Universal Punch Quest - (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 24, 2012.

1. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Actually, that idea sounds kind of awesome. Have you thought about having a tap versus a hold do something different?

2. Rijnton

Rijnton Active Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Thanks for your reply and the great support here.

To support you I bought the Coin Doubler meanwhile.

Btw, how do I know that the Coin Doubler really works ? I ask this also because there is still a "Buy" button next to Coin Doubler in Buy Stuff.

3. The Mad Mule

The Mad Mule Member

Jul 9, 2012
    This has happened to me a few times too in the past few updates. If multiple missions were completed, then sometimes the second or third one isn't acknowledged. And when you switch "tabs" to hopefully unstick it, it reset itself. So you have to do it all over again.

4. Vestid

Vestid Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Any chance of a sale on Mage Gauntlet now I've contributed to Punch Quest?

5. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    And this is just specifically for Ki Barrage? Or does it happen with some other quests?

6. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    We avoided it because of blocking. Might try something like it again in a future game.

None planned. We never really do post-launch sales. I was thinking of making Hook Worlds free at some point, however. But we'd need time to add some stuff to it, like iPad support.

7. Fallen_Grace

Fallen_Grace Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2012
    After unlocking the upgrade Hat of Sacrifice once I finish a run and enter the hat shop all hats are not visualized,only the hero's head,I have to quit to main for them to show again.

Is it intended or a known bug?

8. agentganon

agentganon Member

Dec 6, 2011
    I can't say for certain. I think that I have experienced it before when I complete multiple quests in a single run, like The Mad Mule said, but I never paid much attention to which quests they were. Usually I just want to get back to PUNCHING as fast as possible. :)

Today was a coincidence because I noticed that I had the Ki Barrage quest as one of my current quests right after reading kitrobo's post asking if it was bugged.

Like the others have said, I was able to complete the quest in a subsequent run. I will try to take note of any extra details if it happens again in the future.

9. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    This happens with any quest involving doing anything in a single run, I.E. kill 100 enemies in a run, kill 200 enemies in a run.

Also happens with the combo quests. Get 30-hit combo etc.

10. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    That's a bug yes, forgot to put the hat back on. ;) It's fixed for the next update. And yes, just moving through menus will fix it... anything that resets the scrolling character view in the background.

11. The Mad Mule

The Mad Mule Member

Jul 9, 2012
    For me the most recent one was "Upper cut five death hand wraiths." I completed all three quests, and had just fully leveled Gnomey up at the second quest. After the cutscene, the top two quests had changed, but the third one had reset.

12. wall25

wall25 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Does anyone know when the local scores will actually upload on Game Center? Some of my higher scores are still under that category and they don't upload to Game Center at all # . Thanks for the responses!

13. CaseyRobinson

CaseyRobinson Active Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Developer
    So with the addition of pets, will we also get an accessory slot? For that barbarian belt someone was going on about a dozen pages ago, and maybe other non-hat things like a t-shirt or bow tie or super cool bandoliers.

If you make the characters complicated enough, you can sell some IAP for save slots. I'd buy that for a dollar (or two).

14. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Haha, that was me going on about the belt and viking helm. :p

Madgarden already hinted that he may include some slots for accessorizing and even saving multiple characters. Because they plan to include additional characters in the (hopefully near, once all the bugs have been weeded out) future; which I'm really excited about!

15. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Was able to re-roll my ultra hat, and I wound up getting a turban with Big Dash! Man, I'm so happy.

16. Vestid

Vestid Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    This thread is so weird. Months of rage posts against IAP and finally a game where it's not forced and pages of posts with ideas on how to milk IAP.

I'm all for the game making money but don't ruin it.

Disclosure: I bought the coin doubler.

17. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #1157 Guise, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
    No!! I just ran into a weird and vexing bug. Upon opening the game and going into the Loot section, the 6 Hats of Legend (acquired through an embarassing number of IAP-funded re-rolls) that I had were gone. Only the Rocketcat and Madgarden hats were in the Special section.

After iCloud synching, six Ultra Prize hats showed up in the section; however, they were all different hats than the ones I had re-rolled to legendary status and were just the Basic Ultra models. I'll try to attach a photo:

Is there any way to get the Hats of Legend back? I'm stumped. Kepa or Madgarden, feel free to PM me if necessary.

Attached Files:

18. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #1158 Guise, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
    Sorry for the double. Now after closing and re-starting the game, instead of the 6 Basic Ultra Prizes, there are these:

There don't appear to be any hats there, just Basic None. Weird.

Attached Files:

19. hla77

hla77 Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Cloud sync is not working and Punch Quest does not appear in the backup section and I can't understand why. Any solution?

20. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    AoTY

I am dubbing this game: "Addiction of the Year, 2012".