Universal Punch Quest - (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 24, 2012.

1. jhoughto123

jhoughto123 Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Rocketcat games, you have outdone yourself with this masterpiece

2. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Great game! I picked up 6 games last night and can't get past this one.....and this one was free. So much fun. It restored my faith in endless runners.

3. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    #103 eev, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
    Dont know why this game is even compared with average game jetpack, this game is so mich better. But it is really dissapointing to see that there are one run bonuses tu buy and how expensive they are. and this in hs based game. it just says, yes it is freemium. imagine hook champ where you could buy one run boosts. and just to say, i bought iap in this game. and of you look at boosts than coin earn rate is actually not that generous. well that's what we get with this model of pricing.

4. LKR

LKR Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Earth
    This game is awesomesauce. With some extra awesome thrown in for good measure.

5. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Maybe this is just me, but has anyone else noticed that if you go to the "Loot" page right after you finish a run, when you return back to the score report page everything has reset to 0? The score itself is still saved, but the stat read-out resets.

So, not really a critical 'bug' or anything; just something of an oddity.

The game itself is beyond fantastic, though, and everyone should play it.

6. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Yes. I first noticed that in the TA Plays video. It is odd indeed but not game-breaking.

7. JamesT

JamesT Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    What are you guys finding to be the most useful skills?

8. Klonis

Klonis Active Member

Apr 2, 2011
    What's the difference about the low,mid and high perfomance in options menu?

9. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    The older your device is, the lower you should set those settings to improve performance of the game.

10. vanderrlay

vanderrlay New Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Great game, but do you power slam? I've got the upgrade but never seems to do it?

11. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Game Impressions

For me, Mage Gauntlet instilled quite a lot of trust in Rocketcat's ideas and ability to see them to fruition. Even so, I figured Punch Quest would just be an endless runner with a punch attack, albeit one more varied and stylish and charming than most other runners.

S nice to be wrong. While there definitively is unbidden and unwarranted and sometimes unwanted (but also blockable) automatic forward movement, the comparably huge number of upgrades, power skills and super moves, and all the variety they bring to attacks and tactics and movement, has me forget that all I'm doing serves to help the little dude run endlessly forward, and tricks me into believing I'm actually playing a very fast-moving, and very skill-based, beat em up.

I like this self-deception.

Also, with the high rate at which we earn in-game currency in Punch Quest in mind, and how this leads to frequent new unlocks, clearly these guys can do freemium like few others. Bring on Mage Dungeons.

12. AceSox

AceSox Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Burger King D: fml
    NJ
    #112 AceSox, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
    I like Quick Slam/Power Slam/Deadsplosion for surviving but for the moving threw fast I use Big Dash/Ki Chain/Exploding Fist. The second one you have to be real wary of speeding into spikes and be ready to block or uppercut over any wraith shots.

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    And there was me just looking at the boost shop thinking how nice it was they were all reasonably priced. Seems some people just want everything available all the time.

14. LKR

LKR Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Earth
    Precisely what I was thinking...

15. AceSox

AceSox Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Burger King D: fml
    NJ
    Starting at level 9 for 10k seems steep but everything else is ok. It might not seem steep if I actually knew what leveling up did ingame besides heal half a heart.

16. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Yep. I also found it a bit odd that one's TOP LOCAL score isn't right there in stats but instead you need to fish for it on the GC or the game's own Friends leaderboard.

Lastly, while maybe just me, it took me FOREVER to figure out how to SLAM. I never knew Upper Cut becomes Slam when you hit the button again mid flight!

17. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Your top local scores can be found by tapping on the 'scores' tab on the run statistics screen, right after a run finishes. It's on the far right, after 'stats' and 'quests'

18. bg1

bg1 New Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Awesome

The game is awesome sauce. You guys did it again! :D

19. kitrobo

kitrobo Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Manhattan
    yea I wonder as well.. I try to do this but I never can time it right. Is this skill glitched?

20. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    You need much more coins to buy boosts for one run than you can earn in several games. Simple question, when you have better chances to get hs, when you can use bonuses every run or from run to run. so you can buy iap to improve that. has nothing to do with what some people want. there is enough of stuff in this game you can not buy even after buying some iaps. plus it's highscore based game, is it's not enough to be fun. Or like in previous games from rocketcat - a lot of loot to buy. and i said it's great game but sadly it's freemium model.