Poker Tower - 8-Bit Poker & Match-3 game [Beta testers needed!]]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Raph3Arts, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Raph3Arts

Raph3Arts Well-Known Member

Finally, we have talked about the situation, me and my girlfriend, and we decided to just remove the space, so it gave us "PokerTower", this way we keep our original name AND we don't have to re-upload our binary to Apple with the new name in the game!

If ever PokerTower is rejected as being too similar to the other name, we'll probably pick Poker Bits!

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Are you guys a couple and game development team? That's like something out of the movies. Good news about resolving name dilema!

3. Raph3Arts

Exactly UndeadCow! We both graduated from 3D animation and images synthesis, and we are now developing games for iPhone! We weren't sure if it was doable, but I think Mika Mobile are a couple too, so we decided to give it a shot! :) But since Poker Tower was not a game with a lot of assets, she worked on our second BIG project while I was coding and debuging Poker Tower :p

4. Superjimtendo

Superjimtendo Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    I'm so ready to buy this game. I love everything about it. I really hope I don't have to wait until the 28th!

5. Raph3Arts

Thanks Superjimtendo! :D Don't worry, if I could release it on 21st, I would :(

6. Raph3Arts

Well, I'm sorry guys, but Apple has not reviewed the game yet, and it's still waiting for review, so, if it's accepted soon, PokerTower will be released on 28th :(
    I'm sorry for the disappointment, and I hope to have some good news for you soon :(

7. Raph3Arts

Hi guys! :D I have good news!! The app is currently in review, so be sure thay if it's approved, the game will be released on February 28th :D I can't wait to share my little baby with you :D have a good weekend!!!

8. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
  9. Raph3Arts

#49 Raph3Arts, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
    It's me again! Poker Tower has been approved by Apple yesterday, so ready yourself, because it's coming this Thursday, 28!!!! :D

I hope to see you soon on the leaderboards! :D

10. Raph3Arts

Hi guys!

Tomorrow, it's a big day!!! I hope you're all ready! I'm writing you today to announce that tomorrow, February 28th, I'll hold a contest on the Official Release Thread that will appear on Midnight, and I'll giveaway 5 promo code by the end of the day to the five people who wrote the best comment in the thread, answering the question : "Why do you want so bad to play PokerTower?". I just wanted to tell it to you before the others, since you are all supporting me since the beginning!

Hoping to see you all tomorrow! :D

P.S. For the beta testers, I'll send you promo codes this afternoon!

11. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX