Universal Puzzle & Dragons (by GungHo O. E. Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Mithel

Mithel Active Member

May 9, 2012
    What does a +1 in front of a monster portrait mean?

2. Stfnd

Stfnd Member

Nov 21, 2012
    It has higher stats, for example more Recovery, Health or Attack.
    If it is not a monster you want to keep, it is best used feeding it towards one of your main, so the +1 carries over.

On the subject of that. Does higher +'s on my monster make the leveling more expensive regularly aswell? In terms of money would I be best of not feeding it untill it is evolved into its final stage?

Or do the +'s not effect the regular leveling costs and rise on their own? Spend a lot of time for RCV eggs today, not as succesful as I would have hoped.

3. rod-

rod- Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2012
    The cost for +eggs only accumulates when you fuse new +eggs on. It does not affect normal leveling.

It's petty easy to ignore the cost for adding more +stats on until you get up around 30 or so, when you start to consider saving your +eggs in bundles. You can save yourself several million gold over the stretch from +30 to +99(or +297) by limiting the number of times you fuse +eggs to your main monster by using an intermediary.

4. Sheapy

Sheapy Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    I love Mondays cause of P&D. A new special dungeon to grind for in hopes of getting the boss :D

5. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    Played this on my ipad back when it was released, didnt really care much for it at the time... but this game seems pretty popular here so I just donwloaded it for my Android...

Are both "worlds", iOS and Android combined like in Rage of Bahamut? Or each device has it's own server?

Apart from that, anyone know a link/post/guide or whatever so I can read up on this game and understand it better?

6. Stfnd

Stfnd Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Interesting, thanks. Intermediary as in doing it in bundles, or a different monster carrying the bonuses over through Power-up Fusion?

7. Prinny Dood

Prinny Dood Member

Dec 14, 2012
    #2427 Prinny Dood, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    Short answer: Does not matter too much but doing it as bundling all the pluses on one monster is slightly cheaper.

Long answer:

The cost of power up is the level of the base monster X 100 X number of feed monsters. Feeding a goblin to a level 4 carbuncle costs 400 G. Feeding two goblins costs 800 G.

Now, if the base monster carbuncle has any pluses but the goblins have no pluses, the price remains the same.

The price increase kicks in when if any of the goblins has any pluses but the base monster carbuncle has no pluses, the price is the fusion fee + number of pluses x 1000.

The price gets even higher when both base and feed monsters have pluses. The total cost is (the level of the base monster X 100 X number of feed monsters) + the total number of pluses among all the monsters X 1000.

Scenario 1: Feeding a goblin (+5) to a level 4 carbuncle (+1) costs 400 G (the original fusion fee) + 6000 G (the fee due to the +6) = 6400.

Scenario 2: Feeding a goblin (+2) and a goblin (+3) to a level 4 carbuncle (+1) costs 800 G (the original fusion fee) + 6000 G (the fee due to the +6) = 6800. You'll need to pay the fusion fee once more, but no more fee for the pluses.

8. Stfnd

Stfnd Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Perfect! Thanks!

9. Back 5

Back 5 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Hera descends today! I need to start researching my Valk strategy for her.

10. toshiX

toshiX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Im not sure if I should go with the odin and dark resist leaders or valk and resolve leaders. I only have one siren. Which one do you guys think is easier to beat hera without stone?

11. Proc19

Proc19 Active Member

Dec 19, 2011
    For the first option, make sure you're comfortable healing 1200 HP every turn (she hits for ~12.3K every turn, which your Odin/half resist would reduce to like 1200). If you can't at any point, remember that she will hit you for over 6K from that point onwards until you can heal to full again.

For the second, you just need to make sure you can clear the lead up stages, e.g. via charging skills, focusing attacks, etc.

You'll want a poison monster or Shiva for Neptune because of his defense (70K), and you will need to be comfortable breaking the 1400/2200 defense on the devils.

12. toshiX

toshiX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Thanks for the reply. I have Lilith and shiva. Damn. It's really quite tough to defeat Hera huh? Just planning my team and strategy now is making my head spin. I guess I have 2 or maybe 3 tries to get her

13. Back 5

Back 5 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Once you get to stage 5, it's smooth sailing. You will most likely use stones to get there though. Tobias posted a great walkthrough on the other P&D boards.

14. toshiX

toshiX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    You mean the "dedicated" p&d forum that is 500 members strong? Or is there another thread somewhere in TA? Anyway I will go take a look. Thanks again! U guys have been v helpful. Hopefully I get my Hera later today. Seems like u guys have gotten urs?

15. Proc19

Proc19 Active Member

Dec 19, 2011
    #2435 Proc19, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    A couple of guides for reference...

From zgmfx19a --

From tobiasdu --

16. L.Hash

L.Hash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2012

I did the Flame Mechdragon on expert about 30 times still no drop. I would give a lot to get exact probability for the egg to show up. Bear in mind I did most of it this week end when it was x2 drop. A guy on the Facebook is saying the same. Are we just the most unlucky dudes? And Please don't get me started on how perfect the odds are set in this game.

17. Stfnd

Stfnd Member

Nov 21, 2012
    #2437 Stfnd, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
    I am posting this here aswell ,as I got great help from here before. I did some rare pulls and am quite unsure what to make of my team now.

New Pulls:
    Dino Rider
    Flare Drall
    Phoenix Knight
    Flame Guardian
    Dragon Rider
    Machine Golem

Only problem is my current team is somewhat of a mess, but should be light based. These are all fire pretty much (As expected). But I am not sure if I can make a team out of any of them other than Dino Rider.

Current team
    Amaterasu Okami lv31
    Verche lv27
    Machine Golem Mk2 lv30
    Vampire Lord lv21
    Dark Dragon Knight Lv36

The riders seem great but without the Okami being Leader, she is pretty much useless. Can I make anything out of this?

18. BlingBlang

BlingBlang Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    The final ice mech dragon looks pretty cool. Although he is not actually a dragon :p

19. toshiX

toshiX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Thanks for the links. Really appreciate it. However I realised my one and only orochi friend has stopped playing. Which means I can't use my call team and my resist dragon is not fully evolved yet. Looks like I would have to give the dungeon a pass again :(

20. Stfnd

Stfnd Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Where can I find Ruby Dragons? Or have I not unlocked it yet. I am upto Towers of Flare.