Pocket Trains - (by NimbleBit)[Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    My first impression is that it looks and plays better on my iPhone than my iPad.

2. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    Which model iPhone and iPad do you have?

3. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Both current models, iPad 4 and iPhone 5.

4. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    boring if you are playing too long plus can we buy the crates on coins not on true money?!

5. rebartsch

rebartsch Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Really enjoying it so far!
    Will have questions and comments soon!
    Just wanted to say Thank You again for letting me be part of the Beta!
    Cheers and have a great day all!

6. Menno1555

Menno1555 Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Can I please please please be on the beta too Nimblebit?
    I love all yoor games. I played all of the games way longer than any other game in the genre, and i have loved trains since i was 3 years old.

7. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    PM me your email address.

8. Yeah, we need a store system akin to pocket planes in this game

9. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    On my iPhone 5 I had a problem clicking on the destination stations during the tutorial. I don't see the issue outside the tutorial. I like how the game sort of integrates with your life. I'm a pretty busy person with work and young kids so I rarely have time for long gaming sessions anymore. However I don't really care for shallow Angry whatever's or 'whatever' run. This game looks like it could provide a happy medium between the two. Saying that since it's slated to be a freemium game I probably wouldn't play it.

10. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Is there still time to apply to test?

11. Another thing this game needs is the option to colour trains and to give them names

12. Game.PN

Apr 18, 2013
    Earth,Milky Way
    Can you add more jobs and trains

13. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    You can name the trains whatever you want by tapping their name on the train menu. This probably should be more obvious.

14. Well, whenever I try tapping the train name at the top thing, nothing happens, and on the railroad screen, whenever I tap on them, I get taken to that train

So yeah...might be a bug there

15. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    When you are in a station there is a button that says "train". If you tap on the name on the screen that follows you should be able to re-name it.

16. Yeah, I see it now. Thanks

17. DeadGuy427

DeadGuy427 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    US Army Infantry
    Lacey, WA
    So I downloaded the beta earlier today, and am only level 5...but I'm already a big fan! I would love to see some of the customization options that we had in pocket planes, changing the color of the train or putting a costume on the conductor...I would love to see a Trooper driving the train! So far the pacing is great, lots of crates and bux to be made without needing to buy any...I'm really enjoying it!

18. acerlyte

acerlyte Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Sounding positive so far, would love to hear some more impressions from folks in Beta!

19. Robot:String

Robot:String Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Game & Web Designer
    Madrid, Spain
    #79 Robot:String, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
    The game is really great! (And to me, the best in visual terms so far).

It's more complex than Pocket Planes. You have more things to take care of. And you can't send trains down any route, you need to claim routes, which I find a great idea. :)

The only thing that surprised me a bit was the fuel timers. Maybe adding fuel cars will help, so I need to do it soon. Haven't seen a timer that made me stop playing since Tiny Tower, so I totally forgot how those felt. :p

For some reason (maybe because Pocket Planes didn't have this kind of timers), it feels totally different to that game.

In PP you only had to wait for jobs (if you wanted to fill the plane with people going to the same destination), but as you coud fly to any airport, you could get a bunch of passengers and play a bit with layovers.

In this game it feels more limited. The layovers are more limited (though you can expand station capacity), you still have to wait for jobs (it's not clear how offen you get new ones), and you have to wait for fuel, if you ran out of it.

But, as always, this game is pretty generous. As with the rest of Nimblebit's games, you can play without paying a penny.

I have no problem whatsoever with the crate system. If you want more, just get jobs to deliver them. As said, this game is deeper than PP, so, to coin and bux jobs and mission/event jobs you have to add crate jobs. A nice addition that may be difficult at the beggining, but will keep the game interesting as you progress.

I have an iPhone 5 and so far have found no noticeable bugs. It runs smoothly. :D

Will keep reporting as I get more time with it. ;)

20. Game.PN

Apr 18, 2013
    Earth,Milky Way
    How to have passengers anyway?