Universal Puzzle Craft - (by Chillingo Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 15, 2012.

1. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    Someone said that the items on the map are automatically picked up when you go to another screen.

2. ArsThanea

ArsThanea Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 9, 2010
    www.atgames.pl
    Warsaw, Poland
    Confirmed.

3. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    #523 Mene, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
    ...ooops

4. Tonyzorz

Tonyzorz Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2011
    South Korea
    That's good to hear. I never noticed them because it makes really no difference when at higher stages of the game.

5. Caminagetcha

Caminagetcha Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2008
    I have a problem with Thia game... Sometimes when i return to the game my progress is All gone and i have to start over again.... Does it happen to anyone else????

6. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Thanks, ArsThanea, for the praise. It means a lot coming from the game's creator.

Yes, you are correct that this was a very challenging build. One of the biggest challenges is to manage to have enough dirt in the game to craft enough lamps to eliminate the gas in the mines in the later levels. Since I cannot build the ventilation shaft, which uses rubbles that I do not have (because my build does not have any explosion). the mining levels were extremely hard near the end of the game because of the large number of gas bubbles that appear and the rarity of dirt in those levels.

7. Lannosea

Lannosea New Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Puzzle Craft

Not satisfied with stealing money fom gamers, Chillingo have now stolen my game data too. I was playing PC earlier with no problems. Now all I get is "no string" and "null" and all my data has gone. Chillingo you are soooooooo disappointing.

8. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I've only read the first 10 pages of this thread, so I might just be repeating what others have said, but given all the "omg IAP!" posts I wanted to post my experience - I've been playing this game for hours today, and haven't needed to buy IAP or wait for the rent timer. A couple of times I've had to sell goods to get the money to go farming, but I don't see the problem with that - that's part of the game.
    And it's not too complicated (the buying/selling/collecting), it would be boring if there were fewer items.

The IAP is consumable, but it's the shortcut/cheat type - it's not needed to play the game normally, but it will let you progress quicker. So if you bought the IAP, you'd end up paying more, for less game (as you'd finish quicker).

In short, this game is great, buy it.

9. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Unfortunately you hit both of the huge bugs in the release build. Both have been fixed in the upcoming update. Contact Apple for a refund of lost IAP. As for your game data, you can wait for the update which will restore your game, or delete and restart.

10. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    You guys are being hard on the devs, they fixed it they are waiting for apple to push the patch through... Leave them alone at least they are here communicating with us, I'm buying this game after the update hits, based on ign review.

11. MrAlbum

MrAlbum Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Student
    Alaska
    I too noticed this. I made comments on pg. 18-ish, 30-ish, and 48-ish. Just in case you want to see my opinions ^_^

12. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Make sure to set aside a couple of hours of you plan to read these posts.

13. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Do I HAVE to buy the conveyor belt? I find it pointless to collect rubble this late in game. Or mid game lol. Does it open up other buildings?

Thanks in advance.

14. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    It kinda does. I didn't bother at first, but you can't get the secondary workers for gold and diamonds until you do. (The ones that mean you need less to collect a gold and diamond "chunk".)

15. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I'm tempted to install the game on my iPad to start again from scratch, to see how much effort it takes to manage to run out of gold twice before level 10. It must take quite a lot of effort, if it's even possible (without buying buildings for gold, you could just sell all your items and spend the gold on buildings I suppose). You'd have to have less than ten food (or else you'd be able to go in the mine), and you'd have to have had the exact right quantities of items to build buildings, because if you didn't have the exact right amount you'd have some left over to sell to get gold.

Found them...

lol Royce, you weren't kidding.

16. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Piked this up a few days ago. Excellent game, although one irritating bug. Just built the lookout tower in the spot right beneath the crown (place to get taxes), and now I cannot tap the crown. instead I get the tower timer/info bubble.

17. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Ah ok. I figured there had to be something else because collecting rubble just seems like a waste. Thanks man.

Heh I have a windmill beneath mine :mad: :D.

18. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I think I might give this a go

19. Tutt22

Tutt22 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    #539 Tutt22, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
    Everything is gone!!!!!! Hopefully the patch works!

20. ArsThanea

ArsThanea Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 9, 2010
    www.atgames.pl
    Warsaw, Poland
    This is what we love to read, that players challenge themselves into a game. Of course the way you finished PC proves that you can finish the game on many different ways. It can be easy or challenging - depends on you. Personally I finished it so many times and never been bored. Anyway we will think how to improve replayability in future addons.