iPad [Pulled] Dead Space - (by EA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jan 24, 2011.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, I'm thoroughly disappointed in EA on this one. This was easily one of their best iOS games. I'm on a iPhone 6 iOS 8.4.1 and Dead Space crashes on launch for me. I actually never got to finish it, and it looks like I may never get the chance. And yet we can still open and play much older games on the App Store. Really bummed. I hope EA come back to this one some day... once all of the stupid F2P stuff loses its appeal to people. I hope I live long enough to see that happen.

2. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    I'm not having any problems playing this with full soud on my iPad4. I'm trying to rush through it, like many others, I didn't finish it the first time I bought it... still an amazing experience, even after all these "years" of being out.

For a game that somewhat captures the experience, Dead Effect 2 does a pretty good job of marrying Dead Space with a zombie game. It's pretty light on the F2P aspects, but is still a blast!

3. wookies1979

wookies1979 Member

Dec 23, 2013
    That's interesting, the sound works on iPad? Are you on the latest iOS?

4. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    Yes, 9.whatever it is. I have an iPad 4, so not a 64-bit device?

Those crazy monsters jumping out at the shadows, roaring in the headphones... still scary!

5. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Confirmed still working on iPhone 6s Plus. Really weird to pull this. This is easily one of the best games in the history of the app store, and from a better era of premium games. I guess that's why they pulled it. Can't let people realize reasonably priced premium full experiences existed for a buy it once price.

6. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Yep... One of the VERY best gaming expierence a I've ever had on iOS. From the golden age of gaming... =(

7. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    I'm really thankful for whoever bumped this. After reinstalling it to see if it still worked I haven't stopped playing. To this day it still stands out. The fact that this came out FOUR YEARS ago come this Sunday is mindblowing! Serious cheers for the team behind this one. Serious jeers for the team who introduced the gun microtransactions and junkbots into Dead Space 3

8. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    So I just reinstalled this from my purchased list to my iPhone 6s 9.3.2 and it has only a few sound effects and no other audio. Is this happening for anyone else with iPhone 6s 9.3.2? This is still one of my favorite games on iOS and I was looking forward to another play through on the new hardware

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    iOS incompatibility. One of the reasons it got pulled. Seems the revenue wasnt enough to pay the devs to keep updating the game.

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    That's unfortunate.. I can honestly say this imo is the best 3rd person shooter on the AppStore. The quality and gameplay is like AAA game material. With lots of bonus modes and NG+ you basically have the full package. I hope they'll rerelease. Wouldn't even mind paying for it again.

11. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    No doubt.... This is one of the best games I've ever played on iOS. To be honest after I beat it... METROID showed up on the screen for a few seconds... It was brilliant. A truly truly fantastic game. If anyone reads this and enjoys these types of games do yourself a favor and get it! Don't read about the game so it doesn't spoil the story unfolding..

12. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Man.... such a bummer about the sound

13. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Yeah, the menu sounds are fine.

:(

14. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    On my ipad4 it still works fine. I keep thinking im going to go finish it... then Heroes & Castles II happens or something else, like work or children or kids... sheesh real life :D