Prince of Persia by Gameloft (Releases on June 3rd)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    looks like COD to me

2. eXistenT

eXistenT Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Germany
  3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
  4. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
  5. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    It's official!!! It's Prince of Persia: Warrior Within!!!!

6. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

...confirmed in the Gameloft Podcast.

7. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    Coming in May too!! Along with Iron Man 2 on May 3rd!

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Well, I'm disappointed. I mean, it's great that we're getting Prince of Persia and all, but Warrior Within is just so relentlessly emo (from the music on down to the design of the character, the amped up violence and dark environments) that it was just sort of depressing -- especially after the much more exhilarating Sands of Time. I also hated the Dahaka as a villain, and those completely unforgiving pursuit sequences just weren't much fun. The one bright spot on it was the whole multiple timelines mechanic, which was definitely fun. Still, it's one of those games that I beat more out of duty than anything else.

I would have much preferred Sands of Time, or, of course, the Forgotten Sands. Oh well.

9. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Wasn't the second Prince of Persia game The Warrior Within? Or am I thinking of something else.

I just hope it's a port of that game... it looked amazing.

10. Tikicobra

Tikicobra Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    I was really hoping for an iPhone version of The Forgotten Sands. It's kind of disappointing that it's just a port.

And if they had to port a Prince of Persia game, why couldn't it have been The Sands of Time? Or maybe even the 2008 game. That would be awesome on the iPhone.

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    You are correct: it was the second one (of the moderns series, anyway). And yeah, the intro looks great, and overall it's a decent game. It's just that it's a lot less fun than Sands of Time.

12. donalo127

donalo127 New Member

Mar 17, 2010
    they'll really need to improve on the control system if they want to port a complex game like this. Otherwise it will be a pain in the arse to play.
    The control system in the Rayman 2 port didn't impress me and made it completely unenjoyable to play.

13. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I actually enjoyed the later ones. Sure, Sands of Time was definetly the best, but I have Rival Swords (which is I think a exact port of The Two Thrones to the Wii/PSP) and it was really fun.

If they make a good PoP game modeled after Sands of Time, The Warrior Within (which I think it'll be based on the title), or The Two Thrones, I'll be happy.

14. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
  15. aleksa-94

aleksa-94 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    hmm...just saw the podcast and was rather suprised that they are going with WW,i was thinking it would be the forgotten sands 2.5D sidescroler,but thats just me.i dont say im not excited(i dont even know how many times i have beaten the whole game on my ps2:)it truly is an AWESOME game(it was completely different then sands of time)but i dont really know if gameloft is willing to put enough effort to create some good controls.what i mean is there are many(,many,many,...)parts like this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Wkn6H2BCk&feature=related,where you need to be quick in the fingers or you die very(,very,very,...:)easily.i cant wait to see hows this gonna turn out to be...

16. aleksa-94

Nov 8, 2009
  17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Watching that Dahaka footage I immediately felt the need to throw a controller against the wall ;).

And yeah, I agree that it will be interesting to see how Gameloft pulls that off with touch screen controls. In my view, Sands of Time would have been much easier to port for that reason.

18. aleksa-94

Nov 8, 2009
    yeah,thets true,but i thought SoT had less replay value,and that's what you want in an iphone game,right?despite that,it was still really fun to play,but a little repetitive with the fights
    any rumors when this will come out?

19. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    How did you figure out those dates??

20. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Gameloft Podcast