Universal Quantum Revenge (by realtech VR)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by vblack, Apr 2, 2017.

1. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Still waiting for someone who's figured it out to explain the upgrade system. If any upgrades are permanent or not...
    I bought one of the guns and it seemed like a total waste of coin. Hesistant to spend more coins.

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I figured out so far the weapon upgrade is permanent. It has different levels. I died and it retained my purchase. I'm going to buy some iap and see what happens with the other modules and report back.

Normally I'm the one here having problems with games but on this one I'm the one that's not crashing lol. Go figure.

Billy

3. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Hey Billy, how's it going buddy?

Question. Which thing are you referring to as the weapon upgrade? I see other weapons but nothing that upgrades the base weapon. I thought the weapons leveled up through playing and leveled down when you lose health.

I really can't figure this game out but it is fun. Lol

4. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Scroll to the right on that screen after you die. You will see a cog that says main weapon armament damage increase 5%

Then the next is 10%. That's permanent.

Billy

5. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    This game could be great but it's kind of a mess with the way it works now. There needs to be CLEAR instructions on what are permanent upgrades, what certain things do, etc.

The accel works good with the force touch, but power does not work with the right stick as it is supposed to. And I honestly think there can just be one accel or power. They're so close to what they do and aren't really that useful to begin with.

Currency is still WAY too little. I appreciate the 25,000 but that would only get you one of the pilots. And you get maybe 2,000-3,000 per run. Then you may spend it on continues and/or upgrades and never even be able to save towards the other mechs with the next cheapest being 50,000.

Not even knowing what truly carries over is only half the problem. Why not give 10,000 currency or so at least on the boss battles? As it is now, you feel forced to buy IAPs if you really want to get anywhere.

And I have no interest in spending more money on a game that feels half baked as it is.

Again, could be an awesome game but it needs substantial work -- particularly in currency balancing and explanations of upgrades.

As it is now, I have to put it aside until more updates hopefully resolve issues. Just too frustrating.

6. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Oh man, I can't believe it. I read those the first time a played the game and then forgot about them. Thanks Billy. *face plam*

7. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #87 sobriquet, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    I really want to like this. Actually I do like this game but every time I play I end up quitting out of frustration over not understanding Something. I also agree the currency balance is way off in the game. 10,000 credits for a one run armor boost and continues that cost more then what you've made? And the cheaper continue that is basically a restart button?

And the glitches. One game I died and on the continue screen I made an upgrade. After the upgrade it gave me the option to continue, even though I was dead, and it returned to the game with the boss and some other ships just sitting there doing nothing and my guy is of course not there. I had to close and restart the app to get out of it. If you use a controller and then stop using the controller the game puts a "controller not connected" message across the top of the screen and it doesn't go away.

The game is a mess.

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Yea I used the free continue today for the first time and it restarted me. I was perplexed. There's really no point to it. There's no way I'm spending all of those credits to restart.

I agree you don't get enough credits while playing. Things need to be explained. The beginning loading sequence needs to be shortened or skippable after the actual loading is done. It's way too long.

Again a credit doubler and a continue IAP would be better options than credits.

The thing is all of these things can be addressed. It looks like they needed to release the game before it was ready. We all know how pressure can be. The dev team seems dedicated so I'm willing to give them time to address the issues. For some reason I just like this game. There's something to it. I don't know lol.

Billy

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Holy crap. I didn't realize these guys made No Gravity!! I thought I recognized their name. I just looked up their other titles on the AppStore and saw Ihad No Gravity.

I purchased No Gravity when they originally introduced it on the PlayStation portable. They then ported it to Android OS where I purchased there. It had some issues but they worked on it and made many fixes and patches and addressed the issues. Then I got an iPhone and purchased it again. It's one of my favorite games.

These guys are good devs. I have no doubt this game will get taken care of.

Billy

10. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #90 Qwertz555, Apr 9, 2017
    About earnings...before my usual crash on 3-1, i made about 9500 credits, and just after resuming from here, i made another 2500 within the next 30 seconds before it crashed again.

@Devs
    There is still no score set-back when we resume the game after any crash.

Nobody seems to read one page back anymore (my post #78)...
    The white stars on the modules shows how many permanent upgrades you made so far. Easy, no?

Edit: i fully upgraded module B, 4 times possible.

Attached Files:

11. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    #91 anthony78, Apr 9, 2017
    ^^ Thanks for pointing out about the permanent upgrades. But that still doesn't explain it in-game. They aren't marked with stars or anything until after you purchase it so that is not "easy".

Also, there should be a confirmation screen before purchase. I bought something I didn't want, wasting 10,000 of my 25,000 bonus credits.

