Poll: Freemium Games Yay or Nay

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by triggywiggy, Jan 13, 2012.

?

Freemium Games Yay or Nay

Poll closed Jan 13, 2013.
  1. Yay, they're great, keep Em coming

5.3%
  2. Nay, I'm sick of them

84.0%
  3. Nyay , I'm undecided

10.7%
  1. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    #61 triggywiggy, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
    pic.twitter.com/gRTyj9Tl

Whilst we are posting pics!

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Dunno why I can't add the pic so will have to view the tweet.

3. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #63 Darth Ronfar, Jan 14, 2012
    Hi... Nice to meet u, I love ur games solomoms keep and Boneyard.... I can see that it's hard to make money for u guys so I payed 2-3$ for some add on stuff. Personally I would normally Never do that but the quality of ur games deserve to be payed for, so I felt good about it. I wish u alot of luck with ur next game and Im willing to pay a normal price for it. I think u can use solomoms keep as a preview and that will entice players to buy. IMO people are really excited for sequels to games they know of and where u may have failed with solomoms keep I think now enough people know u have a good product and will be willing to pay... I know u deserve and need the money but I hope u atleast consider realesing it at one price, then if sales aren't up u can go and addon freemium, I bet if u took a poll on here most people u glady pay a set price for a sequel, considering how popular and loved ur games are now. Thank you... (On the other hand I guess once u realease it at a given price, going freemium after wouldn't work? I'm not sure how it all works). I guess ur idea of releasing it free and then offering a price to buy the full game is better.... I guess I just don't understand how u can then have other iaps that people would buy instead of just buying the full version. I understand if the price is high like 5-10$ but people would buy it more if the price were lower. I guess it depends on how much u feel the game is worth, just remember that ur game isn't some undiscovered game anymore and u have a recognizable product that can sell right off the bat... Just trying to help I know it's alot more complex than that. Just trying to help(not sure if I does :/) but Good luck and I look forward to ur next game.

4. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #64 GoofyJmaster., Jan 14, 2012
    Epic!

I still don't know where the fun of a farm sim comes from. After a long day of work/school, do you really want to manage a farm or a hotel?

Hell, I had a hard time getting through Game Dev Story, even though I'll admit it was good for what it is.

I guess I like Football Manager, but I think that's a way better experience than any other sim I've played on iOS by a mile. I'm also a dedicated soccer fan, but if there are dedicated farmer (etc) fans then I sincerely apologize.

Agreed!

5. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #65 Darth Ronfar, Jan 14, 2012
    - accidental post sorry