Universal [Pulled] Darkin - (by ten foiled hats)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 14, 2014.

1. The App Store shows you the size of the file you're about to download, and after you've installed it, your device will show the size of the installed game.

It would be nice if the App Store showed both =/.

2. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    leaderboards bugged? Iv played 3 games 2 on normal 1 on touture and im still not listed anywhere, just says not ranked under everything.

3. Hmm, that's a new one. Haven't heard of anyone having any issues with Game Center stuff. Would you happen to have any additional info? Feel free to PM us and we'll do our best to figure this out for ya!

4. AmethystAlicia

Aug 17, 2012
    Thanks for your reply. I wish the App Store showed both too. I'm running really low on space on my iPad Mini and I might have reconsidered spending the money if I'd known it was going to be this size. It's confusing because after checking some of my other apps, their sizes match what their App Store description states. So it seems some do and some don't. Oh well.

5. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Wow thanks for listening to our observations and sometimes annoying opinions. Adding a more dramatic ending to the battle will be awesome.

Another thing to consider... no matter how good a music track is (and the one you've put together for Darkin is great and quite appropriate) it will finally get a little old. Any way to add a couple more tracks that we could pick in the options before playing the game? Would probably not add a lot more to the size of the app and they don't have to be as custom made to the theme as the original. Just to be able to switch to something else now and then is a great option.

Once again... cool you guys listen. I had no idea there was just two of you. Game seems to have the polish of a much larger team.

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I never play games with the sound on I don't know why anyone would with most games. Sometimes if it's something I've really been looking forward to I'll try the first time.

The last games I ever remember playing some sound to were Bardbarian and Slayer pinball.

7. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Wow, the more I unlock, the more the game gets better!

Can we start giving suggestions on classes etc... for future updates? Here are some ideas, not well thought out yet, but it may be a start of something:

1. Advernturer/Monster tamer - If you link the correct number or coins (matching monsters attack) or maybe hearts and a monster, the monster becomes your pet. You can only have 1 pet at a time, it attacks a random monster, prioritieses boss monsters. If a boss monster appears, it will attack your pet first.

2. Archer/gunner - If will also attack any monsters 2 steps away from your link for 1/2 damage.

8. MasonHurst

Jan 9, 2013
    Yeah since you don't do it I guess nobody does. Makes you wonder why some games invest a lot into sound and music and virtually -every- game has it... Strange huh ?

9. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #229 Intendro, May 19, 2014
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
    Does this game show how much damage each enemy does each turn?

If it does, then not showing the total is just requiring manually adding up the amount to see if you're about to die... so why not just save us time and show the total? :)

If it doesn't... Well, it would still be useful and less frustrating to prevent dying from not realizing you're about to. :p
    I would prefer that.

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I know people do, do it because I've been sat in a room with people that keep the sound on for everything and it's really irritating. But generally I'm out and wouldn't want it on or I'm watching tv and playing so wouldn't.

I never said nobody uses sound I just said I don't know why people would bother most the time and enough to comment on it

11. Womble

Womble Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    I dunno about you guys, but i like the aural with my visual.

12. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    When I play a mobile game for the first time, I'll have sound on. After that, I'll usually play silent, except for games that require it or I just love the audio. (This, Unpossible, and Dead Space for example.)

13. MasonHurst

Jan 9, 2013
    All games feature sound. My comment concerned just that. Some games feature multiple soundtracks, custom SFX and dialog. Yours was some odd personal observation that was as about as helpful as knowing if somebody wears boxers or briefs.

It's as if I went to a movie forum telling everyone I only watch silent flicks... After all you can figure out the plot right?

14. BohemianCoast

BohemianCoast Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Now that I've survived Bloody Countdown on torture, I was surprised not to get a survival bonus. Because I've scored more in games where I didn't survive and that seems quite wrong.

15. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Did I miss TA's review of this? I can't seem to find it anywhere...

16. Gaff

Gaff New Member

May 20, 2014
    Just picked this game up, loving it because I was a fan of dungeon raid. I just wanted to comment and say that the 2x tiles and greedy ability should probably be nerfed. I had a game on normal that I saved 6 2x tiles and 3 greedy abilities, left me with 8 grand coins in one turn that boosted me to 30+ Stats and 400 hp at around turn 250. I had to kill myself because I got bored.

Just a suggestion

17. Womble

Womble Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Were you playing on easy or normal? I think easy in particular and even normal are far too easy, games take too long.

18. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
  19. Gaff

Gaff New Member

May 20, 2014
    Normal. I guess torture's where it's at. But still, 8,000 coins in one turn? Maybe the multipliers shouldn't be exponential, as in 5 2x's should be 10x instead of 32x.

20. #Bonk3rZ

#Bonk3rZ Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    You're going to have a really good run. You've already upgraded more than ever before. You have at least three powerups ready, two of them full of heartpower. Everything is going smoothly, at the moment you just have to create some space for teeth to deal with this boss, and than you are ...

WHAT? Yes. You are dead. WTF ...

Dying again and again everytime it's going well 'cause you're bound to the action and therefore not watching your healthbar for maybe three turns - that's so frustrating! It's this "this is so f***in unfair" feeling I do hate in games. I want to have fun, not beeing in a bad mood after playing. And that's a gamefunkiller for sure ...