iPad Push Panic - [Rerelease]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VTX, Jan 16, 2012.

1. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that we have started working on our new game 'Hyper Breaker Turbo' after the Push Panic re-release.

HBT just entered beta stage. If you're interested in helping out with the beta, please check this topic: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=182514

Thanks a lot!

2. rzdesign

rzdesign Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Illustrator & (Game) Designer
    The Netherlands
    Hey guys! Long time ago since me or Barry (VTX) posted in this topic! We have been really busy with our release of Hyper Breaker Turbo, and is out for 2-3 months already and I have been working hard on An Alien with a Magnet as well, which launched more than a week ago! So... why am I posting in the Push Panic! topic? There's a reason behind it all!

I would like to announce to you guys that we're currently working hard on... Push Panic! 1.5

Yeah! That's right! We've heard your prayers of adding iPhone 5 support, 60FPS & more! Can't say everything yet! ;) We can't tell you guys when, how, where... But I just wanted to give you guys a heads up. Also.. this will be a FREE update for everyone with Push Panic! already installed. This won't be a new game :)

We hope you'll be looking forward to when we have it done and released and we'll definitely keep you up to date in this topic! If you have any suggestions, bug reports or some other feedback. Let us know! Barry and I will be as active as possible in this topic.

In the meanwhile, check out our other two games Hyper Breaker Turbo & An Alien with a Magnet. Hopefully they'll keep you busy until we're done with PP1.5!

Expect an Official announcement soon :)

3. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Wow great , that you even have an update for push panic on the shelf ! Just goes to see how committed you are ! Glad I bought ( and enjoy) all the three games you have released. And the fact that you are Dutch is an extra plus ;-)

4. rzdesign

Apr 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    I'm really glad to read that! I always want to give the best experience to people playing games I've worked on! Thanks for buying all games I've worked on! Really appreciate it! :D

5. Breinstein

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I hope the update will give push panic a popularity boost ! Must admit that because of all the games coming out I did not play push panic for a while , but picked it up again today and am instantly hooked again! This game deserves some more attention. Although it is a matching game, the way it is implemented it gives the game a fresh feel, not to mention the game varieties ( score panic, color panic and time panic) and the different leaderboards makes this game a real (hidden) gem!

Everyone who likes addictive gameplay and games that can be played to get a quick fix ( ie in the train) should get this !

6. rzdesign

Apr 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Thanks for the kind words! We sure hope so! We're quite scared on if Push Panic's 1.5 update is enough to get things running again anno 2013. Since it's still a game from 2010. But who knows! At least we'll support you guys for playing Push Panic! And we're sure you're gonna LOVE the FULL iPhone 5 support, 60FPS, smooth gameplay and Everyplay implementation!

7. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Seems this update has finally gone live and the app has gone permanently free.

Haven't tried the update but it's a great game from the guys who went on to make An Alien with a Magnet and Hyper Breaker Turbo.

8. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    #48 henryfakesmile, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
    yea , wish every games came with that twitter API & everyplay implementation , my mum and girlfriends love this game aside fro, lollipop 3 , lol

9. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I should update… :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

There weren't "In-App Purchases" for real money in Push Panic before. They are not mentioned in the updated app description (iTunes App Store, quote below). Version 1.5 is from Jan 21.

Yes. I have fond memories of it. It was a pretty good game. Hopefully it still is. Lots of good games became freemium these days—more than ever before as much as I remember… :(

10. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa

it's just a $2 ads disabler

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Crap. As much as the update sounds good, I still truly cannot accept paid to freemium converts. I won't pay to remove ads from a game I already paid for.

And one thing that would be nice is if a dev could give warning that these kinds of updates are coming so that at the very least we could redownload the old version of the game before the update hits.

Why don't devs get that this punishes their original supporters?

12. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
  13. henryfakesmile

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    Barry said if you have the previous version installed on your device , the ads disable automatically , maybe u can try and communicate with them on twitter

14. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #54 awp69, Jan 23, 2014
    That's the whole problem with these conversions is that I, like many others, juggle apps. So those who deleted it and decide to redownload are screwed.

Sure, if you have a backup, you may be able to get it back. But with a crappy PC and iTunes being a pain, I don't.

Only way devs can truly do it right is to release a separate freemium app.

But whatever, just another dev to add to the do not trust list.

15. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #55 dclose, Jan 23, 2014
    As another early adopter who also juggles apps around (this one is currently on my iPod Touch, but not on my iPad), I do have to wonder why the dev didn't go the separate-freemium-app route, especially given the age of this one. Well now I know when I delete it from my iPod Touch, I'll be deleting it permanently. Sad, because I've followed this game, giving 5 star reviews, through it's first incarnation (without !), through the ! one, to the present.

16. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I just updated the app on my iPod Touch and I have ads! This app has been on my device since it was released. That I now have ads is completely unacceptable. So much for the dev saying existing users wouldn't have ads! I'm off to leave a 1-star rating.

17. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    That sucks. So much for existing users even with it installed getting a break. This paid to freemium crap is worse to me even more than the whole IAP debate itself.

18. Breinstein

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    This is starting to get really obnoxious. They pulled the same stunt with alien with a magnet. So this is the second game from them I paid 2,69 euro for and is afterwards converted to freemium. They stated that sales were dismal and had to do the freemium route... Well guess what, pulling this kind of stunts on your paying customers will give you even lesser sales in the future ... Yuck

19. VTX

VTX Well-Known Member

Wow guys, relax!

All these hate reactions, im sorry to read them :(

I've been working really hard to get this update out, and I don't want a seperate app as then I would have to maintain two apps when updates are released.

Anyway, for those who have already paid and stil get Ads:

Please pm me the code you see on the info screen (main menu, press the i button). On the bottom is a code, this I can use to disable Ads remotely. I've added this to disable Ads for people that already paid but still get Ads.

I hope you guys enJoy the rest of the update, as it was a lot of work to get iPhone 5 support in (due to very old code).

20. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks for the reply and resolution. I still don't agree with this approach, however. The vast majority of those who bought your game will never know this is a solution.

And, as a computer programmer, I know it's a pain to maintain two apps/programs, but I have to do it all the time. It's the right thing to do even if it is more work when you want to keep your customers happy.

Honestly, I really, really wish Apple would stop any paid game to go freemium in their review process. Maybe we need to start some kind of campaign because this is getting out of hand. And even when there is a solution, we shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get it resolved.