Pokemon Black/White Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Watabou, Mar 7, 2011.

?

What starter did you choose?

1. Snivy

41.7%
  2. Oshawott

37.5%
  3. Tepig

20.8%
  1. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    #301 Watabou, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
    Well basically the first priority is collecting those dream points because once you get to a certain number of points, you get more pokemon as new areas are unlocked.

When you enter the dream island, play the minigames and get your pokemon. If you didn't get what you want, skip the wishing tree and instead select return home. I think you can repeat this about 4-6 times. After you befriend a pokemon you want, be sure to wish for it or else you will lose it on the next visit. Also you get 50 points for transferring a pokemon to Entralink.

So the important thing to remember is to go back to the dream island if you didn't befriend a good pokemon.

2. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Ahh... But is there any way to wish for more than 1 pokemon each day?
    I've seen pictures of other people having around 20 pokemon on their field

3. Mudkipz223

Mudkipz223 Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Atlantis
    There isn't a way to wish for more pokemon, and the reason you can see people with 20+ pokemon in entralink forest is because while you have to send over 1 pokemon after your visit or you will lose it, they are saved in the forest forever until you catch them.

4. exalep

exalep Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Just started the game and I'm on the second Leader... it seems like the difficulty has been increased by a bit compared to the other games ? idk..
    does anyone have a sawk less than 20 that they could give me? I don't really usage anything to give back though

5. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Ohh I see, thanks mate! I've been saving quite a few hahah

6. Watabou

Dec 14, 2008
    So I finally got all the berries in the dream world. Took a while to visit a lot of people but looting has been accomplished haha.

So I'm going to be planting the ev reducing berries. If you want it, wait a couple two days from now and then visit my dream world and I'll put in on my shelf. :)

7. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I just had to ask. Did anyone ever go to the Nintendo NSider forums before it closed down?

8. Watabou

Dec 14, 2008
    #308 Watabou, May 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
    Wasn't that a long time ago? I used to lurk there. The last time I visited those forums was in 2006 I think. It was only sometime before it closed down though.

9. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    Yeah, I had over 9,000 posts there and stayed till the end. There's an NSider 2 that was created right after the first one closed, and I'm already making old friends that I once knew, haha.

the only problem is that I need to go through the NSider archive to find proof of my rank. And dang, the thing is limited. Search is disabled, you can't really access threads, you can't bring up user profiles, and stuff like that. You can only hope that you can take a screenshot of a post where is says:
    Last post by ______ on 12:00 AM or something like that. The color of your name signifies rank, but I HAVEN'T SEEN MY NAME YET. I'm scanning the Pokemon and the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon boards, and nothing.

10. Crazy_Possum

Crazy_Possum Well-Known Member

I got a 3DS. I've been playing Pokemon White on it, and the date changes normally. However, daily swarms and the Treasure Hunter by Lacunosa Town are not registering that the days have been changing. What should I do?I'm switching my White Version from the original DS to my 3DS.
    I have been told to wait 24 hours without switching systems or saving. This hasn't worked for me. Is there anything else I can do?

11. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    That happened to me when I changed the time on my DS. What I did to fix that was have someone cross paths and visit my White Forest (through wi-fi, i think). Then my seasons started to change...

12. Crazy_Possum

Thanks!
    When parents hold EV items (such as the Power Anklet), are the children still guarenteed to get the same IV's in Black and White, as they were in HeartGold and SoulSilver?

13. Watabou

Dec 14, 2008
    Nope, they removed that feature unfortunately :(

Now you can only pass one of the Parent's IVs with the power items. If you give two power items, it won't work. Thanks a lot gamefreak :mad:

14. Crazy_Possum

Castor and Pollox...

Is there another way to pass on IV's, then? I a noob in this topic, as I'm just now starting to get ready to EV/IV train some Pokemon.

15. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    ok well I just got Pokemon Black for my 3DS and can anybody tell me when I can be able to save my game??? I was on the first Gym Leader yesterday, kept losing, so I quit my game to play some SSFIV3D and then I come back to Pokemon and my progress is gone....

16. Crazy_Possum

You should be able to save by now. What options do you get when you press start?

17. Slapshot

Jun 12, 2009
    I don't get anything when I press start

18. Crazy_Possum

I made a dumb mistake :eek:. Press X.

19. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    LOL, you can save whenever you want. Just press X then select "Save" and select yes for the incoming text.

Thank God Game Freak made it so you can save whenever.

20. Slapshot

Jun 12, 2009
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

damn all that progress gone