Universal Puzzle Craft - (by Chillingo Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 15, 2012.

1. tripleeyedsnake

Aug 20, 2012
    That may be true. It happens after I had my iPad connected to the power adaptor and in wi-fi over night. That is when it usually syncs.

It would be great if you game developers consider cloud save.

Here is a helpful article with a tip for developers: http://www.littleherogames.com/

It points out what you can do to test your game with a smaller audience before releasing an eventually bugged game worldwide.

2. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Can you at least list some of the material requirements for the later buildings?

3. Jcheckel

Jcheckel Active Member

Feb 4, 2011
    I didn't experience this, I had no problem getting them, you can't use a tool to collect them.

Currently at 41 of 45 achievements, only missing:
    Balanced Diet (not sure how to do this since I haven't seen any tools requiring apples)

King in my Castle

Death and Taxes (which bugged on me)

Gold Digger

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    The late-game buildings require late-game resources, for the most part. The castle, for example, needs 25 of each "final" resource.

The farm buildings require (mostly) farm resources - cows, pigs, etc. One thing that's universally required is Coal and you'll need a lot of silver. Wood is mostly used for tools (I had stockpiled 300+ of it, even though I sold enough to cover each farm trip's cost tenfold. I had a lot of problems with Chickens too, since you'll need them for most of the workers.

Based on my experience, save coal, silver and chickens, and the rest (for me at least) is balanced by regular games. Reading up from the previous comments, I had saved a whole lot of iron too, but I didn't need any extra of it.

Just out of curiosity, btw, what level have people built their castle on? I built it (from resources) soon after I hit
    level 25
    because I had been saving up for it since you could see what the castle required. I have all buildings built too, and about the only thing left for me to do is hire more workers for 100% completion.

5. ArsThanea

ArsThanea Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 9, 2010
    www.atgames.pl
    Warsaw, Poland
    To get this achievement you have to use every type of food on the pre-mine popup, the one where you prepare your supplies for the mine.

6. toshiX

toshiX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Just lost my data as well after spending so much time on the game. There is no guarantee that it won't happen again when I start a new game right? V disappointing...

7. tripleeyedsnake

Aug 20, 2012
    This is what Littleherogames says:
    @ArsThanea: is Puzzle Craft a worldwide launch or European only? The above method sounds like a good plan to me. // I read a lot of negative critics in the app store about people failing to get their IAP due to "server connection" error. Will this be fixed, too?

@all: if you love your town I suggest waiting until the fix is released. I can imagine it hits more people than we think now. Most of them won't complain in a forum, so it's hard to tell the actual number of occurring bugs.

8. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Apparently the lost game saves are related to iCloud. I've never used that save-sucker (Infinity Blade 2? :rolleyes: ) and over the 3 days I've played this non-stop I've had no problems.

9. ArsThanea

Patreon Silver

Sep 9, 2010
    www.atgames.pl
    Warsaw, Poland
    tripleeyedsnake

It's worldwide launch. Of course this is major bug which will be fixed with upcoming update. We found the combination which causes this bug, and it shouldn't appear in the future. Really sorry guys. As i wrote before in this topic: game was tested long time both by devs and publisher and these problems never shown up. We worked hard to get job done right this time, but we have to tested extensively again.

10. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Wow, game completely erased. Level 23, won't go into how frustrating this is, how much time wasted.

All I get is an empty village with a speech box saying 'no string' and the villagers have no heads

So...yeah... Where do I go from here. I can't have my time wasted back but I'm hoping to get my money back

11. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    "Wasted"?

I know it's frustrating, believe me, but to get to level 23 you would've had to spend a few days with the game. If you think that time is "wasted", especially for a measly $.99...

12. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Yup, I did say wasted. No inclination to play this again, a few days play and nothing to show for it, I hadn't completed the game so yeah, wasted.

[​IMG]

13. ArsThanea

Patreon Silver

Sep 9, 2010
    www.atgames.pl
    Warsaw, Poland
    Hey Guys,

If you really want to save your town - leave the game until next update. There are only few percent of people with NO STRING bug, but there's always possibility. If you want to play don't use iCloud on iOS 5.0.1+ because this is what generates problem.
    Today we send fixed build to publisher, they will tested it and then it's Apple. But we have be very careful on this one. I will keep you updated.

Hope it helps.
    Bartek

14. Ickon

Ickon Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Apparently I am one of the lucky ones that hasn't had his save file erased.
    I must say the game is great!

I have built the castle and I am working towards upgrading all the people.
    Although in the end game, iron is very rare... Makes it very time consuming to hire new villagers and train them. I'd say I get more gold and diamond than iron per game now.

15. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    I'd not use the iCloud for now but I'm afraid that if I will get it off I'll get "no string" bug. Anybody tried to disable iCloud?

16. ArsThanea

Patreon Silver

Sep 9, 2010
    www.atgames.pl
    Warsaw, Poland
    Ickon

Thank you.

This is a normal thing. When your town is getting more industrial - level1 resources are getting hard to get. So at the end is hard to get chickens, iron etc. From the other hand you have a lot of valuable resources and you can trade them in the shop. We wanted to keep gameplay changing on every stage of the game.
    Best

17. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    Are the achievement bugs fixed in the next build?

18. Ickon

Ickon Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Riiiiiiiight, the trading system... I actually haven't used it all game but now that you mention it, I think I will start using it to reach the 100% completion. That makes sense.

19. DeeBee6

DeeBee6 New Member

Aug 22, 2012
    When you recruit workers from other villages, are you supposed to give them a job? If so, how do you do it? I've only hired one, and the worker had a message bubble that said to let him know what I wanted him to do, but then he wondered off and I haven't found anything to train him, etc.

20. sooz

sooz Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Seattle, WA USA
    "finished" the game yesterday (i.e. finished all the unique buildings, got my castle). still have a few achievements to go. I am NOT using iCloud (I'm old school and back up to my computer) and thankfully haven't hit any issues with the game. Now I'm off to work on those last achievements and to start saving up for the first content update! :)

Lovely game (and I was a detractor at first.) So glad I played through.