Universal Punch Quest - (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Madgarden

Madgarden Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Galactic Game Creation Overlord
    Kitchener, ON
    League of Legends?

2. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Madgarden you said you'd give us some characters to choose from in a list to add to the game

3. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    I said "might post a few options in here in a bit." But I'm not posting anything yet. Have some ideas but keeping them to myself for now.

4. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    One of the new upcoming characters *coughs* and a teaser *coughs* on Sword of Fargoal 2? :D

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I believe so is that still coming out?

6. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Mage Dungeon by Rocketcat?

7. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    No League of Legends.

8. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

May 21, 2011
    new years eve why am i reading this forum my neighbors are so drunk i have a headache

Good news!

9. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    After playing a lot of the latest update over the break I feel like all the changes are great except the 10K punchos for Gnome ascension. Even with the sped up leveling and ascension at 50, it's a huge let down to get 10K punchos. I bought the punch doubler to support the devs but with the cost of hats now it just doesn't feel worth it to try and buy ultra hats or belts in the game. I know you guys are trying to make money but 200K for a ultra hat just seems crazy.

I still love the game but I play it for high score now and have given up on getting a lot of hats or belts.

10. Madgarden

Mar 10, 2009
    Kitchener, ON
    We'll be adjusting prices in the next update when we add more stuff.

11. quickfinga

quickfinga Active Member

May 10, 2011
    I already got the max of 8 ultra hats before the update, but now 10k for 50 levels of gnome is like a slap in the face with the new ridiculous prices for ultra belts. I stopped playing for now and wait for the next update to fix this.

12. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I'm having a blast with the new Spartan Mode as it really forces one to just ADAPT to whatever you can scrounge up like a true Roguelike!

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    A robot. Booster feet for the jump animation, huge robot arms with thin limbs and legs. Custom metallic clanking sounds on punches and most moves, with appropriate boost sounds on jump :)

14. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Yeah I kind of wish the main game was more like that. It would have let us make the menus way less complex, at least.

Some sorta robot sounds pretty cool.

PRICE STUFF:

Bumping Gnomey back up to 25-30k for his reward. Could bring him back up to 50k, but we'd want to revert the much faster leveling we gave him in the update before last. I kind of like how the faster leveling feels, though.

Might lower the cost of the new mode a bit, too. 150k sounds pretty good to me. Still not trivial to unlock.

Belts: Not sure if we should touch these. I wanted to have some items that were hard to get. I wonder what the max price for an item should be, like what would be a good balance there.

15. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    25 or 30k for the faster leveling sounds about right to me. Could we possibly see the triumphant return of Sammich Bot? It might make this game too awesome.

16. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    i put about 4 or 5 hours into this game to try to get the 250000 punchos to unlock spartan mode. but only got 175000 (even with the 2x puncho doubler)

seems like way too much.

also with getting gnome to level 50 two times for only 20000 seems like way too little.

really liked this game when it was first released, before you guys changed it to get way less punchos and jacked all of the prices skyhigh.. :(

17. Wasgo

Wasgo Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    What are some good combo outfits for Punch Quest? I've done the Magneto looking one but I'd love to see others.

18. userfume

userfume Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Dhalsim

19. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I think 25-30k punchos for each level up is good.

I know it can be a tough balance pricing things cause you want them to be just expensive enough to entice people to buy some more punchos. In my opinion, from someone who has spent a couple bucks now in IAP, it's taking me a long time to grind enough punchos for Spartan Mode so I would welcome a lower price there and a higher reward from Gnomey. I've kind of all but given up on Ultra Belts and Hats.

20. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    OMG!!! WTF is this?

[​IMG]