iPhone Quarriors! - (by Icarus Studios, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Appletini, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Felonious Tub

Felonious Tub Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    It's 10:30 Monday morning and so far, nothing to report on Quarrior watch 2013.

2. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I searched the AU AppStore earlier today and did not see the game listed, so I assume we will see a world wide release sometime tomorrow. I am of course referring to the US time zone.

3. Jakepaz

Jakepaz New Member

Dec 16, 2013
    So it's 5pm in Australia still no sign of it in the App Store. Anyone have any updates?

4. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Yeah, I do:

The game is not out yet. :p

Seriously, though, I smell a delay here. I really hope I'm wrong, though.

5. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    #65 krautboy, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    It's out! In the Dutch app store at least... Downloading now.

Unfortunately i won't be able to play it for a while. My little girl (2,5 years old) just crawled onto my lap after she descided she wants to watch the black cauldron. Ugh,well at least she's got taste..

6. dhgamer

dhgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    New York
    Out in the US... downloading :)

7. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    #67 MrMojoRisin, Dec 16, 2013
    Glad I was wrong about the delay! Of course now I have to wait until I get home from work this evening to get this. Oh well, that's the tradeoff for being a responsible and productive member of society and a good and providing husband.

I hope it was worth having to wait through a soft release.

8. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    Not out in Germany yet... But you downloading guys give us hope ;)

9. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Glad it's finally here, now to go spend some time with it.

10. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    It is out ... just search for the Company and let show all their Apps. ;)

11. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    #72 currymutton, Dec 16, 2013
    Sorry to sound like a noob, but yup, downloading...and someone over BGG posts a possible bug already:

12. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    Well, I almost gave up for today. Searching for Icarus Studios didn't do it, but when I boldly clicked on the NZ iTunes link above, Taa-Taa! this time I directly went to the game. Downloading... Thanks to your post I can try it out on the train tonight.

13. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    Please someone confirm if there is a huge bug that pretty much breaks the game. I'd love to buy this tonight when I get home, but I'm not dropping a dime on it after having to wait through a three week "soft launch" if they didn't bother to fix a major bug in the game.

14. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    I have had three games and did not encounter the bug, but given the screenshots on BGG, you can pretty much assume that there indeed is a huge problem, when conditions are met. Unless you consider that buying two 8 quiddity monsters with 1 quiddity is okay...

On my part, I am not too sure the computer calculates correctly combat damage at all times, but it may be that I was not paying enough attention when assigning blockers...

15. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    What bug? I'm not an experienced Quarriors player but it seemed to play fine on my tutorial and first legitimate play through.

I hope it was just beginner's luck, I mean this is a dice game, but I won both games by a significant margin barely knowing what I was doing. I assume the key for a bigger challenge is to take on more opponents since, even if only adequate AI, with 3-4 players in the mix, there is a greater chance somebody could get luckier than myself.

16. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    So it's not all the time, which is ok, I suppose. As long as the AI sticks to only buying what they should in those circumstances, then I will stay honest as well and it won't be that much of a problem.

As for combat values, is anyone else having issues there?

I'm starting to wish that Playdek made this. I know they've had their own issues as of late, but at least they get the basic game mechanics right.

Three week soft launch + glaring issues with the program following basic game rules = no excuse!!!!

17. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    My first game against two players, I rolled quiddity all game long, no creatures at all, and lost with 5 glory in total... So luck plays quite a big part.

18. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Hmm, have not seen this in my first two games...unless the couple of times I purchased a 9 quiddity beast it was not legitimate. :eek:

19. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    Someone on BGG said the AI was too easy to beat. Man, this is looking more and more like a botched effort. Please somebody post with a good reason to actually buy this!