Universal Puzzle & Dragons (by GungHo O. E. Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Vovin, Nov 8, 2012.

1. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    #161 imuddy, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
    Rly? Cause on the chinese website I see all three has the same leader skill, 300% hp after matching. Only difference is the active skill.

I see the difference in 2nd evo. But according to the chinese site at 3rd evo its the same? Could be translation error.

2. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    #162 smegly, Nov 17, 2012
    Maybe. Guess I'm screwed then for having gotten rid of my Dryad. Oh well, I have friends with Cupids and Dryads. Hopefully I'll find out when they evolve them. As it stands right now, I'm leveling up some new monsters so I don't really need the healing. I do like having 4 out of 5 of the Dinosaur-types (like the 3 starters), at any rate. I'm missing a wood monster, so maybe I'll shoot for another Dryad.

3. shiris

shiris Active Member

Jan 12, 2012
    NEET
    1. Does anyone know where/what I need to farm to evolve my Angel into Archangel (i know i need 2 topalits, but the others are ?)
    2. does she also gain rondo of healing when she hits archangel

thanks in advance!

4. kurisu628

kurisu628 Active Member

Sep 15, 2010
    #164 kurisu628, Nov 17, 2012
    I've been playing the Japanese P&D quite literally every day for the past nine months, so please allow me to weigh in on the healer debate. Also forgive me if I make any mistakes with the English terminology like monster or skill names, cuz I don't know 'em.

Siren the Enchanter, Alraune The Wood Spirit (Dryad's evolution) and Archangel *do* have the same leader skill; 300% healing per round with a match. What you'd look at, then, is their RCV--which is the number that is multiplied by the 300% for the healing--and their non-leader skill.

Archangel: Angel has the highest initial RCV rating of the three. She keeps this lead throughout her growth, and it ties nicely into her skill, which heals her RCVx10 every ten turns. Skill levelling aside, this is the fastest heal of the three, and makes Angel great for fast spot recovery. On the other hand, her other attibutes are relatively low, making her utility singularly focused on speed healing; and if a monster's damage output can outpace her leader skill, her role in the party is usually over.

Alraune: Alraune's RCV is squarely between Angel's and Siren's. Her skill, like Angel, is a heal, but it activates every 20 turns, and heals for her RCVx20. You'll want to consider the risk vs. reward if you're choosing her over one of her sisters, but with a better balanced ATK attribute means she is (a little) handier in a pinch, and can swoop in to save the day a little better when you life is low.

Siren: It might surprise you that Siren's RCV is actually the lowest of the three healers, which makes her leader skill the least initially effective.
    Likewise, her regular skill is also less appealing, eschewing a straight heal for transforming fire jewels into heart panels. But what Siren lacks in healing, she makes up for in versatility. Her skill comes quickly, and if you've mastered chain combos you can make the heart panels she produces go a long way. There are also a vast variety of monsters that transform heart panels into colored jewels (Vampire Lord is most popular here in Japan, but there are plenty of others), which can make for some very strategic team builds if that's your thing.

...of course, all of these healers' attributes, and skills, can be tweaked via skill-ups or +eggs, but that's for another post. It's all moot anyway, because sitting serenely on top of all three is my darling Amaterasu Okami, who heals you back to full every twenty rounds, and returns 500% of her RCV to you every round you match three. (^∇^)

5. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Is Alraune a third evolution or is Japan's Alraune called Mandrake in the US? At any rate, another difference I'm seeing is that Mandrake hits max at 70 whereas Siren does so at 99. I'm not sure how much that matters in the long run though. What element is Amaterasu? As there are a few dual element types, I'm kinda seeing her as light/fire.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

6. kurisu628

kurisu628 Active Member

Sep 15, 2010
    #166 kurisu628, Nov 17, 2012
    If her max level is 70, then Mandrake is Dryad's second form; and I wouldn't be surprised if her third form's name was "Mandrake the Forest Spirit" or something like that. All of healer class monsters (Siren, Dryad, Cupid, Succubus and Naga) have a three step evolution. The litany I wrote pertains to those third forms.

