Puzzle Wizard (prizes up to $150 + promo codes)

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by CheekyMammoth, Jul 23, 2015.

1. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    Thank you, coolpepper43.

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Well done puzzle wizards congrats

3. warcrack

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    Thank you,dreadnok. See you in next contest :)

4. Congrats to warcrack as well. I am delighted to share the prize. To everyone who did not participate, Puzzle Wizard is a very well laid out puzzle game. The attention to detail in the levels design in terms of visual and strategy involved is what sets this apart from other games that I have played. Thanks CheekyMammoth for a great game and challenging contest. :D

5. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Well done warcrack and m13! Perhaps when I have more time, I'll see you in another contest :)
    Just a quick question CheekyMammoth, since I can't recall, was the level I claimed was worth 2 or 3 promo codes?

Also, Puzzle Wizard is a really great game - easy recommendation to any hardcore puzzler. Might be too difficult for casual players. But at $1 for hours (heck, days) of surprising puzzling, it's a steal.

6. creeps

creeps Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2014
    still would like to know how to solve the Retro Gamer and X Marks the Spot

7. CheekyMammoth

CheekyMammoth Well-Known Member

It was worth 2 promo codes - Wizard got a bonus one. Did you want 2xiOS, 2xMac, or 1 of each?

8. CheekyMammoth

Retro Gamer: First, try to figure out the possible methods of walking onto the key, then you can focus your strategy on the correct point of the puzzle. Can the key be on a yellow tile and then you walk onto it from the yellow Color Arrow? If not, then there must be another entrance point to the key tile. What are the other viable options? There is only one other in this puzzle - the Shield. The Key Within puzzle introduced Color Shields as doorways to otherwise inaccessible areas, when combined with other mechanics. Now, which preconditions need to be met before the Shield in Retro Gamer can become a doorway to the key? See how you go with this tip.

X Marks the Spot: Do you feel like you are going around and around with no progress being made? These double Conveyor Belts are deceptive. But you're introduced to this concept when you're on the little row boat at the start. You have to row the boat in a particular order so as to not become stuck at the top of the puzzle board. Think about this and use the double Conveyor Belts in tandem, looking multiple steps ahead so as to avoid frustration. See how you go. It's not a super-complicated puzzle, but you do have to be precise.

9. warcrack

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    #89 warcrack, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    Wizard Falling Blocks level...final
    [​IMG]
    Dev,you can post my promo codes here for site users.I have Mac version and iOS.Thank you again for awesome game and prize.
    Wait for next update levels...
    [​IMG]

10. #90 m13, Aug 7, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    @warcrack lol your solution is different from mine ;)

@creeps Here are the solutions for retro gamer and x marks the spot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. CheekyMammoth

Yes, your solutions were slightly different, but only in minor elements. My own solution is slightly different again, but the core elements are still present.

Here are warcrack's codes (iOS), available to others, as he requested:

MXFEXN3TKLMP
    3W4XH6YJY6EA

Please only take one per user and post in reply if you use one (for the sake of others).

12. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Cool, thanks for the confirmation!
    I just sent an email to claim color flood :)
    I'll take 3 iOS codes please. Thanks very much for running this little contest with a really great game! I'll be supporting any future releases from you :)

13. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I grabbed the MXFEXN3TKLMP code. Thanks to warcrack!

14. creeps

creeps Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2014
    thanks m13! Now I got it. I was on this step in Retro Gamer but I used the wrong next step.

15. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I haven't gotten my code for Color swap

16. CheekyMammoth

Would you prefer iOS or Mac?

17. I almost forgot the thank dev for a fantastic contest and prize. :)