Universal Punch Quest - (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 24, 2012.

1. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    Spent the money for the hats.
    Supporting you guys as always!

2. Themagicjesus

Themagicjesus Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    This is how you make a "freemium" game! I use that term lightly because this not another terrible pay wall game. The game is smooth, fast paced, has a ton of upgrades that are all easily gotten in the game, and is just a blast.

If you are a fan of games and of free, you need to pick this up.

3. Hero211

Hero211 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Update

[please add retina support for iPad 3 would be amazing

4. thesmashingone

thesmashingone Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Also, I never expected this game to have portrait mode. It actually works quite well, unlike The Blocks Cometh. Good job on giving more options to players, RocketCat Games and Madgarden!

5. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    This. Game. Is. So. Addicting. Oh. My.

6. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Same. Bought He-Man, liked it, but I simply can't put this game down. It's just too good.

7. Fep52

Fep52 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    #87 Fep52, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
    What a great game; an extremely polished and fun title, which further reinforces Rocketcat as one of the best developers in iOS land (not to discount the contribution of madgarden).

If there is anybody left who after playing this hasn't delved into Rocketcat's back catalogue, I implore you to shell out a few extra dollars and try them all. Punch Quest certainly isn't a fluke, these guys have been doing it for years.

Whilst I'm still not convinced by the free-to-play, IAP mode of delivery, I can understand the developers desire to expand their fan base. I only hope that anybody who "takes a chance" on this game and enjoys it supports these developers by laying down at least a dollar.

I've got to echo the sentiments of the other forumites and complement the score, it really is a great soundtrack.

Also, socking the skull boss in the jaw with a well-timed uppercut is what gaming is all about.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It is supported >__>

9. Barefoot

Barefoot Active Member

Nov 14, 2009
    This game is awesome must play more...

10. iGamersBox

iGamersBox Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Graphic designer
    #90 iGamersBox, Oct 25, 2012
    True i am at leader board ahh not a great score but ya i am on 17, and in highest combo i am in 7.

Game Center id iGamersBox

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    For those still on the fence, this is the more action-oriented Jetpack Joyride. Instead of jetpack movement only, in Punch Quest you get to brawl and at the same time use uppercuts to jump on to platforms and other things. Tons of upgrades, tons of skills, tons of unlockables, tons of missions. and it's FREE.

So just get it, and make yourself feel good.

12. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Awesome game ,I want the ability to choose between portrait and landscape in the options tho

13. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    Everything RocketCat touches turns to gold and Punch Quest is no exception - extremely fun game! That's about all I have to say concerning it...

14. Princeps32

Princeps32 Member

Feb 23, 2011
    I decided to try out this free endless punching game from rocketcat before going to sleep. I have been playing for an hour and a half. It has me in the same obsessive zen mode that Jetpack Joyride had me in last year. I will be spending some money on this game, it's good fun and deserves to be supported.

15. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    Boss battles are ridiculously fun.

16. riggysmalls

riggysmalls Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    Rave reviews for rocketcat yet again. Can't wait to see their next release!

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #97 psj3809, Oct 25, 2012
    Yep this games brilliant, love the retro style graphics, i'm not normally a fan of runners (or 'platformers' as some people call them ;) but this is a lot of fun.

Plays really well, nice small filesize, great game. Only negative is the 'send score to twitter' button (you dont have to click on it), i cant stand the way games try to integrate facebook or twitter. If i was following/friends with someone who kept constantly posting their scores i would delete them in an instance.

18. rpgmind

rpgmind Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Amazing game- sooooo much fun!!!!

19. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I love everything about this game. Good work! I bought the $1.99 IAP to support Rocketcat but now I find myself with too many coins. It feels like it is paced good enough as is that getting 20,000 coins takes out some of the fun of playing so I am trying to only spend the ones that I earn in-game. Don't want to level up too fast. Love the boss fights. Love all the colors and the graphics. I'm going to put many hours into this.

20. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Been playing this more and more, and its fantastic. There is a lot to do, a lot to unlock, combos, music is fantastic. Pretty much my new endless addiction. I love this, hope it is a success for you, Rocketcat Games

Showed it to a friend who likes fighting games and now is draining my battery... he has a Sony something, any plans of porting this to android?