iPad [Pulled] PuzzleQuest Chapter 1 and 2 )by TransGaming)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by currymutton, Dec 23, 2008.

1. MintCity

MintCity Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2016
    I bought the original Puzzle Quest when it came out for the Nintendo DS. I played it constantly and even named my Runescape character "Puzzlequest". When I saw this on the hot new games I flipped out and then I found out it's still not available to those who didn't have it in their purchase history from the past...literally crushed... Ha ha.

2. Gabriel.Voyager

Gabriel.Voyager Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Turin - Italy
    I've it installed and working on my ipad mini retina 9.3.3 but not on my iphone 6S and i can't download from my purchase :(

3. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    It's working fine on my iPhone 6S thus far (I'm on the iOS 10 beta).

I was shocked to see this in my purchase history. I don't remember buying it or playing it but there it was! Heck I went ahead and bought the third chapter in case it disappears too.

4. HippoHumper

HippoHumper Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2013
    So can you not purchase this game of you hadn't already bought it when it first appeared in the App Store? The TA link doesn't work and when I search "puzzlequest" and "puzzle quest" I can't find this particular game only the sequel

Oh. Nvm it says it's not available in the U.S. App Store so maybe it's not coming to U.S. or at least not at the moment.

5. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    #765 Misguided, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    Of course, but not for the iOS version. See for yourself:

http://toucharcade.com/2008/10/01/puzzle-quest-challenge-of-the-warlords-coming-to-iphone/

Can't believe you guys are saying this is working. It has been greyed out on my phone for ages and would crash out when I tried to start it. (Edit: icon not greyed out on iPad, but game locks after launch with pop up box asking permission to store data on translating servers)

6. bigE1669

bigE1669 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    IT
    Ill
    I saw this thread and decided to download it from my oooold purchased apps. I bought this when I had an iPod Touch 2nd Gen. To my delight it's working great on my iPhone 6 iOS 9.3.3.

7. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Apparently I don't have the most recent version. Doesn't appear to be any way to update.

8. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #768 Gwarmaxx, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    Ch.3 came out as an app or an IAP inside Ch.1+2 version? i've got the third chapter inside 1+2 version.
    however Ch.1 and Ch.1+2 was different apps, i have both on my purchase history, the first one searching as Puzzle Quest, the second one as Puzzlequest. btw, i've got both free in those days, check here.

http://appshopper.com/games/puzzle-quest-chapter-1
    http://appshopper.com/games/puzzlequest-chapter-1-battle-of-gruulkar

works perfect, also purchases (i've bought Ch.3 at one buck yesterday), however i'm on a 4S iOS 7.1.2, it is more feasible.

9. minameismud

minameismud Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    not available anymore? can't find it on my iPhone's app store, and the AppShopper link redirects to a generic iTunes page.

10. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

yeah, both pulled long time ago.

11. pisiform

pisiform Active Member

Aug 10, 2014
    If you can get a copy though it's worth it. It's genuinely my most played game on the iPhone as has never been deleted. In fact this thread makes me want to give it a go again.

12. RedBlueFire

RedBlueFire Member

Mar 1, 2013
    I just beat puzzle quest challenge of the warlords for PS4 is this any different?

13. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    So if i dont owned it before i can not buy this now?

14. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I didn't get it when it was released on iOS unfortunately.
    But at least I have it on my pc.
    It is by far a better game than Puzzle Quest 2.

15. carlskie

carlskie Member

Feb 15, 2015
    Where can i download this? With the chapter 3? I cant find it on my appstore and the appshopper link say it was been removed

16. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Greed sucks. Threads like this just sap the life from me, seeing how great things like Puzzle Quest no longer gets support because it doesn't have the IAP that current offerings (Puzzle Quest 2) need to stay afloat in today's market.

Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I really am.

17. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    It's the same game.

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords is available on a ton of platforms. XBLA, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP/Vita, DS/3DS, Wii/Wii U (all via Backwards Compatability) and PC & Mac.

If you guys really wanna play it it's pretty easy to get ahold of and for cheap, too. I think it's different enough from PQ2 to warrant a look, it even has some better elements.

Both of the premium PQ's are better than any of the F2P PQ's, IMO. Athough I haven't tried the premium version of Marvel on PS4, yet. MTG PQ is an interesting take, though.

The original Puzzle Quest devs went on to make Gems of War, which is actually better than the F2P PQ's, IMO.