Puppysaurus - turned-based "collect 'em all" RPG!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by fuzzyprofessorhead, May 10, 2011.

1. lovehammer

lovehammer New Member

Jun 17, 2011
    I didnt mean to be rude.. and I really wasen't advertising, or I would have posted its name, and ect...

Ill go to my corner now...

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    By the way, how's the beta test quest going?

3. Thanks doodlejumper, but I'm sure lovehammer meant well. :)

Lovehammer, good luck! We love competition, it can only make everyone's products better. :)

While I'm here, a quick status update: We're heads down right now finishing up the single player campaign, and after that we're going to start on all the online features we have planned. We have some really cool announcements coming up, so stay tuned...

4. We're not quite ready for playtesters -- we want the single player to be nice & polished first, which will be Real Soon Now. ;)

5. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Oh, I didn't mean it like that, I just don't want to get my hopes up about a pokemon clone just to be crushed. And I didn't want everyone to focus on your game and forget about this one. :p

6. lovehammer

lovehammer New Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Sorry, about that, and to fuzzyprofessorhead, ill keep everything about it, in my own posts from now on... Ive just been kinda scared about posting monsters and etc, and having other people taking them as their own. Ill make my own thread, as we get more work done, and intill then not another word!
    The floor is all yours fuzzyprofessorhead,

7. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    any news?

8. brady3superbwl

brady3superbwl Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    I would pay that much.

9. Indeed! We hit a major milestone last night -- the single player campaign is code-complete.

We're beginning beta testing with local testers on Monday. Depending on how well that goes, I might be asking the Touch Arcade community for testing volunteers as early as the 18th. :)

We'll keep you posted!

10. Martin JF

Martin JF Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I'll volunteer. I'll be gone the 18th, but I would love to test. I do have quite some Pokemon experience, hanging out on Smogon University, discussing. Viable sets and teams for cometetive battles and such :p so I think I could help with balancing multiplayer as well. (Thats really the biggest thing on Smogon, the tiers. We balance the metagame, as Nintendo is too lazy to do it and releases overpowered pokemon...

11. doodlejumper

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    I'll get the first build with local testers since I was chosen long ago, right?

12. Well... If you happen to be in the San Francisco Bay Area, sure. But we want to actually watch the first round of testers in person as they play... Only so much metrics can tell you.

But please just be a little more patient with us, we really do appreciate your support. :)

13. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Wait, have the beta testers already been picked? Because if they haven't, can I join the beta?

14. doodlejumper

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Aww, darn I'm not. But I guess I can wait. :)

15. Heh, at this rate I'll run out of codes... But sure! The more the merrier. We haven't actually started beta yet, though. We're now testing the game from start to finish on a variety of hardware, and all sorts of new bugs are popping up... The announcement of "code complete" may have been premature. ;)

Yay Smogon! I'm a longtime lurker there, ever since they taught me what to do with Skarmony. ;) We'd definitely like to get your input on balancing (and we can even tell you the formulas so you don't have to reverse engineer them!)

Soon, everyone, I promise. :)

16. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    curretly Geo Society holds the crown for pokemon like RPG..
    I hope this can be better :p

17. Martin JF

Martin JF Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Cool :) I have to warn you though, I'm not nearly as good at Pokemon as most other people on Smogon, but I think I'm rather decent :p

Btw, Skarmory is awesome :D
    currently running a Spikes/stealth rock/Whirlwind/Brave Bird set right now, and it works suprisingly well.

18. brady3superbwl

brady3superbwl Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Ill test if you have a code sitting around anywhere lol :D

19. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Count me in for beta possibility; I recommend developer fall back to a formal application process.

20. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I'd like to be a part of the beta process too! :eek::D