Universal [PULLED]Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions (by Disney)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 26, 2015.

1. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

+1 on not being able to sync progress between devices.

2. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I'm getting a can't download message from the US app store. Anyone else?

3. brighteyes74

brighteyes74 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    How do u use to the lightsaber to defend shots and reflect them back or somewhere else.

4. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Face the enemy and don't press anything. It'll deflect the smaller enemy shots automatically. But the bigger shots will still hit you.

5. Duckster

Duckster Active Member

May 30, 2012
    I'm really loving this, gameplay reminds me of my old Super Nintendo Star Wars games.

6. istako

istako Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    I doubt its because I am not a Star Wars fan and I just dont get the hype. Sure, its free and has a more than deacent ammount of content, but the floaty controls bug me. Also, I dont get praising a game for just bring a good combination of unoriginal mechanichs. Sure, its good, but I dont agree its that good. But any SW nerd or most kids would surely enjoy it.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    If it didnt have star wars visuals i would still enjoy it as i love a good 'run n gun' style game. I'm not a He Man fan but their last game was again another excellent run n gun style platformer.

This game however also gets a lot of praise as its not freemium like other Star Wars apps and its a lot better than 'most' of the new SW apps on iOS.

Take away the star wars imagery and i would still really enjoy it being a platformer with a lot of content

8. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Agreed. Take away the Star Wars content and I'd probably enjoy it even more! I fell asleep watching the original movie in the theater when I was a kid.

9. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    yeahhhh, you're right pal!!!

i was a great fan of that old LucasArts/JVC trilogy, imo among the best platformers in videogame history.

i can't understand how could finshed the first one, Super Star Wars, it was really really hard and it didn't have any codes or a battery for saves (ESB & ROTJ came out with codes).
    Anyway, i've replayed them in my iPhone with Floppy Cloud (can save there :cool:), and still remain great gems!!!

Rebels is almost at the same level, great platformer, great challenge, great atmosphere!!!

10. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Just started watching Star Wars Rebels earlier this week, so I was super excited to see that the game is good. Played through the first level, then immediately bought everything. I'm more of a Trek guy, but good sci-fi is good sci-fi. Also, I like the gameplay on this a little better than X-Men DOFP, and I care about the property more than He-Man, so this is a big win for me!

11. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Updated, re-booted my 5s and played level 24 with even more lags than before...argh!
    Unfortunatelly no new control option available as well. Fast device overheating and battery draining remains the same. Worst and most useless update i've ever experienced on my side...and yet, it's still a top platformer, can't help myself.

@Devs
    Will there be a customizable controls update? If not, i keep playing to finish this off to make some space for (very near) future big/ger sized games.

12. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

It seems to thrash my battery a bit less after the update. Customizable controls would be great for the next update.

13. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Just finished watching season 1. I really like this show. I'm glad I can continue that with this game.

Also, I don't really have a problem with the controls as they are, but I think customizable controls are always a good thing.

14. drklrdbill

drklrdbill New Member

Apr 4, 2015
    Sabine - Explosive Blaster Bolts

Man, I've gotten my money's worth out of this game, haha.

Has anyone figured out how to get the credit towards Explosive Blaster Bolts boost for the little achievement/mission in-game? I can't ever get it to work even when it's activated.

Also, has anyone gotten the achievement for beating level 12 without taking any damage? I did it with Kanan (didn't even get hit once, not sure if the mission means do not lose any life, or do not even get hit when you have a shield, but I got through it without even taking a hit to my shield). That was very frustrating for it not to unlock as it took a LOOOONGGGG time to beat that perfectly.

If any of you guys need help with the game, I've gotten all the golds on Ezra/Kanan campaigns, and working on Sabine's campaign right now.

15. ictoanen

ictoanen Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    How do I do double damage? I've encountered a few rooms where the game told me double damage would be helpful but no explanation as to how to do double damage.

16. REALglitchsoft

May 21, 2014
    Ottawa, Canada
    Good question ictoanen. Double damage is a boost that you can acquire by finding the appropriate citizen and rescuing them. There are many puzzles like this scattered throughout the game that require specific boosts.

As an aside, and this isn't strictly game related but sort of. As a company, we had a launch party when this game was released and we decided to build a massive blanket fort in our office. We took a time lapse of it: https://youtu.be/mpppmPDqFvQ

17. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I respect you even more now. And I didn't think that was possible.

18. ictoanen

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    Thanks! There is a citizen hiding in mission 12 that I can't find. Do you have any tips?

19. ictoanen

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    Never mind, found the citizen.

20. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    If you guys are able to continue making games with this license, I'd love to see a turn-based RPG within this universe. After watching the series a couple times, I can see that the character development and many "missions" would lend nicely to a full RPG with many battles and maybe some flying thrown in to break up the monotony. Anyway, just a suggestion!