Pokemon Black/White Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Watabou, Mar 7, 2011.

?

What starter did you choose?

1. Snivy

41.7%
  2. Oshawott

37.5%
  3. Tepig

20.8%
  1. Mudkipz223

Mudkipz223 Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Atlantis
    Well, for this team, are you planning to be competitive with it? Or is it just to get you through the main storyline? If for the later reason, It seems pretty good, athough, there are some changes I can note, shell smash, (I think that's the name of the move), would be good on Carracosta instead of surf, it would help focus more of terracosta's better attack stat, for cobalion, unless you're in a lot of double battles, I would replace helping hand for swords dance, for Victini, if you can, replace confusion with psychic, and for Thundorus, I would switch shock wave for thunderbolt or thunder. Hope that helps

2. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Ok, no need for the celebi event thing anymore. I can just transfer over my Entei from SS and get a Zoruark.

when can you do an egg trade? I'm ready whenever. I live in Pacific Time btw.

3. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    my FC: 2752 0428 2671

4. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    My team before the elite four:

[​IMG]

My playthrough comes in at 44:18 which is most likely the longest I've ever spent before the elite four. The story in this game is just amazing. I feel that it's up there with Gold/Silver.

5. Crazy_Possum

Crazy_Possum Well-Known Member

I just brought Cobalion's HP down to the red zone and burned it at the same time with Litwick's Inferno. I threw one Ultra Ball and caught it. :D

6. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I agree. Most fun I've ever had in a Pokemon game in years. Mostly because I have to raise pokemon from scratch instead of trading from my older games. The last time I did this was back in Diamond.

Anyway, I'm trying to get a good nature for the Zoroark, and it's taking forever. I'm waiting for Timid.

7. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Yeah, luckily I caught Cobalion with one dusk ball.

The grass type legendary was a pain in the ass, i tried catching him like 10 times using 20 or so balls each time and then I just gave up. Ill get him after the elite four.

Anyways, I am right after the 8th gym and have a mid fifty emboar and like 6 low 30 pokemon. I need to do some leveling up before i go in there. at around 22 hours btw.

8. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    I'm staying in the story line for now; I have other ideas for competitive. I actually had all of those moves in mind except for switching surf with shell smash for Carracosta, that one came as a surprise to me. A good one at that too. Thanks for the suggestions. I think I have all types covered...

9. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Wow, 17.10 hours and at 6th gym. I'm the nit-picky player that catces every pokemon possible and uses the dowsing machine everywhere. :p

Can't wait til I have a competitive team, for battles.

10. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I don;t use the dowsing machine and I only catch the pokemon that I want, but I have to check every building and talk to every person and fight every trainer.

11. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    I've got over a day's worth of hours and I'm at the elite four. Trying to get the perfect natured Zoroark, and it's taking hours through soft resetting.

12. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Level 69 Samurott (decided to evolve Dewott) and level 58 Servine before eighth gym. Everyone else on my team are level 45. 53+ hours of work.

Best places to train are Pinwheel Forest (gain up to lv 35), Cold Storage (..to lv 45+), and grass field before Dragonspiral Tower/or Route 18 (..to level 50+). Those Audinos got me very far in the game. If it wasn't for them I would have only one level 60 Pokemon and everyone else well below 35.

Caught only two legendaries so far-- Victini and Cobalion.

13. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    wow, that is a ridiculous amount of time. I'm at 24 hrs and at the elite four, and even that number is too large because normally I play gears of war and then pokemon in between deaths, so the game just sits there for like 3 minutes before I actually play.

Granted your pokemon are much higher than mine.

I have a 60 emboar, and am trying to train my lvl 34 Rufflet up to 54 so he can become Braviary and train my lvl 37 Pawniard up to 51 so he will become a Bisharp. With those 3 I can beat the elite 4 easily.

Where is the best place to train those? Right now I am just going into the dark grass on route 10 with my Emboar and am using EXP share. It is only working decently.

14. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Lucky Egg is also very useful. I haven't gone past the eighth gym yet but I would assume there are more shaky patches of grass after the city. Those three areas I posted are where I have been training. If it was to ev train.. That would take so much longer.

My Rufflet is level 46. That bird is tough to train. I find Darmanitan and Zoroark easy.

I'm ready to trade over the egg if you still need it.

15. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Actually I found a great place that is right near victory road. Route 10, you want to go to the patch of grass right above the sign that says "Route 10" and right next to that chick trainer. Just ride around right there and then the shaky grass should be only a few steps away.

Sure I can trade. You want to do it right now?

16. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Yeah. I'm ready. I'll be online in 5min.

17. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    to trade you go to the middle chick in the PokeCenter right? If I have you as a friend will it just locate you?

18. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I'll take good care of EGG!

19. jakomwilliams

jakomwilliams Member

Mar 14, 2011
    I've play it five years and the feeling that the series has become tired and stale with no real gameplay changes since gold/silver was published for the first time. Pokemon black/white is very good game, I like it's sound and graphics.

20. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    #100 MystikSun, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
    Anyone have an Oshawott and/or Tepig they'd like to breed for me? Thanks :)

Also tell me what you want, but I don't have much.

Edit: If you want, I can give you a past generation starter, since I have every single past starter in existence. All legit.