Universal PsyCard (By Ludosity AB)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Man this game is SO controversial!
    So did anyone beat Aya first time? She's the one who wears the costume with all the eyes. Got a feeling she's rigged to win. Always pulls the fruits, once three in about 4 or 5 cards. I drew a skull on my first "luck-based" draw at odds of 1 in 6, and then the next round she hit me with her "control power" forcing my next choice which was, yep, you guessed it, a skull card.

2. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    How do you play cards or 'specials' in this? My opponents keep playing stuff like 'stupor' etc but I see no way for me to do that...

3. badmanj

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    I was 28-8 up against her and lost...

4. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    First you need to find star cards during the game, then when you have enough (usually two or more), press on the three star symbol up on top centre of the screen

5. badmanj

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Ah thanks! Didn't see any explanation in game for this!

6. gakuka

gakuka Active Member

Feb 19, 2014
    No, I think it's true. I consistently win, though not as much as some are claiming on this thread, but they are probably very good at the game. Still I think some changes could be made to give a better experience. I have posted these already, if they ever update the app I'll play it again.

7. gakuka

gakuka Active Member

Feb 19, 2014
    That skill is so OP, I was jealous!

8. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    I know, right!
    Want that - maybe we can unlock that character...

9. limmyfox

limmyfox Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    #49 limmyfox, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
    Holy crap this game is challenging! Using the blind girl and though it seems random but if you're good enough you can win a majority of the games! Takes a lot of skill!

I played a new game w the girl who can see bombs and the game is so much easier. And the blind girl though tough is still a good challenge!

10. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Most of the time I won a lot, if you know how to use character's skill, it's not that hard to play, just be more patient, think about CPU's every move, yet I still need to say that sometimes CPU won me in just 5 move is just CRAZY, so I think the need some fix, still a fun game :)

11. Water

Water Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Game Dev
    Japan
    z

z 's skill is very powerful. i think she is strongest of the four.

12. Mr. Notch

Mr. Notch New Member

May 18, 2016
    Man, it's a bummer how many have kind of ditched this game because it's "too random". I mean everyone's free to do what they like, and to not do what they don't like, but it's just so rewarding when you start figuring out the keys to consistent victory. If it were entirely random I'm sure it would not be so fun.

I could tell this game was made by Ludosity, even if the artwork had been wildly different. Card City Nights was such a blast, and one of the big reasons for that was the learning curve, which in my opinion was handled perfectly. I lost a handful of matches in the beginning, but with every small victory I was beginning to see how to build a deck that stops losing ever. Once it starts clicking, you just get more and more powerful and it feels pretty great. It's the same with Psycard, with one big exception: your power level more or less stays the same, even if your skills on a meta level improve. That's one thing that would be cool to see updated.

My only other complaint, however minor, is that the story really isn't there. I feel like some effort was made to get the player invested in the characters, but then there's so little payoff by the end of it. And without spoiling too much, I was really underwhelmed by the game's ending if you win the championship.

Also yeah, if you play a quick game you can use any other character to play it. Finally Friend's Quest is neat but gracious, I would really like a manual or something, because I have no idea what I'm doing! :)

Tl;dr: this is my favorite game on mobile right now and everyone in the world should get it

13. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Currently $1 or equivalent in your part of the world.