Pokemon Black/White Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Watabou, Mar 7, 2011.

?

What starter did you choose?

1. Snivy

41.7%
  2. Oshawott

37.5%
  3. Tepig

20.8%
  1. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    I really miss having your starter follow behind you like in Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Is this not in Black/White, or does it get unlocked later? :( Also, I miss being able to advance text by using the touch screen.

2. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    #42 Watabou, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
    Yeah I miss that too. I think Gamefreak purposely removed it so that they can add it in in the third game. It wouldn't be the first time they've done that. :(

I'm kinda annoyed by the no touchscreen input too. Although, I really like C-gear features.

EDIT: I also updated the front page with the two friend codes. :)

3. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    I don't mind the 3D look at all...it's the battles with crappy, pixelated pokemon sprites that bug me. i definitely remember them looking better in Heart Gold/Soul Silver.

4. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Man I wish I had a DS of any type as there are times where I really want to play pokemon. Its such a fun and seriously addictive game. And there really isnt any substitute on any other platform.

5. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Gonna have o disagree. I like the new animations since it makes the battles seem less static. Plus I like the fact that the pokemons' eyes close when they are put to sleep.

6. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Everything about this game is so much better. I never liked having my Pokemon follow me around anyway.

Almost have my six (and third gym defeated).
    -Dewott
    -Servine
    -Darumaka
    -Zoroark (thank you Celebi Event)
    -Rufflet egg (thank you Serebii chat and trade)

All I need is Klinklang.

7. Watabou

Dec 14, 2008
    #47 Watabou, Mar 9, 2011
    I have four of my pokemon and I'm at Nimbasa(fourth gym city)

1. lv.30 Servine
    2. lv.27 Tirtouga
    3. lv.29 Zorua
    4. lv.29 Conkeldurr

For my two others, I'm planning to add the electric spider just because I want to throw thunders around with near perfect accuracy and Hydreigon. I'm aware I have a bug weakness but eh, this is ingame who cares.

EDIT: Whoa! I just got a critical capture. I threw a great ball at Liepard and it made a "shing" kind of noise and the ball just moved once and it captured it. I was stunned for five whole seconds. Cool :D

8. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Gah, stupid wifi events and stupid DS fat with a only a WEP compatible wifi. Can't get Zorua :(

9. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    #49 MystikSun, Mar 9, 2011
    I'm at Nimbasa and my team:
    Servine lvl 26
    Boldore lvl 25
    Timburr lvl 17
    Blitzle lvl 21
    Lillipup lvl 13 <I never knew that thing was there in my party. Honestly.
    Darumaka lvl 25

I'm barely getting by with strategy >.> Anyway, I'm replacing Lillipup with Solosis.

Oh btw, can you breed Zoroark for Zorua?

10. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Dude everybody likes pokemon.

Anyways, I beat the 4th gym and dont really even have a team yet. I have a level 37 (I think) Emboar and the rest of my guys arent even at level 20. I've just been using my starter for everything. The problem with me is that I can find any other pokemon who I like and want to use. I don't play competitively or anything like that though, so building a good team isn't really important.

I was thinking of maybe having some of these people on a team:

Emboar
    Carracosta
    Bisharp
    Excadrill
    Eelectross
    Chandelure
    Gigalith
    Reuniclus
    Haxorus
    Braviary
    Hydriegon

Which six of the above do you think would make a good team?

11. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    i have emboar the dude is a tank with his attacks. ok defense but the dude is amazing!

12. Watabou

Dec 14, 2008
    #52 Watabou, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
    Yep you can.

Excadrill is fun to use. And his part steel typing comes in handy if you don't have a flying resist for your Emboar.
    Carracosta is a cool pokemon too. It's slow but it gets Aqua Jet which kinda makes up for it. And its defense is huge especially with Solid Rock.
    I don't know about Chandelure, Hydreigon and Bisharp. All those come relatively late according to the Pokedex. Especially hydreigon. It comes at the victory road which isn't really practical since you should already have a team by then.

13. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    over a million sales already!

14. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    @Watabou: Cool, thanks :)

I'm getting murdered by the 5th gym leader. I knock out the first pokemon with one hit from servine, but then the excadriller thing steamrolls my team. ME WANTS MY OLD TEAMS BACK. Then I would rape the whole thing.

Also, I'm annoyed that I don't know every single new pokemon and their types. I memorized all 493 (not in order) before Diamond/Pearl came out, and I knew exactly what Pokemon to pull out and attack with.

15. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    #55 5duc29, Mar 10, 2011
    I have eight of my pokemon level 30 (Dewott 35) at the end of the Castelia City's third gym.

**Best place to train... 'Pinwheel Forest' shaky patches of grass. Audino's lv 14-17 are very useful since it gives you a lot of experience points, plus that's where I found the elemental monkeys :p You will get your Pokemon to level 30 easily.

Just run back and forth and not touch the grass. The grass will shake. The shaky patches are worth it since the other Pokemon you battle in the non-shaky grass gives you from the start 146 experience points and then works its way down to a very low 60 something experience points.

16. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    #56 MystikSun, Mar 10, 2011
    I WILL try that. I've just beat the 5th gym on the third try and my highest leveled pokemon is Servine at 34. the next highest is Boldore at lvl 28. My lowest? It's lvl 11. I switched Lillippup for a bird so I could use fly.

Edit: I can't find the shaky patches -___-
    Edit: Found out that there's only about a 1% chance to find one. Just dandy.

17. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Go to the area with the moss rock. There's a lot of empty spaces to run. You should see shaky patches or hear them. Remember not to touch the grass until you see one shaking. It might take a minute or two to find one, sometimes three in a minute. It is worth since it gives you around 550-900 experience points compared to 160 from other pokemon in the forest.

Hope it helps.

18. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    I found out that there's a 1% chance of finding one:
    http://pkmn.eu/?action=content&page=viewpage&id=8804

Edit: WAIT, I DID WHAT YOU SIAD AND IT WORKED. Thank you ^_^

19. Watabou

Dec 14, 2008
    MystikSun, if you're already at 5th gym, go to Route 6 and you will see a higher level Audino's in shaking grass that will give you an even greater amount of xp.

I'm training there right now too before my fifth gym;)

20. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    beat the first 5 gyms no problem. Only use my level 40 Emboar for em too. Gym number 5 I took 0 damage and killed everyone in one hit.