Post what you got for Christmas!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Fireball926, Dec 25, 2012.

1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I was gonna post that lol I won a 25 dollar iTunes card I racked up with cards lol

2. Wow, so many of you got ipad 4, 64gb, for xmas. I'm jealous!

3. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I'm quite satisfied with my ipad mini 16GB. What a great Christmas :D

4. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    The same exact thing!!! I got 4g AT&T on it though.
    I also got an Icade, but that's weird we got pretty much the same thing. Oh and a Columbia jacket.

5. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    I'll share half the credit with ya!!:)

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

You still got this Year an new iPod Touch. That`s more some other could wish for. I think you don`t need to hide it!

I just had the luck to don`t loose all of my Money during the banking crises also I still hate myself from time to time that I hadn`t bought some Apple Stocks when they were down to €89 in 2007.

The most important thing is to understand that I`m not some rich, spoiled Guy which Job is being Daddy`s Moneywaster. Like others here on TA I`m working 50 - 60 Hours a Week, getting tired Home and then just enjoy playing some iOS Games to relax or spend some time with my Friends at the local Pub down the road while talking about the latest Games for PS3, Xbox360 or like in my case the iOS World.

I guess it all comes down to one single thing:

As soon as you will start to earn your own Money you will realize that iOS Gaming is and please excuse me when I use this term because I can`t descripe it in a better Way Cheap as it can get! Every other Plattform out there costs you more from the first Day then getting into iOS or Android Gaming.

I just looked up how much that WiiU Equipment did costs and it was way more then €400. And that was without a single freaking Game!

Same goes to the PlayStation 3 or the XBox 360. Even if you are greedy and search for the best Offer out there you will have still to spent more then €200 - €300 for each Console well knowing that this is the last Year of it`s Generation and after that you will have to spent like €500 - €1000 to get the new PlayStation/New Xbox.

I can definitly understand Parents that are unsure if they can or even want to afford each Month to buy their Kids the newest Games instead of just going down to the Gamestop Store and buy some used once instead of ordering some new once from Amazon.

Comparing it to iOS/Android Gaming makes it even look worse.

Getting into it cost you like $299.00 (iPod Touch or some Samsung Device) + a $100 iTunes- /Google Play Gift Cards and that`s probably enough to make your Kids for Months happy.

Awesome!

The Books are great! I love those two more then the WiiU since there is currently no new Zelda Game for it I could enjoy so those were the best Presents I go this Year and I`m lucky that I got those old style presents too since there is still nothing better then a good book I can read through and learn something new at the same time.

7. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Couldn't have asked for a better Christmas this year!

The wife got me a sweet 27 inch monitor for my PC (coming from a 19 inch it's AMAZING), and some Razer Megalodon headphones!

To return the awesome gift giving I got her an iPad mini! :D

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and a has a safe and happy New Year!

8. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I got to know that mods are banning my friend killjoy permanently if he makes another "offensive" post... I've seen his posts and this feels really unfair. He's no troll like Solidfart...

9. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    http://www.zenfar.com
    iPad 4th Gen

4th Generation iPad with 32GB will be used mostly for iPad game development. With that and my trusty iPad 1 I should have the iPad system specs covered.

LOTR Ultimate Edition on Blu-Ray.

Forbidden Island card game.

The Hobbit Lego game.

Merry Christmas all!!!

10. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Fully diamond encrusted iPad 4. It costs a mint but the screen is useless...all that glitter gives me a headache too!

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Mine has diamonds encrusted on the screen, rubies for the border. Oh and a gold and platimum backing with my name in sapphires :)

12. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    LOL. Your gifts are nothing compared to mine! I got a wooden block which my sister drew as an iPad!

13. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    What no emeralds!!?!
    By the way I also purchased a one off iPad 4 made of liquid metal and glass. At only my voice command it can morph into any useful object for my convenience:)

14. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    That's sweet!! Bless your sister:)

15. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    -WiiU Deluxe Bundle
    -New Super Mario Bros U
    - 4 3DS games (Paper Mario, NSMB2,Transformers,Prof Layton)
    -Winter Coat
    -Dark Knight Rises BluRay
    -Firefly BluRay

I'm going to be busy gaming!
    hope everyone had a nice holiday!

16. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Clothes
    Gran turismo 5
    Xbox 360
    Halo 4
    Halo collectors edition mega blocks set (took 4 hours to put together)
    An iTunes card
    A prepaid Visa card with $50 on it

17. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Got 99.5% of Apple shares and quite a few underwear!

18. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    A Wii U and mario

19. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    That's so nice of you :) it's awesome to earn your own money and be able to give back. Last year I got my mom a gold necklace that was $1200 and my dad a gold ring and iPad. (Went in halves with a sibling)
    This year our family all agreed upon No presents, and instead buy ourselves something nice with the money we saved. All my immediate family have bdays early on it the year, so we usually prefer to do big birthdays instead anyway. Going to get my dad an Ar parrot drone and mom a new laptop or ipad.. sister an ipad mini. im organised this year :)

I went to the Boxing Day sales and bought like atleast double the stuff for my money.. Usually I'm broke on Boxing Day after buying Xmas presents so it was nice. Bought about $200 worth of clothes and $100 on makeup.. Might just save the rest I was supposed to spend. I'm quite satisfied.. But I could use a new handbag.might look online for a nice replica instead of wasting money on ghe real thing and having it rip after just a year like my last bag :(

20. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I got an eye on one of those pads for women.