Universal Pokemon Shuffle (by The Pokemon Company)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 24, 2015.

1. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

lolk

are you aware that this game is a port of a 3ds game? And are you aware that the 3ds version is basically the same thing, except for obvious differences like being 1 screen only? are you aware that you don't need to play this? are you aware that you are ####ing annoying and nobody gives a shit?

2. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Lol couldn't have said it any better myself

3. CoreyFox

CoreyFox Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2015
    #83 CoreyFox, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    Thank you for your special, one of a kind, opinion.. Now where is that rock you have been hiding under?

Corey, (of the "new generation") ..and in my early 40's..

4. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Passing 150 levels and capturing them are two different things. I suspect he has only captured enough to progress and a few lucky ones (I could be wrong).

To beat Kyogre, you are going to need Electric Pokemon. Unfortunately, they are some of the hardest to capture. Who you really need is the Amphoros with mega-stone but I haven't come across him yet. Must be past level 120 somewhere...

5. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    I've caught 119 so far, been so busy haven't been able to boot it up for a while

6. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    What level number is this?

7. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    #87 ramon31, Sep 8, 2015
    120 Pokemon caught now, still haven't used any coins or gems except on level 150 which is very difficult. No real money has been used also.

248 Pokemon caught on 3DS and once again no real money spent on the game.

8. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #88 Nekku, Sep 8, 2015
    It's the legendary in the special hub

I do like the game so far. Well, but I don't like the bs that is going on if I try to catch a pokemon with max success rate and it fails. Then I get this super catch rate pop up and the pokemon starts to sweat. Used a great ball and it fvcking escapes again lol. Not cool.

9. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Ok, this is another tough level, I haven't tried it for a while because all my Pokemon don't have the arrows going up next to them and I was going to wait till the event is nearly over with stronger Pokemon and if I manage to catch some more in the mean time. It's got 10 days left so use your hearts on other stuff.

I'll give it another go in a little bit and get back to you.

10. xx99

xx99 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    IT Help Desk
    Michigan
    Ampharos is level 130. Zapdos is great for Kyogre too, with 70 base damage and Power of 4 ability.

Zapdos is in one of the expert stages, but you'll probably need 3 Ground-types to defeat him in 30 seconds (Phanpy, Cubone, Donphan). Mega Lucario or Lopunny are good to get rid of Zapdos' obstacles, but considering how short Zapdos' stage is, it's totally normal to beat him without Mega evolving.

Raichu (60), Grovyle (60), and Sceptile (70) are all good options for a third support Pokémon.

Kyogre's around for 2 weeks. Ampharos, Zapdos, Raichu, Grovyle, and Sceptile all have low capture rates. Save your coins while attempting to capture three of them over the next few days, then start taking shots at Kyogre. If you ever get the boosted catch rate, you'll have the money for the Great Ball.

11. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Kyogre is a real touch cookie. I'm getting close after grinding some grass and electric types, but still not getting close to even beating it without a lot of luck. Woof.

12. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    any idea when this one gets released worldwide?

13. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    I have caught 124 now

14. xx99

xx99 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    IT Help Desk
    Michigan
    I took a stab at Kyogre today with Lucario, Raichu, Zapdos, and Ivysaur. Lucario's power is great for clearing disruptions (Lopunny's power is the same, but she's not as strong). Clearing the disruptions makes it much easier to get combos. Ivysaur does extra damage while Kyogre's health is high and Zapdos hits hard, especially with Power of 4.

Caught him on my first try — admittedly, I got the random Super Catch Power which took the Great Ball capture chance up above 70%.

You really need a couple Grass/Electric Pokémon with attack powers of 60+, then just keep playing Kyogre. Don't throw Great Balls unless you get the Super Catch Power. Save your coins — once Super Catch Power is triggered (which is completely random), you can throw multiple Great Balls with the significantly boosted capture rate.

15. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Stuck on Mega-Glalie (level 120). Any advice on line-ups?

16. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    That one is very tough you need to save up your coins and use all the power ups you can.

17. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    This morning, I caught, in one battle each, all in a row: Absol, Lucario and Rotom. I don't know what happened, but man did I have some luck. None of those fights had any more than a 12% catch rate, but I got them.

18. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    133 Pokemon caught so far now. Still haven't purchased any stuff with coins except on level 150 which is by far the toughest of the 150.

19. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    What about Special / Expert level Pokemon?

20. ramon31

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    I've beaten all but 2 expert levels that I have unlocked 12 and 17 are the ones left. I have caught five of these as well.

The special levels I still have Kyogre to go, i will try again closer to the time has expired still 8 days left to go.