Universal Pocket RPG - (by Tasty Poison / Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Flood

Flood Active Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Ok, unfortunately so far it's been asked a couple of times if this game will be available for iPhone, and so far no answer. The developers have mentioned in twitter various times that it will be available for the iPhone. However, I would like to know whether it will be available as a SEPARATE app or as an UPDATE of the iPad app. That way, I'll know whether I can buy it at a discount now and wait for the update, or instead wait for the release of the separate app. In short, I don't want to be burned now for purchasing an app that will never work with my iPhone.

Will the developers pretty please answer these questions already?

-Flood

2. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I've answered this question about 50 times on twitter yesterday. :p
    Its going to be a seperate iPhone app coming about a month later and it will be cheaper than the iPad version.

3. MyNameIsLarry

MyNameIsLarry New Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Not a huge deal but are Game Center achievements not unlocking for anyone else?

4. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I am playing the mage too but I find what you say somewhat normal with mages! And the spells can be really cool actually. Be sure to upgrade!

5. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Found a pretty annoying bug...On the 4th quest (playing as Ranger, the quest with the giant Indiana Jones boulder chase), I've had the game crash 3 times now. When I come back, it appears as though it may have saved some information, but I can't tell what. I tried to go ahead and finish the quest every time it crashed, but it kept on doing so at SOME point in the quest.

6. Loganaustin

Loganaustin Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
  7. Loganaustin

Loganaustin Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    A month :/ dang. was hoping to play this today. I guess more waiting for me.

8. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    Ok, whats the point of secret wall if you can seen there is a way behind it? shouldnt you destroy secret wall first then way will appear?

9. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Did anyone else see the crazy achievement about taking no damage for an entire play through? :eek:

10. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    #90 Leegames, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
    Good to hear. Not playing anymore after loosing my blade master to a lvl 0 ranger. If I chose BM it asks if I want to overwrite it.

To me it seems betatesters think "free game" instead of actually testing.

11. espenraawr

espenraawr Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Uuuugh, was so excited for this one until I learned it was for iPad only.. Oh well. :/

12. djpookie2000

djpookie2000 Member

Jul 14, 2011
    When I continue my game, I start at level 0 again and don't see any of my loot. Is this a glitch, or a design decision. I am playing as the mage.

13. bamloki

bamloki Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Paramedic
    Graz, Austria
    just defeated the red dragon with my archer. great game!
    coop-multiplayer in an upcoming update would be awesome!

14. Mr. Mingo

Mr. Mingo Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Happened to me too. Playing as the dark ranger.

15. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    I was really looking forward to buying this but now I am unsure after reading all the problems.

I can accept that you can only use one character but what bugs me is the thought of the game resetting my character each level. How are you supposed to keep hold of the elite items which you find if you lose them at a later stage..

16. Cause007

Cause007 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Name Fail

:confused: Why is it called 'Pocket' RPG if it is iPad only:confused: Unless you've got your MC Hammer pants on, I don't think your iPad will fit in your pocket. Fail.

17. Bdzer

Bdzer Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    #97 Bdzer, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
    This is what I wish for too.

All I have been hearing from iPod/Phone only users is complaining even though it's STILL coming to the iPhone, seriously? The iPhone gets such great games that haven't even come to the iPad, I have no clue why you guys are complaining when they specifically said it is coming out.

18. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    it will be on the iPhone too. Big pockets FTW

19. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Lol!

This game is pretty dope. I'm enjoying the Mage character a ton.

It has a charming visual aesthetic - I enjoy the spell effects and lighting...the character is cute and the creatures split and dissolve n death.

Overall, it's a really polished and playable title. Recommended if you have large pockets to tote the iPad in.

Side note about pockets:

(I have an incase Mac bag, one day I'll get a sweet man purse to lug it in. The ion carbon cover looks bad a$$ on my black iPad 2 - recommended)

20. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Originally Posted by djpookie2000
    When I continue my game, I start at level 0 again and don't see any of my loot. Is this a glitch, or a design decision. I am playing as the mage.

Are you guys starting a new quest? You begin a new quest at low level and no equipment. However, you keep your skill unlocks, and can find new types of gear based on what you purchased between quests. This is all explained after clearing quest 1.