iPad [Pulled] Dead Space - (by EA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jan 24, 2011.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yep. As a fellow 2G owner, it sucks that survival is for 3GS and up only. First time I remember a game having a mode that's got different hardware requirements than the rest of the game. Oh well, I'm sure survival has a lot more going on on the screen. And with graphics as good as they are (even on 2G), I can see why it may need more processing speed.

2. powersurge

powersurge Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Pensacola, FL
    Yeah you don't need any of the IAP to play its just there to give you a boost/cheat if you want it. (I haven't bought any of the IAP stuff)

Quick question though for those who have finished the game. Can you somehow carry over your upgrades to a hard mode play through? It appears the only new game+ option is just to replay normal mode or start a new save slot for hard mode.

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Nope. It wouldn't really be hard mode anymore, now would it?

4. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Doodle jump did it with multiplayer. But on topic, the new mode seems incredible and puts this update in a similar league to the infinity blade one. Still have not played the game yet though. Waiting for my 4g, got through the tutorial in on my first gen and decided it would just be better on a newer device. Can't say it would be on my wishlist anyway had it not gotten glowing reviews from sites and recommendations.

5. jcpazos

jcpazos Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Software developer
    Mexico
    Where is Heavy Pulse Rifle?

Hi

Where I can find the Heavy Pulse Rifle?, I can not find in the DLC or in the game.

Thanks

6. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    They can only be purchased in the Tram Stations stores where you purchase suit upgrades, ammo, etc.

7. Nutsworm

Nutsworm Member

May 12, 2011
    Student
    AKL, NZ
    I was deeply touched when I watched the video last night, I got the same qustion mark about EA's intellengence!!! Geat game and worth 2.99!!!!!!

8. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    To answer the initial posters question, I've finished the game 3 times with
    NO Iap's required.

All of my upgrades carried over to the harder difficulty each time I finished it.
    I'm getting ready to do the nightmare mode and still have everything I
    purchased in previous games unlocked.

9. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    To play Nightmare mode, you have to start on a fresh slot. Everything you purchased in previous slots won't be carried over, unless they're IAP.

And yep, for those that loved and finished the game in Hard mode, Nightmare mode is another reason to beat the game. Loving every minute of the insane difficulty. Then again, I'm one of the few that loved every minute of Dead Space iOS and wish it's longer or won't even have second thoughts on paying real money if its for an extended campaign. But nevertheless, glad EA gave us a kickass update and wish this is not the last.

10. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]

+1... hehehe...

I just beat my first Hard Mode playthrough last week... and just started my Nightmare campaign last night... so far it's not too much harder... but I'm only starting the 2nd chapter... can't wait to hit chapters 4 + 5... really hoping I can beat the boss... it was such a pain on Hard... =oP

I would also pay for an extended campaign, so EA, if you're reading this... ADD ON TO THIS GAME AND TAKE MORE OF MY MONEY!!! =oD

11. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    Cool! If you're good in Hard, you'll get the hang of Nightmare. The trick is just to watch your health while also conserving ammo. Totally kickass! Now the giant beasts are kicking my ass though. :D

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    ha... yeah... that's how I got through hard mode...

I keep telling myself... "stay calm... deep breath... they can't really hurt you..." otherwise I just start shooting at everything...

13. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Finished this game at last... its was a cool console experience on iPhone, took me 3 hours and a half to do this, i beated the original Dead Space on PC and this is no less... has all the ingredients of the original and on a cellphone, its impressive. If your looking for a console experience on iOS, look no further

14. Teleeda

Teleeda Active Member

Jan 11, 2010
    San Antonio, Tx
    How long did you survive on the survuval mode?

Best time so far (sorry that it's sideways!)

Attached Files:

15. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    #1015 seyoon, May 29, 2011
    Last edited: May 29, 2011
    Sweet! Looks like I'll have something to beat. I'll use Nightmare. :D

Edit: Ok, just made it past the 9 minute mark using Nightmare. Your stats are still kickass though. And I only found 1 brute.

Attached Files:

16. Teleeda

Teleeda Active Member

Jan 11, 2010
    San Antonio, Tx
    Thanks! I love this game!

17. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    I think I encountered a bug or should they say, an "easter egg". Suddenly I have too many nodes :eek:. I'm still gonna try to recreate it. Don't wanna spoil it here so for those curious, just PM me.

18. Teleeda

Teleeda Active Member

Jan 11, 2010
    San Antonio, Tx
    Same thing happened to me with the nodes

I know what you mean. The same thing happened to me. But I think its the iPhone version only. I tried it on my iPad but it didn't work.

19. Supper001

Supper001 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2011
    Sportsman
    This is really a visually striking game. The sreenshots definitely have me hooked.

20. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    I'm doing it in both iPad and iPhone. :)