Universal Punch Quest - (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 24, 2012.

1. WooHooII

WooHooII Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    When you complete a mission, you get the value listed in both coins and XP. It's clearly doubling the coins, which is why it says 2000 instead of 1000 (the hallucinations task was already worth 1000, by the way), but I don't know if that also applies to XP.

2. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    #1062 Eoghann, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
    It's hard to say. I was under the impression it did. Coz on the 2000 missions, the bar would fill up almost twice. Maybe 1 full bar and half of the next one. Maybe it just me wishful thinking.

On a side note: Madgarden, the "games played" stat, is it total games? Because it says I've only played 18. And the previous stat "total time played" says I've clocked in almost 9 hours of gameplay...it's not quite adding up. Unless my number was reset with the update?

3. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    It shouldn't double XP. The number next to the quests is actually how many coins you get for completing that quest. Sorry for the confusion.

Also the new update is up. I'm downloading it now.

4. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    Ahh ok. I always thought that was XP. Thanks for the clarification!

5. kitrobo

kitrobo Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Manhattan
    Just got the update. Thanks for the quick turnaround for the fix! I can play again woooo!

6. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    Eoghann, I *just* added the games played stat in this bugfix update, so that's why it's so (relatively) low.

Yeah we should probably add a PUNCHOS icon next to the quest reward value, like in the loot menus.

7. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    Ahh. So it's a new stat. I thought it was me not noticing it before. Heh

And I think that would definitely clarify. All this time I was thinking that was xp so I would focus on the higher level ones thinking I would deify gnomes faster.

Is it a set amount that fills up the bar or is the amount directly proportional to the value of the mission?

8. LousyHero

LousyHero Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Hmm not sure if im missing something here, but I have my madgarden hat and the rocket cat hat is nowhere to be found. I've bought 2x iap, should be in special hats right?

9. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    It's proportional to the base (undoubled) quest reward, yes.

When did you buy the 2nd IAP? If it was after the recent update that added mystery items, then the Rocketcat hat is no longer available. So you've then unlocked a mystery item... check your hats, hair etc. for a new item at the top of the list.

10. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    If you bought them before the latest update they should be there. Otherwise you can't get them anymore. They were an early adopter bonus.

11. LousyHero

Feb 1, 2009
    Ahhh crap, no i bought the coin doubler. So no way to get the rocket cat hat now? :( Maybe eventually you all could let people who bought iap before the update have a way to earn it.

12. thesmashingone

thesmashingone Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I don't think so, unless you somehow have a Punch Quest 1 or 1.1 (?) ipa stored on iTunes. Restore that file to your iDevice to gain access to the RocketCat iAP. (Can't say this works, but I don't think they removed that iAP from the iTunes store.)

13. Eoghann

May 29, 2012
    New York
    Even if you still had an older version on iTunes (as in you updated via device and haven't synced yet), you could only install the older version if you delete the new one from your device and sync the old one.

But you'll lose all your progress. Gotta weigh the consequences if you want to get those hats.

14. The Mad Mule

The Mad Mule Member

Jul 9, 2012
    This is an odd one: after the latest update (the one that fixes crashing), the Ki Blast (Power I Skill) doesn't work any more. You block normally, but no aura of reflection is around you.

15. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    I bought the Punchos Doubler because I just plain feel bad for Rocketcat. They made such an amazing game, and were just too generous with the currency system. Normally I'd object to a $3 coin doubler, but here I had no qualms.

16. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Sigh. I was planning on having the doubler be what got me the madgarden hat... I'm really bummed, as that was the yay I REALLY wanted, I just wanted to get something more out of it, rather than (no offense) just dump money into a currency that I would prefer to earn, yakno?

Please, please, please give those of us who have put money into this game from the get go a way to get the madgarden hat, PLEASE?

17. LousyHero

Feb 1, 2009
    I seem to be having more slowdown in this update. Ive actually changed feom high to low graphic settings. However this doesnt really seem to be helping. Its odd, the only time i had slowdown previously was when gamecenter signed me in. Anyone else?

18. runliketurtles

runliketurtles Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Does the 1.2 upgrade add anything positive, or does it just increase the cost of items? I'm wondering if I'm better off not upgrading if I don't care about hats.

19. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Still didnt get the ultra hat achievement :p

20. Lance_TA

Lance_TA Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    So late to the party... so late... and this game is so awesome, so awesome :cool: