Universal Puzzle Monster Quest: Attack on Titan (By Kick9)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 24, 2016.

1. gakuka

gakuka Active Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Haha! Your patience astounds me! My internet is 31 Mb/s, more than fair I think, I waited 10 minutes and thought, channeling Jake from The Dark Tower series, "there are other games than this." :).

2. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    how does this compare to Gamevil's Dungeon Link?
    I think from mechanics they are more or less the same, but While i know for a fact that Gamevil's F2P is not too limiting, i didn't like the characters on Dungeon Link (too many cutesy-ogrey-wolfy things).
    This collab with AoT here has me interested character side. So for the people who have -oprimally- played both, how does PMQ stand on the F2P and the characters?

3. opertuv

opertuv Member

Aug 16, 2016
    Hard to tell right now. I mean, I've had the game less than 24 hours. Aside from the server hiccups on the download, the game doesn't seem to bad.

Keep in mind, I never put to much time into Puzzles and Dragons, but everything seems fair thus far. I really enjoy the art style and the little village as the 'home screen'.

4. Deadline247

Deadline247 Member

Apr 17, 2013
    I had to give up due to the insane download time. That's ridiculous!

5. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Only played this one for around 8 hours now but so far I vastly prefer Dungeon Link to this one. I don't like the UI, there are a million events going on (normally good but a lot of them seem to be money-only events as in get these Egyptian pulls randomly for a limited time), there is NO AoT collab that I can see at the moment (and nothing is listed in events coming soon), and they are very stingy with the paid currency during these "launch events" (1 gem a day means 1 pull in 5 days). Also, inexplicably, some of the "launch week" promotions are ending TODAY (the 25th).

Really seems sloppy all around, and although I like the core gameplay I think this one is way too P2W for me to stick with it.

6. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i just did a fb search on their app page, and people are having the same concerns wth you Tinsel : No AoT collab yet(they say coming soon) and the events of launch week end today because apparently it was somehow launched 19 August... in US and Canada.

7. Menezesmaia

Menezesmaia Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2011
    I really like this game. I know, this download issue is pretty bad, but overall seems a nice freemium game. There's a bunch of customization and monsters. The puzzle game is more complex and more diverse than Dungeon Link and other games.

I hope the devs fix the problems and stay around.

8. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    I let it download when I was sleeping, I'll play it later though.

9. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer

You cant argue the download is the longest i have come across but still i left it running while i had a quick nap. The artwork reminds me of another game i have played in the past but i cant remember for the life of me what it was, i myself think Dungeon Link comes out better than this, that does seem a lot slicker and not as rough looking as this one.

I was starting to think maybe it was me and i was missing something but as others have posted there seems to be no AoT running at present either cause we missed it or its yet to start still that is a bit of false advertising right there and one that could get them in trouble.

I do like the game as its different from the normal stuff not sure if i will stick with it..only time will tell.

10. Tanshui

Tanshui Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Seems to be identical to the gameplay of Chain Dungeons - which was a SouthEast Asia only release. Made by the same company? Kick9 sounds familiar.

11. Tanshui

Tanshui Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    I downloaded and played through the tutorial. 100% same game as Chain Dungeons, even down to the main character's starting Fire Blade skill and the battle and town UI.

Let's hope it's the same company doing a western/worldwide release, otherwise this is cloning on an epic level. :)

FWIW, the game does play much smoother than Chain Dungeons.

12. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    So far I have gotten over 20 free pulls with friend points, including several 4⭐️ And this guy here...

Attached Files:

13. opertuv

opertuv Member

Aug 16, 2016
    I'm actually enjoying the game. If it wasn't for yesterday's terrible server issues, I really don't see any major concerns with it.

14. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Anyone know how to play with friends? Not just adding someone to your party. I recall seeing being able to play with up to 4 players?

15. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    So we can get the AoT units from friend points?? I was going reroll in hopes for now but won't have to if we can use friend points

16. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    I don't believe that guy is AoT. He's Egyptian

17. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I was just assuming since you can get the Egyptian units that you can also get the AoT ones as well.

18. opertuv

opertuv Member

Aug 16, 2016
    Call me crazy, but I'm still really enjoying this game a ton. Aside from that really bad download (assuming server side), it seems like a solid game.

19. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Loot Tables

Okay. This is definitely an F2P title but it's been generous with friend points and pulls. 5 pulls with friend points got me:
    5 star x 2
    4 star x 1
    3 star x 2

20. opertuv

opertuv Member

Aug 16, 2016
    I've had pretty good luck thus far too. I never played PAD very much, but this seems super fair.