Universal Puzzle & Dragons (by GungHo O. E. Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Back 5

Back 5 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    I went on a stone splurge one of those days during Christmas when they had a Gods special. I ended up getting a Viper (very useful so I was happy) Indra (never have used it, not very helpful) and Susano (never have used it, not very helpful).

So I do have a God to use, but I only use the Viper for mask dungeons so far.

2. Alfalfa

Alfalfa Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    #2322 Alfalfa, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
    thanks :D should i be upgrading my units as much as possible? I have the starter hero and a rare that i got out of the machine from the tutorial. Im just worried that some of my units may start maxing out and my efforts will be pointless .-.

3. digitalrice

digitalrice Active Member

Jul 18, 2012
    The Orochi Viper God. What a sexy beast.

You don't know just how bad i need / want that on my roster.

4. DonPerion

DonPerion Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Most evo will be had during tgeir weekly events. Yea focus ranking up and spare stam should be used advancing or the tricolor special dungeons for cash.

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Great!

6. xelios

xelios New Member

Dec 13, 2012
    USA
    #2326 xelios, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
    Friends

I just hit Rank 67 so I have unlimited friends now, would love to have more.

My leaders are:

• Level 77 Ancient Dragon Knight
    • Amaterasu Ohkami next Tuesday (need one more Keeper of Light, everything else is set)

I'll be switching between the two from time to time so if you think they'd be any use to you, I'd love to have you on my list regardless of your rank or what enemy you're using at the moment.

7. witedahlia

witedahlia Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Thanks. I go by the name siren in the game and I'm going to try and add you today

8. Back 5

Back 5 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Where can I farm Big Baddie to level up my Vampire skill?

9. Slottm

Slottm Active Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Sent you an invite xelios - I have a lvl 98 ADK...im sure itll be 99 soon enough :)

10. Back 5

Back 5 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    I'd still like this question answered, but an additional question for some of the top players such at Tobias and Slottm etc.

How are you guys at such a high level? I believe I have started playing not too long after you all, but I am way behind in rank and quality of monsters.

Slottm is lvl 128 with an ultra high ADK with a ton of + stats. Tobias is 128 as well and has max ability every monster it seems.

Are we playing a different game? I'm only rank 86 (log in bonus of 63ish I believe) and with all the monsters that I am trying to evolve and level up, I'm always short on cash so I need to run gold dungeons on the weekends.

I'm only up to Hyperion Laval Flow as well for normal dungeon, so I don't have access to the higher levels as of yet.

Is there a better strategy for the game?

11. rod-

rod- Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Back5: you need to evolve your own big baddies for vampire feeding. Wait for 1/2 Stam dark dungeon and just go bonkers. Keep the baddies and their ev mats.

For everything else, it's probably mostly a snowball effect, combined with heavy cash spending. Ranking up is really a matter of running exp-effective dungeons all the time when you don't need to be farming Evo mats or whatever all the time and getting 10exp/stamina.

Also read wiki and puzzleanddragonsforum in case you have missed something. Managing your gold is actually not that difficult without running weekend dungeons at all. There are a few experience/feeding guides that cover this pretty well from a few angles.

12. valariel

valariel Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2011
    basically it's no secret that everybody waits for the weekend to farm the 1/2 stamina tower of giants to level up, ~1.5k exp for only 3 stamina. i'm pretty sure the higher level dungeons beyond hyperion lava flow gives around the same exp per stamina but they are much harder to complete.

tower of giants also give you about 4-5k gold per run including selling of the trash egg drops..

13. tobiasdu

tobiasdu Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Back 5: I don't think I am that fast in leveling up. I have played more than 60 days now and I'm rank 128. The administrator in the FB group has played 30 days and is rank 139, he has already maxed his Parvati and Ametarasu, can you believe that? As to the IAP, I spent $60 on Xmas for 85 stones. Spend 80 on rolling, got 2 gods. The rest 5 goes to my box. The gods I got were Katgusuchi and Parvati, both I cannot fit in my team. But I did get something useful for my team, a Fenrir Knight Kamui and a mystic dark knight. I won't count myself lucky on the rare eggs. And I think 60 dollars can't count as heavy cash burning.

I think the tip for efficient leveling is simple: focus on one thing, get it done before you move to the next. In the first 5 weeks of my game, the water team is all I have. I started with Plesios, and get a Viper Orochi and Siegfried afterwards, so clearly the game wants me to play water team. I was lucky to farm a siren early in the game. After I got Siren, I spent a whole week doing nothing but farming marine goblins, and then I maxed her skill. After that, I just farm water pendras and sapphire dragons. I don't even bother with metal dragons, ruby dragons and emerald dragons, because they are useless to me then. I tend to spend 1 stone every week to restore stamina everytime there is sapphire dragons to evolve more water pendras. Just 1, I can't afford 2. For the recent 3 weeks I started to work on my dark team, so sometimes I spend stones to play more metal dragons when I feel I'm lucky that day. I still do jewel dragons, but don't spend stones on it anymore.

