Universal Power Hover (by Oddrok Oy)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Dec 9, 2015.

1. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Wow, just freakin wow. Everything from the soundtrack, to the smooth controls, to the fantastic otherworldly graphics in the levels...this game is damn near perfect. I certainly thought I would have picked Air Attack 2 as my GOTW, but this one has put me flat on my face. They are both amazing and I'm still not sure which one will get my vote, but I must say this is downright one of the most amazing experiences I have had on iOS, and I have played A LOT of games!

Runs perfect on my 6s so far, no complaints

2. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Woah, this thread is quite big already! Thanks for all the kind words people! nice to see that you like the game, we worked so hard on it :) Today we just sit back and refresh the internet. Then we start working on the next content update :) I will be checking this thread once in a while, so if you have any questions&comments just post away!

3. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    congratulations! you have created a masterpiece!

4. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    How's performance on a 4S?

5. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    on 5 it's amazing.

6. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    #26 Oddrok, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015

Lowest we have tried the game is iPodTouch (5th gen) and it was playable. We just re-tested the launch version with the 4S and it ran just fine. So the performance is good. :cool:

7. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    This is a big one for me if it is true. Can anyone confirm this? The answers in this thread are conflicting, "great controls" are also talker about. I am confused!

8. CraigG

CraigG Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    There's no lag. The game's physics and inertia are probably what's tripping people up. Just as you can't immediately change direction when waterskiing or something in real life, nor can you instantly jerk about here. So you have to learn how to weave your way through each stage.

Speaking of, how many are there? I'm most of the way through the third section, and judging by Game Center, that's it for now. It's well worth the outlay regardless—this is a gorgeous, simple, elegant, playable game.

9. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    In my opinion as developer of the game: there's zero lag to controls.
    What someone might describe as a "lag" is the way we did the controls of the hoverboard: as there is no friction, all force must have a counterforce. So the board doesn't stop on the dime after the acceleration stops, because the board has very low to zero friction. This "floatness" of the controls is by design, and it's something we think makes controlling the game fun and interesting.

10. Ann0ying

Ann0ying Well-Known Member

This game is veeeery good.

11. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    My thoughts exactly. Zero lag in the controls, it just kind of has a floaty feeling which fits the game perfectly. I can control my character just fine, you just have to get used to the way the board handles. I personally think the controls handle perfectly, it couldn't have been done better by anyone on earth! Oddrok don't change a thing! You guys have truly created a masterpiece here!

12. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
  13. eska992

eska992 New Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Simply great !

14. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    zero lag on control. i can confirmed this. just buy the game with confident :D

15. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Devs,

Have you considered adding a procedurally generated endless mode for after the story? Just a thought. Would be pretty cool if it were possible.

Billy

16. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    i second this, but actually the first boss fight is kinda the same thing, don't you think?

17. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    I'm running on an old 4S still on IOS 7.1.2 and it runs just fine. Also have it my Ipad mini 3 and 5S both on IOS 9.1 they all run fine too.

I'm really enjoying this so far, not had much time to play as I only got this before work this morning and have only just got home but I'll be playing late into the night in bed lol

18. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    The "boss" levels are actually exactly this; endless procedurally generated levels. :)

We are planning a content update and it will have new normal levels and a boss stage. we will see what we come up with the new boss. :cool:

19. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks to all of you for testing. I'll read PG's review to see what they have to say and will possibly end up buying. You'll see me around if I do so ;)

20. treasurestudio

treasurestudio Well-Known Member

#40 treasurestudio, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    This really is something special. Absolutely love the world that's been created. Reminds me of a mix of Journey and some of the classic bright low poly Sega worlds such as VR Racing etc. It all looks fantastic with a lovely style to it. There is an epic sense of scale in some parts, huge sand worms jumping out of the sand that you have to board under, big ravines, huge drills etc. Great story too, awesome little interactive scenes that tell the tale.

Really nice feel to the play mechanics, feels just right.

Some lovely little details too, sand blowing, seagulls swooping in, sound being muffled when you go underwater etc.

Great job devs, you've some serious talent between the pair of you.