Quick-Fun-Super Hard-Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Slayergramp, Nov 4, 2013.

1. And that you think Groove Vortex is a good game.

@Andy I was not the one that brought this over here in the first place with a snide remark. That is all I will say.

2. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    #22 Lazer Kat, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    Ill pick up octagon when I'm done with Boson X (which may be never, at this rate).
    I didn't like Pivvot too much. It was good, but it didn't get me too excited.
    GV ill probably pass on, since I didn't like SH.

Never heard of expander, but ill check it out now.

Btw, I really appreciate the honest imps that guys like EP give. I think we need more of that. I catch crap for my 'negativity' sometimes, but I honestly just feel passionate about the games I love and hate...and like to let ppl know my opinion.
    At the end of the day that's all they are. Opinions.

3. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Expander looks cool.
    About to grab that or Octogon

What are the controls like in expander?

4. For me, and this maybe biased a little for ipad retina, my favorite are

Super Hexagon, Duet Game, Boson X, and Groove Vortex.

Very highly recommend all of these.

5. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I'd definitely get Octogon

6. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    I heard GV is slower than SH. I didn't like how short the SH games were, but the core gameplay seemed cool.
    Do GV games last longer?
    (I know. This depends on my skill, I'm sure, but as far as averages)

7. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    @Lazer_Kat It's tilt only but you should also check out Ztatiq, it's free

8. Right now Groove Vortex is endless, and it is easier than Super Hexagon. So it maybe better for casual players in some ways.

The developer said he will be adding a harder difficulty mode in an update soon.

So if the endless appeals to you, or graphics, then by all means get it, it is awesome in ipad retina I tell you.

And it's only a buck right now, so great good buck game.

9. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Just picked up GV & Octogon.
    Loving Oc. so far. Haven't spent much time w/ GV.

10. Good, you're getting some good games. Also take a look at these, they are all addictive games.

Pivvot
    Dropchord
    Bobbing
    Impossible Road

11. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Also Wingdot, Line Bound, and I Am Box

12. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    #32 Lazer Kat, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    Hated dropchord. I think its because it was marketed as a music game, but it wasn't at all. Whether or not you tapped to the music felt like it had absolutely no effect on gameplay. None. That really bothered me.

Pivvot and Impossible Road were both good but didn't really catch my interest.

Bobbing. Ill take a look at it. I've heard of it, but don't remember what it is.

I'm completely addicted to WingDot right now. In a week of HUGE name releases, WingDot and Chicken boy were my two most played games of the week.

Haven't played the others. Searching for them now.

Thanks guys. Always love suggestions, as I'm always"shopping" for new games.
    I swear, between games and music apps...I spend more time and effort searching forums, and videos to decide what apps to buy than I spend using the apps. We call AAS (App,Acquisition.Syndrome), and i have a bit of a problem. :)

Edit: either of you two playing Pathogen?

*Bobbing: yeah, I played the 'get addicted' free version a while back. It was cool, but it never pulled me in. I'm going to revisit it.

** Line Bound: looks very cool. It's SD only. Does anyone know how it feels on iPad in 2X mode?
    *** I Am Box: D/ling now.

13. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Gleamer
    That's a good one that comes to mind when thinking about these sort of difficult, just one more, minimalist, twitch-sort-of games.

You guys checked that out?

14. Yeah, it was fun at first, but got a little frustrating later.

Never played pathogen, so I will take a look at the video.

Didn't like bobbing the first couple of levels, but the more I played, the funner it got.

But to even deviate more from twitch games, polara is kinda the same concept and is quite fun, if you haven't played.

15. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    #35 Lazer Kat, Nov 17, 2013
    Love polara. I actually preferred it over bobbing.
    I'm playing I am Box now. This game is great, but really needs leader boards. Also I'm encountering an issue where it doesn't register my right taps about 1/20 times. That's enough to ruin a game like this.

Otherwise, I think I Am Box is an amazingly addictive, 1-more-try sort of game.

Btw, Pathogen is NOTHING like these games. It just came to mind as something I think more ppl should check out

16. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    #36 Lazer Kat, Nov 17, 2013
    Walls of Doom
    That's another twitch-like one you guys should check out. It's FREE.

Edit: I just played Walls of Doom for the first time in months. I guess they got desperate, because they made the ads so, SO much worse!

17. Yeah, just saw the thread, downloading it now, small, hope it is good.

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Have you guys checked out Project 88? Also twitch based. Kind like Boson X for being a tunnel runner, but there are no "lanes" kinda like Groove Vortex or Super Hex in the controls department.

In a way, Project 88 is also like Octagon with the left+right movement, and tapping both sides simultaneously lets you flip to the ceiling.

Like these great twitch games, Project 88 is also devoid of any IAPs.

19. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Sadly they've now ruined the game with ads. They used to only be in between rounds.
    :-(

20. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

@Lazer Kat - if you're looking for some brutal platformers (not sure if you like those or just difficult games like Boson), definitely check out 14px and Commander Pixman. I consider those the best Super Meat Boy-style platformers on IOS.