Universal Portal Knights (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Dec 6, 2017.

1. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Yes more than enough single player action

2. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    No mifi support

3. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Hey guys, where do you find coal?

4. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I've just been collecting coal at Fort Finch. If you click on a location on the map, you can view the area's resources using the tabs.

5. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    What a shame :(

Guess ill wait before buying then.

6. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Today is the first I have heard of this game
    I’m super impressed
    High res graphics super fun gameplay
    Like a Minecraft RPG so much to learn so I have to get back to playing
    Being serious if you love survival and crafting games this is a cant miss game so glad I picked it up without having played it before I too a risk and this time it paid off ten fold
    I would pay 10$ for this game easy

7. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Well since FFXV-PE isn't out yet, I know where a little slice of my App Store credit is going to tonight. :) Not sure I'll have time to play this evening but I'll at least get to it over lunch break tomorrow.

Nice to see that there's single player stuff... at first I thought this was primarily coop and I'm not a big multiplayer person. Not sure how solo-able the bosses would be though?

8. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Unfortunately no icloud support:(

9. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Haha I was just saying the same thing. “Welp no ff15PE for now so it won’t hurt to check this out”

I was concerned about the single player but so far it seems like co op is just something they added in to have fun with friends. Not at all needed

10. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    It seems like the multiplayer option is similar to Minecraft it’s just added fun not necessary to enjoy or play through the game
    This game is amazing so much to figure out :)

11. terang

terang Active Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Is this game can be played in coop without same os device? Like between android and ios?

12. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    #32 slighmd, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    More premium quality games! Bought and downloading now. I also watched videos of the game in action and wow! Hope it’s optimized for the X though.
    Edit: It’s optimized for the X :D

13. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Pretty great so far! Yay!

14. slighmd

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Just started playing it and I got a problem which I hope the devs can fix. Tapping anywhere near the A button activates it ie. you involuntarily attack. Even if your just swiping at the R side of the screen to look around, you involuntarily attack. Try tapping just above the A, or on the bottom R side of the screen, it makes your character attack.

15. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Leave an empty space on your inventory line and only select your weapon when you want to attack
    The empty space will mean you are using your hands
    And this should solve your problem
    I am not the developer I just figured it out

16. slighmd

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Cool thanks! I’ll try it out. It’s a band aid and not a full fix, but better than nothing. Thanks so much!

17. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Game seems to go dark after the startup splash screen on my iPad mini 2. Than when I tap the blacked out screen the app crashes.
    :( I'm saddened.

18. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Loving this game.. It's beautiful. Definitely next-gen Terraria. Seems really intuitive so far..

19. matyou98

matyou98 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Sad to report there is no MFi support.

Crazy that iOS is still not respected as a true gaming platform. A game like this not having controller support on pc would be considered blasphemy. Efforts had to be made to implement controller support on pc before it could be considered a finished product. Why isn't it the same for ios? I use the PC platform as an example because it's default method of interaction is a keyboard and mouse. A controller is not something every person who owns a PC has, yet it's still considered a requirement if you want anyone to take your game seriously.

I'm not ranting because this specific game doesn't have MFi support. On iOS it shouldnt even be a question if a game suited for a controller has support built in or not just like it's not a question if controller support is built in when something like this is released on pc.

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Think MFI controls are a nice to have but shouldn’t be automatic on every game. I wouldn’t moan at a dev if they didn’t add them just as I wouldn’t complain if it’s not set up for Apple TV either. For me mobile gaming a all about portability and I don’t want to take a controller with me if I want to play games on a his or train.

Anyway as for the game. Wow ! Plays very well. Love the way you can switch between 1st person and 3rd person view. Game plays very well and the worlds seem pretty big. Reminds me of Oceanhorn but more combat. Quality title