Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #12481 vicsark, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
    thks for sharing that info mate :)

It depends on your setup, your need for coins, and your playstyle.

The additional 2 P/C slots don't change much.

The range is almost the same, a bit longer for Cyclones. The only difference I have is that range upgrade Cyclones can do NY<>Istanbul or Cairo in one hop where the Sequoia need to transit through Paris/London first. Useful but not essential.

The speed is the big difference.
    So it's more of a matter of how you play.
    And as faster means less profit, it depends if you still need coins or are already chasing Bux.
    Faster meaning less coins per trip, but more trips if you're playing for long sessions of an hour or check very often your game. Cyclones will be better.
    If you check a few times a day and play 5/10 minutes Sequoias make more per trip and will net you more coins.
    Faster also means it costs less Bux to boost the plane to its destination, sometimes useful.
    And if you're trying to get a lot of jobs for global events, speed matters.

Also Cyclones are very expensive planes to buy and upgrade, almost twice the price of Sequoias, so you need a lot of Bux for an upgraded fleet of Cyclones.
    A fully upgraded Cyclone will cost you 572 Bux vs 312 for a Sequoia.

And as Andrwsc said, keep the Sequoias in the hangar, they can be useful when you'll expand your plane slots.

I did change all my Sequoias M for Cyclones M around lvl 40/45. And only recently did I upgrade their speed as I don't care about coins at all

At your level, I would use my Bux in a big coin trade to expand my plane slots to 30, and add Cyclones in the new spots progressively, rather than spending the Bux to buy 20 Cyclones.

2. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    #12482 vicsark, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
    On a slightly unrelated subject (PP had an ad screen of it :D ) :

I don't know if you already downloaded the BlockHeads, but it's really worth a try.
    It's a 2.5D Minecraft/Sims world simulation by an indie dev.
    Not the things I usually play, but it's great :)

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=173693

3. SuperPenguin17

SuperPenguin17 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2013
    Hey Vic trade me a few cyclone m. You obviously have the resources to spare a few. I'll give you 8 seq M for 4 cyclo M

4. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA
    WHY is it that once I have a single Sequoia part, the market decides not to stock the rest of the parts?! :confused:

5. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA

Have you seen my earlier posts? I have been playing THE BLOCKHEADS!!! In fact, it is now my favorite iOS game instead of PP!! :eek: I LOVE it :p

6. tfrichards92

tfrichards92 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tell me about it. I had the same problem with seq-m but am better on that one now.

Attached Files:

7. Relharn

Relharn Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Yes, PP hasn't been getting much love from me in the last week. Too much to do with my Blockheads. :)

8. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    So is Block heads a minecraft clone/ripoff or is it pretty different? Of course its not on the android! grrr

9. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Are you still looking for Sequoia-M? I'll toss one your way, or a Cyclone-M if that is your preference.

I'm convinced my Market is withholding Seq-M Bodies and Cyc-M Bodies.

I installed it after seeing the ad popup in PP. I know it is supposed to be intuitive, but I am haing a tough time. My poor Blockhead is badly injured and I have no idea how to make her better. And I have an inventory storage issue which feels more like a chicken/egg problem. :( thought it was funny when I accidentally set the forest on fire. Oops.
    Tried reading thru the Blockhead thread on this forum and didn't gain much insight after reading 2 dozen pages.

10. badkidbrad

badkidbrad New Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Hello, I need a concord engine and I have a Kringle Kruiser body and engine in trade for it. GC name: Badkidbrad.

11. boomerkidd

boomerkidd Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    to increase their health, i believe you have to just feed them! and to solve the inventory storage issue, you can build chests to store unnecessary items that you don't require to bring along on your journeys away from the home base, like the building ingredients of flint, dirt etc.

maybe it was the wrong idea for Nimblebit to advertise Blockheads on PP ;)

12. Relharn

Nov 1, 2012
    Yup, feeding them not only fills the hunger bar but also heals them. My blockheads have been eating A LOT of oranges.

Also, make sure you craft enough baskets to have one in every inventory slot. It increases your carrying capacity significantly.

13. Relharn

Nov 1, 2012
    It's pretty much a 2D Minecraft/Terraria clone. Very addictive for a Minecraft fan like me.

14. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    I've been busy running in and out of the office and talking to ppl the whole day. Just want to add a small comment here:
    Rmb we said that we can bux boost an empty plane for 1 bux regardless of distance? Well, today I sent an empty sequoia from Moscow to LA, and the bux boost was 2bux, not 1bux. So I think there's a distance limit somewhere.

No time to look at blockheads. :(

15. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    #12495 vicsark, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    Lol looks like it ;)
    Dear NB folks, get that next update out before your airline moguls become mine diggers and donkey riders lol

@Faye : they work faster when not hungry or not tired or not injured or in a good environment. So feed them, make them sleep (bed is better, wood bench needed, make a shelter with a roof for them and a campfire...)

If anyone wants to try the multiplayer, I'm pretty curious, PM me ;)

Ok, off topic, I guess we should have a TA1 invasion of the BH thread to talk about it lol

And I played Bh on the iPad queing tasks for the little guy, while sending a few planes on my iPhone!

Speed also decreases the price of the Bux boost. I'll try with a cyclone or a Concorde.
    And the number of cargo increases the price.

16. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    The only thing that frustrates me about BH is that you can't queue up a million tasks and close the app like you can PP. Other than that, it's quite entertaining for some reason xD I don't even play PP now except for the rare plane events.

Let me know if multiplayer is worth while. I'm not the best team player with games like BH though.

17. Slightlynorth

Slightlynorth Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    I tried Blockheads, but as a player of Minecraft, it is frustrating in how limited it is.

18. Andsomeskittles

Dec 30, 2012
    I think it's a time thing rather than distance. I think an empty plane up to an hour flying time is 1 bux. If you do the same thing with a cyclone you'll probably find it costs 1 bux coz it only takes about 47 mins

19. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    I saw the video of BH, don't quite understand what the guy is doing digging the ground and trimming the tree :p (The pic is a bit small so I can't see clearly what he's doing.)

Anyway, this is a busy period for me, so I have no time to learn a new game. I'm waiting for your all to write a guide for newbies though :D:):D

20. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    I kind of thought so, never tried Minecraft, but in a sense BH may be more suited for touch devices I guess. And the controls are very good.
    Do you play Minecraft on PC, Xbox or iOS?
    I carefully stayed out of it, because I know that would not be a good idea timewise for me lol :D
    The exploration in BH reminds me of Civ1/Civ3 huge maps when you began a game with one settler and sent a scout discovering.
    The map is insanely huge in BH. I sent a dude around the globe, and two days later, I'm still not back home! And the caves can be enormous and deep.:eek: