QuestLord

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LavaLevel, Jul 6, 2012.

1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    On questlord.com/bbs/ the developer posted QuestLord development was on hiatus due to personal set-backs but that it is now back in active development. The initial beta build was very promising.

2. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011

Oh... here's to hoping the dev is okay! And thank you!

3. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    +1 to that!! :D This game has definitely dropped off of my radar, but now I'm excited for it again. :)

4. LavaLevel

LavaLevel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    #44 LavaLevel, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
    Back from the grave!!!!!

THIS BEAST IS RISING AGAIN...

So yeah, some set backs and delays and I probably lost my Touch Arcade buzz that I had this summer, but you know what? I still think it is going to be worth it. Not financially by any means, however I will always be able to look back at it and proudly say 'THAT IS MY GAME', rather than 'Yea, It coulda been better but I wanted to rush it out with the hype and oodles of updates.'

It is going to be a much better game for it and really appreciate everyone holding tight. Testers, new build soon, and Undead I need to get with you about that Kindle Fire later in the week.

So to not miss out or have further radar dropage I created a mailing list. I know, I know.. 'ugh a mailing list...' Indeed I agree, very 2000... therefore I decided to make it fun! It was a big hit last week with my twitter followers and we are doing it up until release. (Note:If you made the beta sign up, pls feel free to sign up to the mailing list, just click -OPT OUT- of contest to give others a chance so I don't have to re-roll the winners. You will get these prizes anyway...)

So check it out! Cool free stuff !
    Also this will be the last week for the chance to become an in game NPC! Because this baby is going on content complete lock down!

http://questlord.us6.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=53bafea3c1d44ee456e1c37f3&id=ec7e428ae4

[​IMG]

Also, to note I have a facebook fanpage as well
    http://www.facebook.com/QuestLordApp

Onward!!!

5. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    Nice. I was hoping this didn't die.

Looking forward to release.

6. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Agreed!! Can't wait to see this! Also, is this only going to be for the iPhone, or will it be universal?

7. LavaLevel

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    Thanks guys!

The plans are for it to be as universal as possible. Although I doubt I am going to get a chance to make a Windows Mobile port anytime soon.

But I definitely would like to look into it.

8. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Awesome!! I'm glad to hear that it's going to be universal too!! PLEASE implement cloud saves if at all possible too because it's nice to have the option to switch between my iPhone and iPad when needed. :D

9. MMarzola

MMarzola Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    YES!! I grew up on these PC RPGs. So I am super excited that someone is bringing back this style of game.

Are you going to have party members that follow you around and help you slay baddies?

10. LavaLevel

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    Not on this one. I am concentrating on a single hero game. Much like Alternate Reality or Ultima 1&2. This lets me do things such as swipe the screen for combat attacks and have detailed first person visuals that wouldn't really work for players in the back.

11. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #51 undeadcow, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
    You guys wouldn't believe the progress QuestLord has made over the past year even from the build in the first post screenshots, and those below. The most recent beta build is a lot of fun to play. The developer might come and take my first born if I reveal too many details but I can say QuestLord is a game to watch out for. Since they're on the game's website anyway I think it's fair to copy/re-post a portion of those public screenshots and the developer video showing off the mechanics in that first build.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    Nice, looking forward to this one.

13. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #53 Vovin, Jan 9, 2013
    This looks hot! Exactly what I am waiting for!

I am a RPGamer myself, since 25 years. I played them all, from the first Richard Garriot games (Alakabeth and stuff) over Pools of Radiance (and sequels), Eye of the Beholder, Bards Tale and Dungeon Master, until the modern Grimrock... so, I'd really love to play this!

Hell yeah! That is the spirit that divides the really good games from the games which are purposely made for earning money in the first place! Live that dream and if the game is good, it might be successful. The AppStore is really unpredictable when it comes to the success of games. But I like your attitude and that the game will be a labour of love, so finish that game and take my money! ;)

14. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    Looks really cool! It looks like it's close to the release (?). The price is probably going to be 2 dollars, so this will be instabuy!

15. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

How do you know? Unless stated in the thread, I don't think that a full-fledged RPG in the spirit of DM or EotB will be that cheap.

16. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    #56 Underwater, Jan 9, 2013

They mention the price at the end in the video.

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #57 Vovin, Jan 9, 2013

Ah, ok, thanks for the info! :)
    An instabuy anyway, but for that price nobody can say that it is too expensive.

Interesting video, btw, it shows again how perfectly the game uses the iDevice's control abilities.

18. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    #58 Issac, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    I've been following this for a while, and I believe I already said this in an earlier post but - day one purchase for me!

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Same here, game looks great, looking forward to it

20. AceWizard

AceWizard Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Studying to become an Electrician
    Sweden
    How have i missed this one? I still play The Qust on my Iphone today, and this looks like more of that awesome genre of games i adore.