Amaterasu is a light-aligned God Class monster, who was released before dual-element monsters existed. She has two forms; "Amaterasu" and "Amaterasu Okami." I was super lucky to get her in a rare drop over the summer and had a hell of a time collecting the ingredients to evolve her. But damn, is she worth it. V(^_^)V

And by the way, if anybody has questions about P&D I am more than happy to field them. I can't guarantee you an answer but I'll do my best to find something out; I'm fluent in Japanese and know where the info dump sites are.

7. tobiasdu

tobiasdu Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    I think Alraune is called Mandrake in US. It's the wood attribute healer we are talking about, right? As kurisu628 said, all three healers have the same leader skill when evolved to their 5 star form. That's 300% of the RCV value for every turn.

Amaterasu Okami is a light attribute God type monster. So far I haven't see anyone using it in the US game. Do you have it kurisu628? Also, do you care to share your friend ID in the game?

8. Back 5

Back 5 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    kurisu628,

I should spent the time leveling my Mandrake to her 3rd God form? She is monster #93.

Also, I received a Shardra #291 that I evolved into Shardran #292. Is this a monster worth pushing into it's 3rd form?

Also, my Harpie Demon is my highest attack monster currently, #198, however, she does not have a 3rd form and is only 3 stars. Should I continue to level her or should I wait until I find a better light monster to use? I do have 3 Wood monsters, 2 dragons and a technique, so I could use them if necessary.

Thanks for your input!

EDIT: Last question, do you use your pal points? I have been using the machine as I earn enough points, but they are always crappy monsters.

9. CTrumper

CTrumper Active Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Want to swap rank 20 the 'premium egg'?

So...

Does anyone have access to an unused rank 20 'premium egg' option? I'm past rank 20 right now and I haven't used mine yet. If I understand it correctly, it would be cool to find someone who hasn't used their yet and swap with them so we can both get two premium eggs. Anyone interested?

This is copied from an earlier post, but I am newly to rank 20 with this option, so this is a 2nd opportunity to do this.

10. tobiasdu

tobiasdu Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    The 3rd form of Shardra can be useful if you put it as a leader. It makes you take only half the damage from water and fire monsters. But you can always find a friend using it, besides the evo material is hard to get, so it's not worthy IMO.

Harpie demon has very high ATK but very low HP and RCV. The max level stats is 517/1073/167(HP/ATK/RCV). It can be very useful at the early stage of the game.

You can get pretty good monsters from pal egg pulls. Although most of them are crap. It's all pure luck. I have already get all 5 attributes dragon from it.

Hope this helps.

11. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    I've been trying to get a cupid for a while now and it seems the drop rate is close to zero. After gone through 30 or more runs, is there a way to improve my chances of getting a cupd egg? Really desparate for a healer atm.

12. Back 5

Back 5 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    I haven't sent my present out yet. I'd be willing to trade with you.

13. L.Hash

L.Hash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Weekend dungeons are up.

does anyone know how to drop chests, i mean 100% drop rate?

14. Back 5

Back 5 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Tricolor dungeons only drop chests. You can make a lot of gold running those if you have enough stamina.

15. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Anyone gotten a cupid egg to drop from the saint mission? Ranked from 17 to 30, nothing but cupids and it just won't drop. Driving me crazy.

16. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    That explains the confusion then. I've only seen starting sirens and five star sirens, due to us having had a water event from the rare coin machine this past week. I haven't seen any intermediary Sirens. So, if the case is that the healers all have to evolve twice to get that big auto heal at 25 AND 70, their sort of a pain in the ass to deal with until then.

17. Back 5

Back 5 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    I ended up getting a Cupid and a Mermaid to drop :(

I used 2 stone pulls and got a Highlander #223 and a Pierdrawn #301 to drop. Not sure how useful they will be.

It seems like this game is wanting me to have a Wood and Dark team though, as I now have enough for each.

18. CTrumper

CTrumper Active Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Is this for me? My ID is 314 233 283

19. Back 5

Back 5 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    I tried adding you, but you are at max friends. My ID is 321 635 288 if you want to trade presents.

20. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    #180 imuddy, Nov 17, 2012
    Drop from pulls or mission? and how many tries did it take you? Its driving me nuts

I'm doing heaven's servant mission and using inferno breathe to 1hit ko all 3 cupid. Is that the reason i'm not getting anything?