Universal Punch Quest - (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 24, 2012.

1. woke up this morning and saw a badge on my app store. frantically checked it hoping that it was the new update but it was only twitter :(

2. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    Twitter, those bastards. We haven't submitted it yet, but will very soon.

3. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Dream of Pixels just pushed out an update that now includes Punch Quest puzzles!

4. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Did the previous update you guys submitted get rejected or pulled? The one that fixed the gnomy over 50 issue.

5. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    We just submitted an update now to fix that, but Apple has to approve it.Usually takes about a week, but not sure if this one will make it in time because itunes closes for a week starting on the 21st. Will see.

6. TheClaff

Dec 18, 2008
    Bethesda, Maryland
    So I haven't updated on purpose because of the bug and just now when I went to play all my idols and coins are gone. I played Mondsy and everything was normal and I haven't updated on any device or even played on a different device. First time I have had that happen and makes no sense. All of my stats are also gone. Ugh.

7. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    Yes, because the currently live update was intended to FIX the data loss issue in the build you're currently playing... an issue which it looks like you just found. The main problem with the current update is that a certain situation (gnomey over LVL 50) would default your settings.

Soooo... use the SUPPORT button. ;)

8. Wicked8146

Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    In case you are not following Madgarden on Twitter, he has been posting some PQ info.

They have maxed out the space for you to see other people's avatars via GameCenter so, once the new hats/hair/Ultra Belts are added in the upcoming update, there is no more room for any new character items.

Also he posted this pic of a new hat (and belt).

[​IMG]

9. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    We're out of hat space, but I think we have a little bit more hair space and face item space.

10. Wicked8146

Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Kepa just posted lots of info on Twitter about the new update which has been submitted and may or may not make the Dec 21st App Store cut-off:

-Big changes to the pricing of everything.

-Hat re-rolls will cost 100k and come with a Tier 1 power every time.

-Ultra Hats will now always come with a power.

-Ultra Belts will come with Tier 2 powers, but they are expensive. Cheapest one is 250k.

-New mode (Spartan Mode?) will cost 250k. Start with no powers and find them at random.

-Bugfixes. Last achievements will finally kick in. Admin can restore lost idols/hats.

11. TheClaff

Dec 18, 2008
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Will you be able to restore hats/idols lost before this update? Will you be able to restore stats at all?

12. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    Only by using the SUPPORT button. Data loss can't be reversed.

13. mhoeffner

mhoeffner New Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Will existing ultra-hats retroactively get powers for those of us that have already maxed out on them?

14. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    Once you re-roll a hat without a power, it will get a power.

15. Deity X

Deity X Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Is there any way we can get a list of the price changes that will happen in the next update? I'v got some punchos saved up and I want to know if some of the items I'm eyeing are about to get more expensive and by how much.

16. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    If it's not a hat, then the price will increase. Might as well just buy the stuff you want before installing the next update.

17. Deity X

Deity X Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    So hat prices aren't changing? if so I'm gonna dump all my coins into the abilities and upgrades I'm missing. Are the ridiculous hat based upgrades going up in price?

18. WooHooII

WooHooII Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Kepa said on Twitter that the 200,000 Puncho upgrades are staying the same price, but I think the cheaper hat-based upgrades aren't.

19. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    The Upgrades (the stuff in the Upgrades section) isn't going up in price at all, I think, unless we made a typo or something. This includes the 50k, 80k, and 200k stuff. The upgrades in general already did go up in price a bit in the last update, the one where we made some upgrades just free (like the Wraith Temple and Gutspikes ones).

Gnomey won't reward hats anymore, you'll buy them for 200k. However, they now always come with a power. Rerolls will be 100k, but now also always result in a power. Gnomey will reward less coins per ascension, mostly as we figure out what kind of thing he should give now that he doesn't give hats.

Price changes will mostly affect new players, as it's generally just skills and powers that are going up. I'll also post about this via in-game popup, too. Give people time to buy stuff.

20. mdp7310

mdp7310 Member

Dec 15, 2012
    I bought the punchos doubler to support you guys. First app purchase I've ever made. That's how much I love this game. I will continue to support it. So excited for the newest update to come out. Keep up the great work.