You see, by focusing one only one team I don't waste many stamina on evo materials dungeons. Also, I don't waste my stamina on those legendary/sky dragon dungeons. I know many of you spend 2 weeks hunting for the rare drop of mystic knights. Those dungeons have very bad exp/stamina ratio. I don't want to try my luck in there so I just finish the all 3 difficulty, grab the one stone reward and move on. Besides metal dragons/jewel dragons, I always keep doing the dungeon with the best exp/stamina ratio repeatedly. During weekends, I do the third dungeon in tower of giants for exp and also dragon plants. The dragon plants you got there save you a lot of trouble on Thursday dungeon, which is a waste of stamina. By doing this I can get one level up averagely on weekdays, and gain 2 levels at least during weekends.

Economically, I don't quite understand why you seems to always lack of gold. A month ago I spent the whole weekend doing tri-color dungeon, and got my gold over 2 million. It never drops beneath that. By hunting pendras in the technical dungeon you always get a lot of gold and even in the high-tier normal dungeons. I think there must be something wrong with your way of feeding. Do you feed everything you get directly to your base monsters? If you do, you need to stop doing that.

14. Back 5

Back 5 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    This week I ran certain evo dungeons in order to evolve some monsters. This week I was able to evolve my Dark MK-III which cost a TON of gold to finish leveling from 50-70 (only using dark metal dragons) as well as getting him from 1-31 post evolution.

Also, this week, I was able to level and evolve Graviton Earth Dragon and Crystal Aurora Dragon as well as level up my Volcano and Holy Dragons.

All of that sucked my gold stash dry. I was anywhere from 400k-500k gold just for those three monsters, but I figured running metal dragons was the best way to level them.

I will attempt to run technical dungeons this week for pendgdra leveling as well.

I still have Volcano and Holy dragon to evolve as well as Mystic Dark Knight, Vampire and Angel.

I am forever evolving and leveling monsters, which means I am always low on gold and not really getting much opportunity to run dungeons for max exp.

15. tobiasdu

Oct 14, 2012
    You see, this is what I was talking about. I guess you are aiming for an ADK team, so why do you bother with leveling MK-3, Vampire and Angel? Especially Angel, who is almost useless in every team...

Also, if I remember correctly, from level 50 to 70 cost about 440k exp. With 5 king metal dragons you can cover 375k, so it shouldn't be that costy.

16. Back 5

Back 5 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    I don't have enough monster boxes to keep storing evo materials, so if I'm lucky enough to get a King, I will use it along with 4 other little dragons for a power-up. This is usually 100k exp or so, but repeating it 4 times at 30k is a lot of gold.

I am trying to build up more variation for my team. My Wood team is doing well, which is my default team if I know I can easily beat a dungeon. I am trying to build a Dark team, especially for Fire dungeons as my Water team is not very strong.

My Angel isn't something I am actively leveling, but she has been sitting there for 40 days now or so :)

I am trying to find a more efficient way to play, all the while still evolving and getting new monsters.

17. tobiasdu

Oct 14, 2012
    Yeah if the number of the monster box is the issue, it is hard to get over that...not having enough space in monster box will tremendously slow down the process of leveling up. You probably spent too much on rare egg. Usually I suggest leave at least space for 15 big pendras, which means 15 little pendra and 15 dragon plants, and more space for jewel dragons.

18. Back 5

Back 5 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    I'll go through my box and see if I can sell off some of the evo materials for monsters I will put on the back shelf. I have dub's of varying colors saved for dual spec etc as well as masks of varying color that I could most likely sell to create room. I am currently 78/90 in boxes after selling a couple of things. All week I was 88/90 though :)

So far I have used almost all of my stones on rare pulls with my IAP during Christmas in hopes of getting a God.

19. Alfalfa

Alfalfa Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    thanks man, took your advice and got tons of cash now :D Gonna be looking out for these special dungeons

Also, I just completed the Alert! Metal Dragons! dungeon and got 5 enhance materials! :O One of them is super rare(5 stars) and gives 50k exp when used for upgrade @_@ Just incase anybody hasn't done them. 15 stamina for 5 stages. Also it's only lasting for another 42 mins though >.<

20. bumpkin

bumpkin New Member

Jan 14, 2013
    #2340 bumpkin, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
    Max lvl Valkyrie (not great valkyrie) looking for healers, shiva, orochi, and green odins (no luck farming any healers so far) 346,044,201. Always accepting other valkyries.

Sub account lvl 30 amaterasu 331,044,204 (5 star magicarp basically) looking for same stuff, working on getting it to 6 star.