iPad [Pulled] PuzzleQuest Chapter 1 and 2 )by TransGaming)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by currymutton, Dec 23, 2008.

1. drixz

drixz Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    I think I did...

But the problem is, the game should be able retrieve my character's data automatically from the server. I tried to push my luck by reopening the game a few more times but still no go.

I had my WiFi connection turned on btw.

2. 78er

78er Member

#82 78er, Dec 26, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
    Thats "normal". When u lost the match, u die. When ur iPhone stuck or freeze, u die too. If u die, u lost ur character. Cannot uderstand why is there something like "save my ass on server" if isnt used in the game. My iPhone crash with my character on lvl 25 (all quests solved, all castles captured) and i lost my baby. Now i cannot build new hero with same name, because program remeber the name what i used previously...

3. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    This game keeps sounding worse and worse. I'm definitely not getting it now. :p

4. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Stop it guys!
    You are scaring me! :(

5. 78er

78er Member

Ok, this game is bit buggy but still its the best match-3 baby around! If you want spend dozen hours with playing featuring coffee, redbull and ctp.morgan with cola (my gamers combo) -- just take it! :)

6. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    When you lose, you do NOT lose your character. It just tells you you've lost. You don't lose anything, which shouldn't be so, but hey, i don't want to be fighting the same orc over and over again until I beat it whilst losing a ton of gold. It's a really fun game! I'm not sure where the limits are though, as i've only progressed a LITTLE into the story, but all the sidequests are taking me hours to do. Judging by the 20 hour STORYLINE prediction, if you do all the sidequests, you should be into many more hours. So don't be turned off by this.

7. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    +1

There are even mini games when you start to buid structures... A lot of content! Awesome!

8. 78er

78er Member

#88 78er, Dec 26, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
    I lose game 1st time when i was on lvl 13 and i lost my hero. I dont see him into my "Change hero" list and "Continue Quest" button in main menu was greyed and dissabled. Only one way was create new hero. Program just tell me, when i create hero with same name like the previous. Now im on lvl 25 (i restore backup of my iP) and i dont know what can i do now. All quest i have done, all castles are defeated. I cannot take more XP but only one quest what i see is available on lvl 45. So, maybee i must w8 on chapter 2. Do you have some hint?

[​IMG]

9. drixz

drixz Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Yeap that's exactly the same problem I had! Except that the game did not prompt anything when I create another character with the same name as my vanished character...

Anyway I've sent an email to transgaming's iPhone support and received an email from their managing director, stating that they are looking into the savedgame issue.

Fingers crossed that a patch will be coming soon to save my day!

10. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    That's scary, I hope my char will make it. ;)
    Any word on when chapter 2 will be released?

also anyone noticed the review on StP? It was devastating, I don't think it does the game justice.

11. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I've just read it.

They are right indeed. Could be "2" instead "1" rating.

The fact is that some companies are not taking iPhone seriously (we've already said that before).

Puzzle Quest and Crystal Defenders could be major hits if they were a real iPhone version rather than a poor port.

I have both and I enjoy both of them but still remains that feeling that those games could look fantastic along with their already great gameplay.

It's sad... :(

12. sygg

sygg Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Puzzle Quest is ok, though some bugs. But crystal defenders need big updates.

13. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    What is StP - not familiar with that site and I'm curious to see the review.

14. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
  15. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I think they sound as disappointed with it as I was. They said it was one of their favorite games of 2007, but it seems like the developers ported it mostly just to get it out there than to actually make a quality iPhone game. I think it sums it up pretty well in the last paragraph.

Even though I do agree with the review, I think I'd have given it at least a 2. It's not that bad... :(

PS I don't want/mean to start any fights over this. This is how I truly feel about the game and it's my opinion, so don't take my silly opinion too seriously, lol. :D Also, I don't think the text is that hard to read, but it could be improved.

16. Darthus

Darthus New Member

Dec 27, 2008
    I've also had a problem with it deleting characters. My girlfriend and I have been creating separate characters and switching off and it seems to delete one of our characters every so often for no discernible reason. I make sure to exit the game fully, it says it's saving my hero, I open it up again and the continue button is grey. I go to change hero, it sometimes has a + sign floating above an empty character panel, and if I hit to the left or right, it only shows one of our characters. This doesn't happen every time, but it happens often enough to make the game unplayable. Hell, I'm totally fine with the shoddy port to have Puzzle Quest on my iPhone, but deleting characters? No way.

And yeah, I get the same thing where if I try to remake the character, it says the name is already in use. Any ideas anyone? Sounds like a pretty insane bug.

17. Shroud

Shroud Active Member

Dec 20, 2008
  18. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    I have to agree with some people here; Puzzle Quest def. has a TON of bugs that need to be addressed (if they expect me to by the other chapters) But the GAME is def. there. I had to get rid of my ds a while back and I missed this game a ton. It feels great being able to play this game again with the additional content.

For a lot of you, just wait for the bug fixes before purchasing, that way the developers aren't being paid until they do their jobs properly.:cool:

19. SydneyS

SydneyS Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Student/Classroom Aide
    Philadelphia
    So I got some iTunes money and bought it on a whim. Amazing. I would give it a great rating based on gameplay. Totally worth the purchase! I can read the text fine and the gameplay is so great. Sure there are some glitches, but worth a purchase for sure

20. Duke

Duke Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Just recently bought and Iphone and one of the first games I looked to see if they had available in the Itunes Strore. Unfortunately it didn't at first...but a week later and voila!

Really looking forward to buying this, waiting for the first of the month so I have some more cash, but I loved this on my PSP. Seems like the absolutely perfect game to just sit and spend 15~ minutes on every now and then. Unlike most though, I'm really going to resist just sitting and playing through it. I want to save my Iphone games to use during my 'in-between' time (which we have a lot of in the military =/).

I have good vision, so since quite a few are saying they have no problem reading the font, I figure I won't either.