Universal [Pulled] Darkin - (by ten foiled hats)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 14, 2014.

1. Yeah, best in this genre!

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Absolutely! I think this game is only missing two things. A good story and something that alerts you when you are low on health. It would be awesome if you are under 25 or so health the screen would show that your about to die. Like some kind effect that you see in many games when you are about to die.

3. BohemianCoast

BohemianCoast Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    #103 BohemianCoast, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
    I'll second the PDP recommendation (I'm a very big fan) but it's a build-3 not a match-3 -- think Triple Town with combat. Note that it did get an update not long ago that added (rare, expensive) piece movement, which gave it a new lease of life for me.

Downloaded Darkin at 00:01am (I'm in the UK) and am pretty pleased so far. As others have noted it sheds the recurring abilities of DR which is probably good because some builds were just better and once you learnt them there wasn't much point doing anything else. It also sheds equipment which was mostly chrome rather than gameplay. And it loses pre-game tweaking and many character classes but of course that came in an update rather than in the original game.

But overall I am very happy because I have been sadly missing Dungeon Raid (but not so much as to be able to stand how it looks on my Retina iPad Mini) for a long long time.

4. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Wonder if they forgot to check an option or something?

5. reweblind

reweblind Active Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Graphic Artist
    Philippines
    I hope that's the case my friend... I hope it's not those kinds of games that are just exclusive for some countries. That's how some big named companies do (ie. Warner Brothers, Cartoon Network) on certain games.

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I did figure that my game loaded to the same place but I hadn't closed it in multitasking so was unsure if that was the reason unlike losing my game before.

Unlocked all 3 modes now and assassin but so far only 1 ability for assassin and 1 for reaper.

7. reweblind

reweblind Active Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Graphic Artist
    Philippines
    from the DEVS!

Got a reply from the devs of ten foiled hats:

thanks for the KUDOS it should be there in a couple of hours !
    We are really happy that you want to play it.

Have a great day / night

Nate
    - ten foiled hats team

-------------

Cannnnnnnttttt wait!!

8. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Just bought it and looking forward to play!

9. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Yup I know, Scribblenauts tools more than a year to get here. Let's hope lol.

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm actually curious why this game is over 200 MB :\ Didn't realize it was so big. Dungeon Raid is way lower rez but it's only 17 MB.

I just noticed because I'm cleaning out my ipod so I can install Record of Agarest War. This game's size is quite surprising considering that it's not too heavy on the graphics.

11. CliffAhead

CliffAhead Active Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Says 60MB in the TA app.

Not available in Singapore app store as of 1min ago :(

12. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    I have bought this game but have yet to play it, I just wanted to chime in with this:

Dungeon Raid will never, ever, ever, EVER be 'dated' or out of touch. Period. In the last two weeks alone I have made two more people dangerously addicted to DR on their Android phones. Dungeon Raid will never die.

13. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    I've only played a couple if hours, this game definitely is head and shoulders above recent match 3 hybrid attempts. Can't really nail down exactly why the others did not scratch the same itch as DR or 10000000.

I think it has to do with fluidity of the actual line drawing/matching.

Or how great and seamless the tutorial is or that it works and looks amazing on iPhone or iPad or the fantastic music or the interesting unlocks and upgrades or the ability right from the start to play easy, normal, hard or...

Maybe it's the whole package, that it's obvious the devs took the time to integrate things so smoothly for it to be so polished right at launch.

Hype is dangerous, however meeting and exceeding hype is so refreshing.

Ps. I was not a beta tester, just a happy gamer that finally found the right match3 game after searching for so long.

14. soundshaper

soundshaper Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2013
    I guess no chance for it to pop up in these "forgotten" AppStores... No Europa neither... But really don't under tam why they don't put them up in these AppStores ??? Even a very small indie & unknown developer has their 1 and only game in every possible AppStore know on earth but many Dev just ignore us!!!??? But y? I can't get Call of Duty on iOS nor the 2 new Warhammer 40k that just came out... Although I didn't hear anything good from them, I'd still like to try them out... but mainly here, I love RPG style Match-3 and just REALLY don't want to miss out on Darkin here :(

15. We're not really sure what happened but it should be out everywhere by now =D. There was a large maintenance on iTunes Connect yesterday, perhaps that had something to do with it. We've already received a report from Ecuador that it's on the App Store there.

Which country are you from? We're seeing it on the German store.

Worry not, we haven't forgotten about anyone!

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yep, it's out in Lebanon now. :)

Superb, superb little game. Little sad to see Dungeon Raid become almost near TOTALLY irrelevant now, but what can you do. It still rocks Openfeint, doesn't have leaderboards anymore, doesn't have widescreen support and was never made universal. Now all I need is Darkin on Android and it's a sad goodbye to Dungeon Raid forever. :(

17. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I thought the stat upgrades bought were perm. Whoops, oh well. Enjoying myself a lot this morning with this title.

18. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Yay downloading on the Uruguayan store now!

19. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    As others have said it feels like Dungeon Raid 2.0. If you like match 3 games then this is a no brainer. Well done devs

20. Lebanon and Uruguay, excellent! Sounds like it's finally available worldwide =D