iPhone Pokemon TCG Online (by The Pokemon Company International)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 26, 2014.

1. RomanReigns

RomanReigns Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    ok,now after finishing tutorial and playing my 1st gold league match against zach,im stuck while starting 2nd match with mick..menu is accessible,but when i click in "NEXT",nothing happens......

can anyone help me with this issue if have solution? :)

2. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I like tcg etc, is this a good game? Ive never played pokemon car games ever, but enjoy magic, and hex tcg.

Not looking at sinking money into this though unless it is very fun

3. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    LOL I just came to ask this exact thing.

5 minutes in and game is broken already. Terrible :(

4. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Just found a way around it. In the menu on the right I was able to 'logout to main menu'. Then I verified my account (because I hadnt yet, so i went and found the verification email. Not sure if this step is necessary or not) and then i re-logged back in. And was able to select a deck and trainer etc and carry on.

Hope this helps you.

5. RomanReigns

Aug 28, 2014
    did the same thing you said but it still doent work mate :/ i cannot select deck but can click on "NEXT"..after accessing trainer's page i click "NEXT" again to start the match but nothing happens....

6. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Maybe give it another try? I dunno I did that once and it worked for me.

I never even saw the left side menu prior to that.

7. RomanReigns

Aug 28, 2014
    tried many time but still no success..same here bro,cant even see the top left menu (social menu) :/ this game really needs better polishing

8. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I'm intentionally bumping up this old thread.

I really didn't get this game when I first picked it up some time ago. But I tried it again last week, and I have to say I'm really getting hooked on it. Especially since it has an extensive single player "trainer" campaign where you can learn how the basic decks work, win a lot of booster packs, coins and upgrade your decks. In fact, the only way to upgrade your deck is to use coins you win in the game-there is no way to purchase coins in the app. There are also daily quests that give out good rewards. Or you can buy a pack of physical cards and use the code that comes with it for the mobile version. The only purchase is tickets for tournament play - you can also PVP as often as you want and win a lot of upgrades that way. So it really forces you to learn the game and the ins and outs of the card strategy. There are no timers, no energy. You can play as much as you want.
    I would suggest saving coins for the expansion packs-you will win lots of booster packs for the basic decks.

9. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Check out the Ascension thread and you'll see what I mean when I say - "Great, thanks a bunch - that's one more game I have to add to the list now!" #

#

10. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I totally get that! I went and read your breakdown on the games. I have most of them but have to play them one or two at a time due to real life such as work, pets, husband, etc. One you didn't mention was Card Wars-Adventure Time. I just LOVE that one, although I'm taking a break from it now. As for Dominion, I know a lot of people didn't like the way it ended up on mobile, but I've had no problems with it and enjoy it just as much. I purchased expansions when I bought the Humble Bundle so got some kind of a discount.

TCG, CCG and deck builders have to be my favorite genre of IOS games. There is something about card collecting that really appeals to me.

11. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    It's contagious, thanks for reminding me about this one!

12. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I haven't tried the trading part of it, because I'm not yet sure which cards I want or if I have any some one else wants.

13. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I'm just fiddling with pre-constructed decks myself at the moment.

14. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    I have the same issues - no husband though, just a loving girlfriend, 2 kids and a full time job -hence the frustration at not having the time!

Funny you should mention Card Wars (Adventure Time being another one of those cartoons that my 9yr old introduced me to!) - downloaded it 2 days ago and I'm loving it. I like that it hasn't taken the 'purist' route as a CCG, with the addition of the terrain cards and also the hit/crit/miss action wheel mechanic. Just adds a little something different to the mix.

My only concern with it though is the presence of hearts/energy & gems/currency - I hope it doesn't suddenly ramp up the difficulty and force you to buy IAP's. Don't mind spending a bit but as mentioned in the other thread, I'm an exponent of 'premium games' and don't like the dying trend we're seeing in the games industry - but that's a conversation for a different thread!

15. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    While having fun with the Pokemon TCG, I now recall my biggest gripe with the game. I love just battling bots, and while the game does give you a wide variety to do so against with competent AI, Pokemon TCG is one of the worse offenders of that ol' elemental system (water beats fire which in turn beats grass, etc.). So it often just feels like, if you simply counter their elemental type you'll get a huge advantage. So in the end if you ignore the elements you'll lose but if you intentionally play to that relationship, it feels cheap. :p

16. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Yes, I noticed that, however, either I'm not that good (most likely) or sometimes I just get bad draws..because I don't win every time. My goal right now is to amass a pile of coins so I can purchase some expansion decks and play some more PVP and try out the tournaments. The PVP is pretty challenging for me because it is not evenly matched with players of your level (that I noticed) but it forces me to change up my strategy and use cards I would normally not use. Hopefully these exercises will help me with other card games.

17. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Why can't I redeem codes yet!

18. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    And that's why the starter decks our 7yo daughter and I play with at home were carefully picked out - they're all fairly even matches. Makes for slightly more mediocre, but fair games.

I'd love to play the TCG online if it'd only support the iPhone. For crying out loud, I could play this game in 160x144 on my GameBoy Color, why can't it run on my 6 Plus?!?

19. LethalX08

LethalX08 Active Member

Apr 16, 2015
    United Kingdom
    I heard it was a Apple issue. Something about they didn't like that you can buy something in real life & redeem it in game to get items, i'm assuming they are made they aren't seeing any money :/.

Pokemon Company did say they were trying to create a workaround but they've been quite since March -_-

20. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    If that 6+ of yours is jb'd then you totally can play this on iPhone. It's just that you'll need to sideload again every time they put out an update, which is not as convenient as pressing update in the AppStore no.