyone can spare some planes I would be eternally grateful.

My new GC is JECEJC.

If you will please add me to the TA1 spreadsheet.

Thanks!

20. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    After reading a few angry posts about the scam, I was happy to come upon your more moderate, temperate approach. I don't recall reading messages here about such an event before & there can be legitimate reasons a trade can't be completed in a reasonable time frame, as you note. I've tried to gift people on PF only to find the GC or my Internet having a brain cramp. Further, the time frame one person anticipates for the trade may be different than the other trader's - individual impatience plays a role here.

As you said, it'd be a shame to scare away the casual player whose only crime was a lack of time, Internet connection, or intense dedication to the game. Further, to the extent that one can, I absolutely agree with you that checking a user's profile and/or weighing the "too good to be true" aspect of any offer should enter into one's decision making process. The "Shoot first..." approach can sometimes backfire.

I'm not saying that people here weren't justified in being upset over being scammed as it turned out, heck, I would be upset! Who wouldn't be? It wouldn't be the lost plane or plane part, in my case, it'd be the lost trust which is the very foundation of this forum.

My 2 cents about your 2 cents, Vic. That makes 4 cents. What plane part can we buy for that? A bolt for a Bearclaw?