Universal Prison Life RPG (by Nob Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Devok

Devok Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Does this need Internet connection? How's multi player?

2. nobstudio

nobstudio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 8, 2011
    game developer
    singapore
    No internet connection required unless you want to send feedback to warden. Single player only, inmates are not allowed to talk to each other.

3. skidz26

skidz26 Active Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Who ever thought that time in prison could be so fun!
    Brilliant concept and execution!!

4. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    What are the minimum phone specs? Will this work smoothly on my 4S?

5. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    yeah, works fine pal.

6. Danigarcia75

Danigarcia75 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Yes, very impressed with the simulation of the prison and there are references in the characters to shows like South Park, prison break(that was fun to find), etc.

I think it's a very good purchase for any one that likes interactive stories

7. Danigarcia75

Danigarcia75 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
  8. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Game Impressions

I like this game. But after playing for 2 hours i still don't have a clou how to reach any goal in this game. The tutorial is not much of a help.
    I started with an easy character but ended after 10 days with suicide. Without a more helpful tutorial or a good first steps video there is no way to get deeper into this game.
    It feels like you are thrown into this game and left totaly alone. A bit frustrating.

9. NippleOfJustice

NippleOfJustice Active Member

Sep 22, 2014
    This game is absolutely amazing wth awesome references to movie,tv shows, etc... The dev is also really interactive with the audience especially if you were following this before the official release. I see a lot of potential in this game and will be looking forward to all future updates. Keep up the awesome work ##

10. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    This looks awesome!! Wish they had a lite version I could play until I can get an iTunes card lol

11. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    your character suicided is likely due to unhappiness. Everyday when you wake up from sleep your happiness will go down a little. in order to gain happiness you can eat candies or watch tv. This was explained in part of the tutorial

12. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Any more impressions?

13. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Very fun, different type of rpg, but definately a character building game. Takes some work and strategy to build up friendships and it stinks to go to solitary because of a bad dice roll ;).

Very solid gAmeplay, graphics, no bugs that I have seen.

Love me a premium release ;)

14. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    For a start, try the Clown character. Work out the escape route first (not escaping is also a choice btw), the required items and obj required for escape will guide you how to proceed. Once you got a hang of it, you can do other challenges or stuff. Items for happiness is important. You can only buy one glorious happy magazine per day, so stock up.

May the Warden be with you.

15. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Played now 3 times with the same character Gimlee. First time suicide after 10 days. Second and third time death because of low health after 6 and 5 days. I have no problem with ftl and even harder strategy games. As long as i see any strategy.
    But in this game all events are so much driven by luck, so i get more and more frustrated. For example you can have happiness on 100 and once you drop the soap under the shower it's on 0. Eating candy gives about 3 happiness back. And watching Tv costs 10$ for + 10 happiness. Money is badly needed so another example: You can have over 100$ and get beaten up once and lose nearly all of it. Then you have no more chance to improve your happiness or buy more food for better health.
    Maybe someone can give me a first days walkthrough for the character Gimlee. Do i need to join the mobster gang? Do i need to socialize with other characters cause Gimlee has no bonus in socializing? How do I know what to do? Am I missing something completely?
    After playing now for 4 hours I doubt that this game is in any way fair.
    I really think this is the most frustrating game i have played in years.

16. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Bought and bought, can't wait to get home and have a game of this, didn't expect this today.!!

17. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Do you wish to escape? Or achieve his personal goal of watching tv? Or start earning nicknames, say assassin since gimlee has killer skill? Could try extort by joining gang as he has bodybuilding

18. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Keep the impressions coming guys. Still not sure if I should buy it #.

19. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Ghostdog, probably coincidence, but I picked up Gimlee as well for my first run and as I wrote earlier, it's just 3 days to do my time and be released to freedom. I joined Mobster's gang and spent some time in solitary, got beat up a few times but I can still manage to keep my happiness and health over 50%, just do some shopping everyday. Apple, bread and coffee for health (it's around 25$ together) and DIY magazine for 18$ for happiness. I had a bad dream almost every night, sometimes nightmares, my happiness was reduced by 30-50% every morning because of bad sleep and the fact I'm waking up in jail, but as I said, it's easily managable to keep it over necessary 30% just not to die and even higher with a few items from different shops. Also, it's a good thing to join the gang and than be protected because you're constantly making some enemies and other gangs are sending bullies to beat you. When you manage to talk your way out of the fight, your happiness increases. Also successful shower will increase health and happiness, stealing food from others, bullying and so. Funny thing is that your fame is not important according to description because of the game creator.... well, you'll find out yourself. So it's really not that difficult to survive, but I still have 3 days, anything can happen.. but I'll let you know if it worked for me:)

20. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    #60 dreadnok, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015

Ok so your character has Killer and Body Building so join Mobster gang that will help with getting bullied also try to socialize with someone who has Steal so you can learn it also make sure and recruit the people you get 100% with as this helps in bad situations.

Steal is one of the best things to have, low happiness? steal a magazine worth 50% happiness plus you can try stealing ant items you may need

Killer is awesome if you want to take guys out for rewards

As soon as you start do 2 things
    1) go buy a magazine since you'll probably get robbed and lose your money right away plus its good for happiness

2) Socialize and learn a skill as soon as possible (Steal imo) recharge your energy before you get back to your cell then master the skill at night to use to your advantage next day

I used Uncle Three first and ended up Captain of the mobsters killed 3 guys and made it out in one piece between his steal and gamble he's a great guy to start with

Good luck I'm going after a longer sentence this time