There are still a lot of things that aren't explained very well. And while you made 12,000 in a run, I don't think I've ever made more than 3,000. I still don't think it's balanced but whatever I'm done with this game unless it is rebalanced.

The weapons also feel woefully under powered.

12. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    The squid bug is solved for me. I could beat this beast !
    Thanks for the update!

13. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Ok, let's talk about this.

Sorry I somehow missed your post. I visit here multiple times a day and catch up on the threads relevant to what I'm currently playing. Thanks for posting that information.

So what are you doing to get so many credits. That's way more then I get. I'm fairly aggressive in that first level and chase after everything and have never gotten more then 3 or 4K from the parts up to the squid. Side note: the update did fix the squid crash for me and I finally beat it.:) if you have some suggestions for how to maximize credit earnings it would be appreciated.

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Yea I'd like to know the secret to earning that many credits. I make it pretty far and I don't earn that many credits. Not even close. Not even in the same orbit as close. I destroy all of the rocks that I can and I'm aggressive as well.

Billy

15. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #95 Qwertz555, Apr 9, 2017
    I'm playing with Yuu/Shadow, the last character which parts (red orbs) i found during playing. It seems that the Devs leveled the weapon down after the last update (?). My level never dropped down to 3 before.

I bought the permanent Module E, double the amount of coins. One white star, that's it.

It looks like when you destroy a complete formation of mostly 4 enemies, you'll get a bonus score. Maybe you'll also get more coins because of that?
    I'm concentrating on the red arrows around the screen, and after destroying one or more groups, i stop shooting and gather coins, health and all by using the accel/dash button. Sometimes i use the dash also to catch up with some formations before killing them.

PS: just realized that Module F isn't permanent :confused: The star disappeared and i had to buy it again... whatever i wrote about permanent stuff, forget it, sorry. Yep, this game is really confusing and messy.

Edit: the prizes are different everytime as well.

16. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Well my bug free gameplay is over.

I went and purchased IAP. I bought the 100k mecha and the 50k mecha and I played. I ended up getting the last part I needed to get that shadow mech. I got the achievement. I then quit out of the game and BAM the game froze. It locked up my entire phone. I was forced to hit the power button and home button.

I reload the game after reboot and the shadow mech is half unlocked. It's allowing me to use it and I can even upgrade it but it won't show the mech or pilot. It shows the Orange pilot. The super weapon appears to work as well. However after I beat every boss I have a 50/50 chance of crashing. There's massive graphical distortions with the screen and then it just crashes and I have to hit the power and home button because it locks up the entire phone. It shows I have all of the parts but says I need the parts to unlock it but it's unlocked lol.

Billy

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    It's unplayable. It's crashing mid play. It's got to be something with iCloud or a memory leak or something.

This is insane. It was working smoothly until I made those permanent purchases. Now I cannot play at all and have had my device completely lock up 3 times.

Damn.

Billy

18. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Another reason not to get IAPs...lol

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I was taking 1 or 2 IAP's for the team to see which upgrades are permanent. I know pretty much what they are now. It cost me $6 to do it. Lol. But now I have more headaches.

Ok so I got some resolution. I was playing and crashing. I started a new game. I made it to the squid, getting graphical distortions but not crashing after beating the previous two bosses. Then I started the new level and something weird happened. I got another ship part. Now mind you I'm using the shadow mech. I got 6 ship parts and got the achievement somehow even though I cannot sign into game center. So I immediately quit out of that game. I restarted the entire game and BAM now the shadow mech is properly appearing. I can see all of its abilities and stats. It's completely unlocked. So I go in and upgrade its level to a 4th star using up the last of my credits and begin a new game. It's damn powerful. Out of all the mecha it's the best! It's fast and kick ass. Anyways I am anOT getting anymore graphical distortions upon beating the bosses. It's smooth playing again. I beat the squid. Beat the next boss. No problem. So the issues with the crashing and distortions was because the game only half unlocked the shadow mech and I guess didn't like that I was upgrading it.

So I beat the boss after the squid. I forget what it's called. I get to the next stage. I'm making a crap ton of credits. The credits really start flowing on this level. I crash. Damn. It wasn't where I had to hard reboot. Just the game crashed. I restated the game. It started me exactly where it crashed. I continue playing and bam I crash again. I restart the game and continue and crash again. I started a new game. I beat the 4 bosses without any issue. I got back to that level. I start playing the level. The credits are flowing and the action is pretty intense. BAM I crash. I restart and bam crash again.

So I'm crashing at that level. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Lol. So while everyone else is crashing at the squid I'm crashing 2 levels past that. Atleast I can play a bit now and I got the shadow mech.

I wish the devs would chime in.

Billy

20. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Me too. Crashing on 3-1 everytime. I think game is too much for my Air....